Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 10:32:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsChromosome Evil - RTS & Horror
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29
Print
Author Topic: Chromosome Evil - RTS & Horror  (Read 115192 times)
Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2020, 12:49:42 AM »

This looks solid! Love the pixel art and animations. I feel like I haven't seen a cool top-down shooter in a long time - I especially like the squad-building elements. Good luck with the project!

Hand Thumbs Up Left Grin

Thank you Andy!
It is a real-time strategy game set in a horror universe

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 05, 2020, 06:51:35 AM »

That is indeed good news

No screenschots or gifs atlest?

Sure, I am a bit late but I hope the wait was worth it

Beer!

That took a long time but yes they are fantastic, got a release date yet?
Dinomaniak
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: May 05, 2020, 02:41:09 PM »

+1 for release date.

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: May 08, 2020, 04:53:21 AM »

Guys, I really do not know exactly, we are working hard and we try to create a unique experience, we hope that by end of this month we can make a more exact estimation but surely it will be released this year

Meantime... THEY ARE COMING!

Dinomaniak
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: May 08, 2020, 09:40:47 PM »

I understand, best of luck with that !
On an unrelated note, I feel like the lines in the brown text on top of the characters - makes the text unreadable, or at least very difficult to. Will the game be paused while the characters talk so we don't need to simultaneously focus on the action as well ?

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: May 09, 2020, 07:12:55 AM »

I understand, best of luck with that !
On an unrelated note, I feel like the lines in the brown text on top of the characters - makes the text unreadable, or at least very difficult to. Will the game be paused while the characters talk so we don't need to simultaneously focus on the action as well ?

Thank you!
About your note: yes, those text bubbles will be on top layer above the retro line layer similar to how speech bubbles are now
ABout pause: no, everything will be played in real-time but there is active command mode aka you can place game on pause and give orders then hit play, this will be available only if you have a certain command upgrade

-------------------

meantime we started work on farm environments.
Heavy inspiration from the movie Children of the corn

and the classic Xcom :

BEHOLD :D

« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 03:39:30 AM by Ramos » Logged

AdrianMI
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2020, 03:50:57 AM »

Oh wow. That does bring back some good memories.
Can those crops be lit on fire? It would be a good tactical choice no? The zombies would die from the fire.

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2020, 05:38:02 PM »

Oh wow. That does bring back some good memories.
Can those crops be lit on fire? It would be a good tactical choice no? The zombies would die from the fire.

Good suggestion but right now the cornfield only property is that it creates low visibility, they are on the top layer so all characters pass under them

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 13, 2020, 01:13:30 AM »

Oh man, I know that movie, now you added more reason to want the game...and...THE RELEASE DATE
Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2020, 09:41:55 AM »

Oh man, I know that movie, now you added more reason to want the game...and...THE RELEASE DATE

Thank you!
Also yes we got the point with the release date, we will post it as soon as we know until then we work ...  Lips Sealed

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: May 17, 2020, 02:20:01 PM »

I work now on a chemical plant from the industrial district and I want to do a humble re-cap of some of the features:
- each map got its own personality, for example on industrial maps there are high chances you find fuel and components
- we got a minimap, available only if you do a certain upgrade to the vehicle electronics, this is good for big maps but optional
- chemical terrain does chemical damage but some armours like for example the one that medic got and engineer in the screenshot offer immunity from chemical damage and fire damage
- each character got his own speech lines according to certain events, this is nice for increasing the game feel depth
- the pipe layer is on top of everything, they are not interactable just for visual effect, I think they also provide a nice depth for the environment

cosminMIRZA
Level 0

#soundisimportanttoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: May 19, 2020, 03:48:11 AM »

I know you've been working on this game for a long time, I'm glad to see you're still on it. When will you release it?  Ninja
Keep up the good work man!

Sound Designer / Music Composer
   ~ #soundisimportanttoo ~
Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 20, 2020, 08:33:02 PM »

I know you've been working on this game for a long time, I'm glad to see you're still on it. When will you release it?  Ninja
Keep up the good work man!

Smiley))))
See developer? We all want that release date, i know it is big pressure but on bright side you do seem to have a fun game here
Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: May 22, 2020, 03:01:26 PM »

@cosminMIRZA
Thank you!
Yes, it is been a long development, my personal record 3 years on one game going on forth year, I hope this year we can release it

@Beastboy
Yes, I can feel the pressure lol

UPDATE:
Right now I am making maps and programer is fixing bugs and after Ballance part I -> travel map adjustments -> some extra features(maybe, depends how much time) -> Closed Beta for people on this Discord -> Ballance part II + bug fixes from Beta -> final version adjustments -> DONE
Then comes marketing, PR, setting up a steam build, setting up an itch io and Gamejolt build and so on

This week was fast because I had a vacation from the day job so I worked full time on the game but next week I start day job again so it will be a bit slower.
5 maps left, this last 5 are the hardest, here are infested buildings with some sort of bosses heavy inspired from aliens

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: May 24, 2020, 06:32:15 AM »

UPDATE: We added an eye made of flesh which got a telepathic attack that stuns soldiers, does not do damage but combined with zombies or other monsters this can increase the difficulty by A lot, I am thinking of using this only on infested maps.
The mechanic is simple, it got a target that chases soldier and when on top of them it stuns them for a couple of seconds (inspiration from Ehterial alien from Xcom)

And heavy environment/plot updates
this map is heavily inspired from movie "ALIENS" were the colonial marines had the first encounter with the aliens

Hope you guys enjoy and if you have any suggestions from other classic movies environments/situations let me know and maybe I can add it

« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 08:58:12 AM by Ramos » Logged

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 25, 2020, 07:57:46 AM »

Woow now that is looking very good
I know the aliens movie
Dose your game also got the smartgun from aliens?
gools.vj
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 27, 2020, 04:12:53 PM »

Man, your in-game art is looking really good! The scenery, the UI...
But I think you should invest in at least one promotional image. The one you're using right now as a header on Steam doesn't promise something as polished as the actual game is!

gools.vj
.Videoartist
.Game dev

Ig: @gools.vj
Twitter: @gools_vj
Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: May 29, 2020, 02:29:44 PM »

But I think you should invest in at least one promotional image. The one you're using right now as a header on Steam doesn't promise something as polished as the actual game is!

Thank you so much for the kind words!
Do you have any suggestions on how I can improve the poster art?

I know the aliens movie

Thank you!
Right now we do have a minigun but no smart-gun, we stopped adding more game mechanics at this point but the smart-gun is noted for after release updates or Docs

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: May 31, 2020, 08:55:04 AM »

Quick update.

More SciFi/horror movie reference
I tried to create an environment based on the movie "The Mist" more exactly the pharmacy encounter.

So far I got the layout and the eggs just that in my version instead of spiders are worms.
Hope you guys enjoy

Also ... One more map left to make, after we start work on ballance tier I

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 09, 2020, 08:54:14 AM »

Thank you so much for the kind words!
Do you have any suggestions on how I can improve the poster art?

I know the aliens movie

Thank you!
Right now we do have a minigun but no smart-gun, we stopped adding more game mechanics at this point but the smart-gun is noted for after release updates or Docs

I think i saw the minigun in the screenshots

Btw what will be the price of the game now and will dlc price be?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic