Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 03:49:01 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsWarlockpet
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Warlockpet  (Read 1429 times)
Krucho
« on: January 23, 2018, 08:38:12 PM »

HELLO!! IMMA START THIS FINALLYZSQZDQDZ

Warlockpet is a topdown adventure with goofy and badass characters in a colorful medieval-fantasy world.

Im trying to make the game by mixing 3 big things I love:
-Spirited Away
-Hotline Miami
-Furi/Touhou

It should be *ahem..* fairly obvious which aspect im currently working on:

Tis guy is one of the two main characters. Without spoiling too much.. he starts as a human.
Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 09:16:41 PM »

So he's some kind of werewolf? Hotline Miami was the first thing I thought when I saw your gif. Best of wishes for your project!

Krucho
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 11:28:13 AM »

Thank you Garlic best of luck to you too!!
Buck is indeed supposed to look like some kind of badass werewolf IN THAT FORM BUT it is not at all a werewolf story.

Here's him as a hooman: (I think you can guess his starting "job" just by looking at him)
Krucho
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 06:37:26 PM »

Im gonna talk a bit about how I do my terrain:
Most of the hotline miami parts take place in magical realms floating in the sky.
I didn't want to do it with a tile grid because I always loved to be able to do terrain more freely.
At the same time you still can't really do that with a simple sprite, you can angle it sure, but if you scale it it is gonna look stretched, and if you stack tiles on top of eachother to quickly make terrain shapes it'll also be ugly since you'll still see their borders stacking onto eachother (tho that effect can look cool too generally it looks a bit messy)

There's a way to fix all that! I do my floors and walls tiles like that: 2 sprite layers, both 9 sliced sprites (top layer is just a mask for a looping texture, bottom layer is borders) which looks pretty cool in any shape and (VERY) quickly allows me to do any shape of terrain I want.

Here's how it looks with that technique and.. E-EWW.. *PUKES* without:

Also one cool thing where I was just like "oh shit I can do this too cool" after toying with these tiles is that you can not only rescale them UP nicely but DOWN too so you can do little cute "WATCH YOUR FCKIN STEP.." paths like that even tho the sprite is absolutely not that small in size. It is not perfect but it saves so much time and it is very fun to build.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 07:04:31 PM by Krucho » Logged
Krucho
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 07:27:28 AM »

Hello! I was wondering if anyone could share how to make good quality videos for twitter?
I tried a few times with a different recording softwares but Twitter keeps FCKING OBLITERATING the videos quality somehow..
Im sticking with gifs for now but gifs have to be shorter and I can't show my cool sounds Sad
I mean even with gifs twitter downgrades them sometimes im so triggered
I was recording only a portion of the screen tho maybe if I capture everything fullscreen it'll look less like poop.. or at least maybe it'll still look okay in small size after the BUTCHERING

I don't think twitter is downgrading it because of my internet connection it is really gucci
Well the sound is great though if you don't mind being in 144p huehUHUEUHEUHUEthat's not funny twitter Cry

Im sharing my experience with Twitter butchering for science (this is very old):

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic