Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 12:07:23 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesIvory Springs by Konjak
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Author Topic: Ivory Springs by Konjak  (Read 21567 times)
PsySal
Level 8

Yaay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2009, 06:13:42 AM »

I thought the story was great here, too. The two agents were really well characterized, it was awesome when you were sneaking past the guards. Totally enjoyed this, hope it's going to be finished!

PS: Kinda dumb to mention but I guess it's a bit of an analogy for modern day oil crises? Government has everybody locked into doing things one particular way, so that we keep dependant on oil that is running out?
konjak
Level 4

Bad to the bone.

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2009, 09:32:58 AM »

I don't make statements, but if you want it to be, sure!
PsySal
Level 8

Yaay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: June 05, 2009, 05:35:40 PM »

I do! =) Next I think you should make a game about people in the future mining old landfills for plastic, so it can be burned for fuel...
choiniere
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 05, 2009, 07:23:15 PM »

I think Konjak should do something very specific and something he probably doesn't want to do. Well, hello there!
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: June 05, 2009, 07:26:04 PM »

Isn't burning plastic bad for the environment? I dunno. Seems like one of those things that would be bad for the environment.

PsySal
Level 8

Yaay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2009, 12:43:17 AM »

In the future, we don't care about the environment anymore. We just need fossil fuel based energy, in any available form. In the future, it is still true that almost nobody believes the world can be run on anything other than fossil fuels, no matter how irrational it is.

TADA!
googoogjoob
Level 3

The Walrus is me.

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2009, 12:51:38 AM »

In the future, we don't care about the environment anymore. We just need fossil fuel based energy, in any available form. In the future, it is still true that almost nobody believes the world can be run on anything other than fossil fuels, no matter how irrational it is.

And then everyone dies, except for the enlightened few who have made underground settlements in the Rocky Mountains. But then they kill themselves in despair after realizing they have no one to say "told you so!" to.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 06, 2009, 01:39:40 PM »

And then everyone dies, except for the enlightened few who have made underground settlements in the Rocky Mountains. But then they kill themselves in despair after realizing they have no one to say "told you so!" to.

The irony is that shortly after this, everyone who died outside the Rockies returns as a zombie.

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
konjak
Level 4

Bad to the bone.

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 06, 2009, 10:07:52 PM »

And then one is studied but the scientists are eaten.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2009, 10:16:18 AM »

The amazing part is that they conducted their studies while dead.

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: June 08, 2009, 01:49:33 PM »

Now, what you got here is a possibility of making a game where you discover later in the game that YOU are a zombie, fighting against (and converting) healthy humans.

Cymon's Games, free source code, tutorials, and a new game every week!
Follow me on twitter
Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 08, 2009, 03:49:49 PM »

like that one episode of the batman?

Lo
Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: June 09, 2009, 08:35:26 AM »

like that one episode of the batman?
I wouldn't know. Never took the time for the batman, tho I loved the look, what I saw of the cartoon the writing betrayed the art's depth (if that makes any sense). I mean, when I see the penguin and joker chasing the batman up a bridge, exchanging barbs like they're in a race... I don't know. Something about that made me shake my head.

But now that I hear they're pulling stuff like this I may give it another chance.

But now we're off topic.

Follow me on twitter
Ixis
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: June 09, 2009, 11:44:49 AM »

I wouldn't know. Never took the time for the batman, tho I loved the look, what I saw of the cartoon the writing betrayed the art's depth (if that makes any sense). I mean, when I see the penguin and joker chasing the batman up a bridge, exchanging barbs like they're in a race... I don't know. Something about that made me shake my head.

But now that I hear they're pulling stuff like this I may give it another chance.

But now we're off topic.

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Arkham-Asylum-Grant-Morrison/dp/0930289560
http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Killing-Joke-Alan-Moore/dp/0930289455

There you go.
Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 09, 2009, 01:30:18 PM »

we're talking about the show "the batman", not the character. But its still not a very good show, like its trying to be dark within child-friendly limits. Its okay though. But yeah, time to get back on topic.

Lo
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: June 09, 2009, 03:28:51 PM »

Isn't that pretty much what the Bruce Timm Batman cartoon did? Admittedly, it did push the envelope a bit on what could be done on children's programming, but still.

Getting back on topic... I do wonder what kind of pirate that girl is supposed to be.
I_smell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 09, 2009, 04:00:07 PM »

we're talking about the show "the batman", not the character. But its still not a very good show, like its trying to be dark within child-friendly limits. Its okay though. But yeah, time to get back on topic.
Like Spider-Man 3? That was terrible. Beating up the Sandman was a good way of showing a dark twist, but the parts where he was being a jerk fell apart cos Toby Macquire has never looked mean in his life.

Anyway, back on topic: Interesting that the super wrench and the guy's sword weren't selectable from the cheat menu.
Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: June 10, 2009, 01:51:06 PM »

Here we are, back on topic.

http://bytejacker.fliggo.com/video/NA4itGZm

I'd like feedback.

Follow me on twitter
konjak
Level 4

Bad to the bone.

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 10, 2009, 04:49:03 PM »

I'm... so confused yet think it's awesome.

I had a hard time discerning a bunch of the commentary going on but I do think I heard these:

1:
- Because the bosses are baad.
- THAT'S a statement for life.

2:
- Use the sword!.
- But I don't have a sword, I have a wrench.
- But you need the sword!

It didn't make things much clearer!

Still, good job!  Concerned
Adamski
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 12, 2009, 06:07:24 PM »

Hmmm I wasn't too keen on this game at first, but I played it more recently and the wrench and nut gameplay is really nice  Tears of Joy
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic