Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 03:38:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioOur retrowave/synthwave OST!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Our retrowave/synthwave OST!  (Read 967 times)
ManuGunstar
Level 0

PR Manager

View Profile WWW
« on: January 20, 2018, 11:08:51 AM »

Hello! I'm here to show you the retrowave OST we're creating for Phobos Vector Prime, an arcade shooter with MOBA Multiplayer Mode that we're developing for PS4.

The music of our video game is being composed by Enocguitar and Caliebre, two spanish musicians and youtubers, who have managed to capture the essence of our project and have given it a special touch that combines the characteristics of the genre retrowave/synthwave with the melody of the spanish guitar.

What is your opinion? Do you like these songs from our OST?

« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 11:16:16 AM by ManuGunstar » Logged

PythonBlue
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 01:13:43 PM »

Guess I picked a good time to return, speaking as another retro-tinged composer.

When I heard the bass drum, I was concerned about it not sounding that retro at all, and then the higher synths and especially the guitar kicked in. XD

The second piece begins as a nice ambient piece, easily giving me Vangelis vibes.

Overall, VERY well done! My only concern is that it sounds a bit too pop-like for a soundtrack, but then again, I don't have too much information about what kind of game this is other than a space-themed shooter, no thanks to the fact that the link to your website is giving me issues right now... still, nice music overall!

Python Blue - composer for NeonXSZ
Official Website
Bandcamp
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic