Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 12:29:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSpring Falls - A peaceful puzzle game, coming November 17th
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Spring Falls - A peaceful puzzle game, coming November 17th  (Read 9225 times)
SparseGameDev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2019, 11:32:58 AM »

Update 16

It's been a while now since I've updated this devlog, so I thought I would let you all know how things are coming along with Spring Falls.

First off, you may have noticed that the name has changed from Spring & Flow. This was to avoid a potential trademark issue, and it wasn't an easy decision, but I'm really happy with the new name and I hope you like it too.

Development status

The finish line is in sight! Beta testing has been going well, and the level list is at a point where it feels cohesive and complete. I'm currently working on the ending, and there are still some things to do here and there, but everything is really coming together.

I've also been working on the soundtrack with my good friend Derek Harrison. Derek is a talented folk musician, and it's great to have him as a collaborator. In the clip below you can hear some of the lovely mandolin parts he recently recorded:

Spring Falls at PAX

If you're planning to be at PAX West in Seattle, come by booth #741 on September 1st or 2nd, where Victoria and I will be showing Spring Falls in the Indie MINIBOOTH!

We had an amazing time showing the game at PAX East in March alongside so many great indie games, and we're really excited to participate again. We'll be featuring some new levels and mechanics this time around, so come say hello and give the game a try!

That's it for this update. If I find the time I would love to do a more detailed write-up on some of the polish I've been adding to the game lately.... maybe after PAX.

Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2019, 01:22:33 AM »

I like the new name. But i don't get that A modification. Does it represent a mountain top?
My initial thought would have been to modify LL instead:

Subtle enough? Too cheesy? Shrug

« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 01:30:56 AM by Zorg » Logged
SparseGameDev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2019, 07:52:04 AM »

I like the new name. But i don't get that A modification. Does it represent a mountain top?
My initial thought would have been to modify LL instead:
Subtle enough? Too cheesy? Shrug

The A is supposed to represent water, with a wave cresting in the center. I think it's a lot easier to make out at higher resolution, but maybe it's a bit too subtle?

Your version is cool also, though it gives me a bit of a cartoony/wacky vibe... I was experimenting with some similar ideas, with water flowing over the L's, but yours is more readable than anything I tried there.

SparseGameDev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2019, 12:02:43 PM »

Update 17

Release date Announced

After 2 years of development, Spring Falls is finally releasing on the App Store and Steam this Sunday, November 17th!

Last week I put out a new trailer which you can watch below:

Development update

In this last stretch I've been making tweaks and fixes in response to feedback from beta testers, with minor level tweaks here and there. I've also been making a lot of changes to the interface on PC in response to feedback, improving the options menu, adding keyboard shortcuts, and making the UI more familiar to mouse users.

For example, when using mouse this hand from the tutorial now changes to a cursor:

And this handle/button turns upside down:

The PC version now has graphics/resolution options as you would expect:

I would love to talk about all the work I've done on the ending of the game, but I'll leave that out of the devlog so as not to spoil the experience. Post-release I'd like to do more of a deep dive into how I designed the flowers for the game, as well as the recording process for the sound and music.

That's it for this update! I am very excited to be finally get this game out into the world. Thanks to everyone who has been following along on this devlog Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic