Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 01:47:53 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)MY TOP 10 FREE GAME ASSETS WEBSITES
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: MY TOP 10 FREE GAME ASSETS WEBSITES  (Read 1526 times)
BTO_Dev
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2018, 04:40:09 PM »

Hi everyone (if this is not the right place to post this please let me know)

I have published a new video that I think could help a lot of people out here -

It will be great if you could check it out and maybe even subscribe?  Wink

Thanks!
matriax
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 12:09:54 AM »

In the #3 one you said "crateboy" that this is not a free game assets website, is a user.

The site with free game assets on that one is itch.io. That hosts also the assets of other dev/assets creators like Kenney that is in your video. Sorry, ienglish is not my native language so maybe i understood something wrong.
rasterzone
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 04:25:27 PM »

Nice! I'll have to check those out.

One site I recommend is Textures.com (previously CGTextures.com). I've used them before. They have small and mid-sized images for free, but you can buy the larger ones if you need the really hi res stuff.

-Alan
Fronne
Level 0

Don't Drop Your Phone Please!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 05:07:00 AM »

I prefer to spend a couple of bucks at sites like graphicriver.net, I think it's important to distinguish your game with graphics that are rare or unique. The Assets from Kenney are great for example but you just see them everywhere...

Toast Right Cheers! Toast Left

LyricalReverie
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 06:07:33 AM »

I prefer to spend a couple of bucks at sites like graphicriver.net, I think it's important to distinguish your game with graphics that are rare or unique. The Assets from Kenney are great for example but you just see them everywhere...

Toast Right Cheers! Toast Left
In that case, the ideal approach is to make your own assets, if you want uniqueness.  Gomez
Fronne
Level 0

Don't Drop Your Phone Please!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 06:41:58 AM »

In that case, the ideal approach is to make your own assets, if you want uniqueness.  Gomez

I totally agree with you, that's why all the big Game Studios have their own Artists and Designers. However, most people (including me) don't have the fuel to hire them. I did some of the graphics (mostly bricks and other rectangles) myself Tongue but most people (including me again) don't have the talent or time to create the art themselves...

The ideal approach is to make your own assets by hiring talented artists!

Hand Thumbs Up Left Thumbs Up Hand Thumbs Up Right

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic