Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411432 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 05:31:04 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesIvory Springs by Konjak
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Print
Author Topic: Ivory Springs by Konjak  (Read 21679 times)
linger
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2009, 07:00:03 AM »

Oh, since Konjak reads this thread...there's a typo on konjak.org that's been bugging me FOR EVER, where it says "(Feb. 5) - Legend of Pricness soundtrack." It should be "Princess," not "Pricness."  Tired

Game looks awesome, I'll  have to play it later today.
Radix
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2009, 07:29:07 AM »

That was pretty great.

I thought the portraits were fine.
Terrorbuns
Level 4

Bluh bluh.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2009, 07:51:22 AM »

I played it yesterday. The only problem I ran into was that the music stopped playing for some random reason, I don't remember when it stopped playing, but I think it was after/during the first boss  Shrug

Otherwise, I found it awesome, and the wrench parts were pretty cool, but kinda annoying to handle. Story was indeed awesome. As was the second boss. I think the first boss takes too long to kill though :/
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2009, 09:01:30 AM »

You need a turbo controller. Wink

But I too really liked it. The platforming had a very nice feel to it, and the idea of an alien (I assume) government ruling over a simple people using religious pressure is interesting. There's also a Dark Cloud (I thinkthat was the name) vibe to it. Do we get to build shit later on?

Also, at least the portraits beat Iji's. Tongue

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2009, 09:09:48 AM »

Haven't played it yet, but is this also made with MMF?

Johan Peitz
Level 1

88 mph

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2009, 09:21:02 AM »

Beautiful game. Second boss is awesome, I really like how you need to use almost every single interaction available in order to beat it. Only thing that bugged me was that I seemed to keep any upwards movement when I hit the ceiling, and had to wait for gravity to get the upper hand before I fell down again. Just a matter of taste I guess.

JoeHonkie
Level 8

RIP Major Sebastian Bludd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2009, 09:39:39 AM »

It was neat, but it stuttered on my PC and I was not a fan of the way the wrench mechanic worked (I like the idea, but it was too much of a pain in implementation).
Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2009, 10:33:08 AM »

This has a ton of potential with the wrench mechanic. If you took out some of the cave story similarities and added more wrench stuff I think you should definitely finish this.

Lo
konjak
Level 4

Bad to the bone.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2009, 11:44:18 AM »

Thanks people! We shall see!

And yeah, the wrench is pretty annoying to use. It should've just been pressing down a lot, not alternate (and at the speed the game asks it would probably suck with a joypad).

And yeah, since this is a couple years old it's MMF2.
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2009, 11:45:47 AM »

This was a lot of fun to play, and the backstory sounded pretty interesting. My only complaint is that I didn't have any way of quitting the game normally- anyone else have that problem? Otherwise, graphics were cute, obviously not as slick as your latest stuff, but it was paced pretty well and the puzzles were interesting enough to work on a single mechanic.
Plasticware
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2009, 11:46:11 AM »

I had no problem with the wrench - up-down-up-down is pretty simple.

Loved that second boss.

Granted, I loved the first one, too, just for strangeness of appearance.
PGGB
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2009, 11:52:40 AM »

And yeah, the wrench is pretty annoying to use. It should've just been pressing down a lot, not alternate (and at the speed the game asks it would probably suck with a joypad).
I found this to be pretty easy. Just turn your hand a little and you can easily get each gate open in a matter of one or two seconds.

The platforming felt a bit floaty but overall it was really good.
I_smell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2009, 12:03:23 PM »

I liked the wrench. Using up n down like that gave the big wrench a lot of character and purpose. It'd be annoying if it was just pressing one button alot, but because you're alternating it's kind of funny and cute. I liked that through the whole game. Or alpha, whatever.
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2009, 12:13:29 PM »

I also really liked the up-and-down motion- it was pretty easy for me, although I played on a keyboard.
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2009, 12:16:39 PM »

And yeah, since this is a couple years old it's MMF2.

Kiss you.

Also, on what are you working now? it's still MMf2? Do you finally need a coding buddy?  Cool

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2009, 03:12:16 PM »

Also, one of my bigger problems is that the wrench swing anim is p. much horrid by the rest of the game's standards and you have to hit enemies with the actual wrench rather than the motion blur of the wrench, it should be both. Also if you finish it you are the man.

Lo
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2009, 03:26:39 PM »

I did not read most of the comments as I just found the thread but after about like 3 minutes of playing, this game has an asston of bugs. Found numerous enemies glitching into walls, or spazzing out in mid-air. Could, seemingly randomly, sometimes shoot the goos that fell from the ceiling while standing as they slid towards me, other times had to duck. Leapt down into the room before the first boss, was playing around and down-attacked to slide and totally spazzed out and flew through a wall. Fell into the boss' room on the outside of the arena. Opening sequence. Couldn't get into the boss' room, but could jump back to the previous room. Unable to reenter playing area, fell off the bottom of the level. Question mark remained from boss intro sequence. Couldn't quit. Alt+F4'd.

Trying again.

edit: also, I have to mention how much I completely abhor a/s/d controls. It's just really uncomfortable to me. I prefer z/x/c, or even shift/ctrl/space sometimes.

MaloEspada
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2009, 04:25:34 PM »

Am i the only one who got the game bugged to the point of getting every upgrade?

Magnet gun is awesome. Also the sword, the scissors... DAMN. This game had MUCH potential. I like the story too...
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2009, 04:50:49 PM »

Am i the only one who got the game bugged to the point of getting every upgrade?

Magnet gun is awesome. Also the sword, the scissors... DAMN. This game had MUCH potential. I like the story too...

Mock Anger WHAAAAAAAT? I had no bugs (on my third playthrough now!) except for 3 Ice Zombies getting stuck in a wall. At least I didn't Xion, I guess.

Also, the portraits, whilst not up to your current standard, well... if I could pixel like that, I'd be one hell of a happy camper. Wrenching was... well, it bothered me at first I was used to it by the time I hit The Mecha. Even enjoyed wrenching the big bugger.

... Kiss
JoeHonkie
Level 8

RIP Major Sebastian Bludd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2009, 04:53:39 PM »

I also really liked the up-and-down motion- it was pretty easy for me, although I played on a keyboard.

I actually had no problem on the keyboard, but I had trouble keeping track of my ASD and which was what (I always do), so I busted out ye olde gamepad and then I couldn't do the wrench stuff very well suddenly.

I do see the preference for not having it always be the same button press, though.  It reminds me of Ratchet & Clank where you walk in a circle with your wrench as is.  Maybe if you got more "oomph" out of each up/down toggle or something.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic