Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 03:29:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsChromosome Evil - RTS & Horror
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29
Print
Author Topic: Chromosome Evil - RTS & Horror  (Read 115225 times)
Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: December 28, 2020, 12:24:34 PM »

I like the ideea of unlocking things as you progress further.
Waiting for release date he he he

Thank you!
Release date: 2021 TBA

Thats a start! You should also update steam coming soon release date for 2021 because now it stil say 2020

Thank you!
I tried to update the release date but they say I cannot only for the final fixed release date I must notify admins(because I missed the initial release date).

And ... THE FINAL MENU from the game is DONE !!! I am now sending it to the programmer for implementation.
Some NFO: research screen - here you can unlock new upgrade options for equipment and vehicle + unlock travel map actions.

Final Mockup

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: January 01, 2021, 02:01:34 PM »

Happy new year!

Outside area:

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: January 03, 2021, 07:17:57 AM »

Finally managed to do a gif, my laptop is very low tech, 2006 generation, not even dual-core lol but it is good for testing game performance, I will surely buy a new one after I finish this game.

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: January 03, 2021, 08:39:40 AM »

Nice, I love all the mayhem going on in the gif Smiley

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: January 03, 2021, 10:07:37 AM »

Nice, I love all the mayhem going on in the gif Smiley

Thank you!
It is all up for the player on how much mayhem is around him based on how he plays and what decisions he makes in random encounters, aggro affects the game difficulty.

Just noticed you are a UFO fan, terror from the deep and stuff so maybe you will understand better what I try to create here, basically a UFO enemy unknown but in real-time. If you take back a couple of pages you will see that I even made some inspired environments from it.
Here is a fast one, original:

and inspired map:

Hope you enjoy

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: January 03, 2021, 11:55:30 PM »

That's super cool, I love the idea of an real-time UFO and was not aware that the game is such a strong inspiration for you too. I'm really looking forward to playing it!

AdrianMI
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: January 05, 2021, 10:12:03 AM »

Love the clean UI.

Please don't hurry with the release until this is truly done.

I don't want this to suffer like that "Cyber" game Wink

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 08, 2021, 06:04:50 PM »

Oh yea, love the city zombie survival action. Btw is chromosome evil name inspired by resident evil by any chance?
Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: January 09, 2021, 07:15:29 PM »

@Alain
Thank you!

@AdrianMI
I will try not to hurry but you know, life, deadlines, etc. I must release it this year, worst case scenario I will either try to do some crowdfunding or an early access release, although I really don't want to do EA.
Still, thank you for the kind words!

@Beastboy
Thank you!
And I dunno how to answer that, it's not intended but I must say I do like the reference.

------------------

Meantime: my attempt to complement the main story with environment storytelling

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 11, 2021, 06:03:27 AM »

Good aproach, here s an ideea, why not make some maps inspired from resident evil
Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: January 14, 2021, 05:15:07 AM »

Good aproach, here s an ideea, why not make some maps inspired from resident evil

good idea, any suggestion where can I find some blueprints?

​Started work on some promo material.
IN this gif I also test some of the animations like shooting, swapping weapons on different armor skins, zombie death based on with what weapon they are killed etc(if they die by shotgun they explode into parts and if they die by rifle the dead body appears and so on). I also now have a better perspective on weapons personalities since each weapon displays another type of UI for ammunition + characters personalities with comic popups text triggered on certain events(gif is a bit small so they are not very visible)
Any suggestions for other promotional material gifs within this size and short length?

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: January 14, 2021, 10:50:32 PM »

I love that GIF and the animations! These zombies losing their legs and then continuing to crawl towards the characters are just great. Maybe you could make another one focussing on an individual character really highlighting your animations and the individual UI (the grey cicles and flying numbers, text etc.).

Although I'm a noob in this forum, I'd like to make a suggestion: Your signature here is quite huge and when I read your post and wanted to look at the gif, my eyes ended up on your signature because of its size, not on the gif. It also breaks the flow when reading threads quite a bit. In my eyes, a signature like that even takes away the focus from the pictures within your own devlog, because of the repetition of the same signature image. Please don't take this the wrong way, there is nothing wrong with promoting your game (which you know I am a fan of already) in your signature. And maybe it is just me who feels that way and there is no reason to change it then, if you see it differently.

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: January 15, 2021, 04:51:59 AM »

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA thank you Alain!
You ruined my Christmas Beg hope you are happy now

*signature art changed*

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: January 16, 2021, 04:31:28 AM »

Thanks for not taking it the wrong way. By the way, I think your new signature works great: it is on point and makes me ask myself what's the story behind this cosmic horror these tentacles belong to. See you on your Discord ;)

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: January 16, 2021, 09:34:39 AM »

Sure, no worries   Well, hello there!

*slowly crawlers back into a dark hole with a tear in his eye*

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 17, 2021, 04:50:13 AM »

I love that GIF and the animations! These zombies losing their legs and then continuing to crawl towards the characters are just great. Maybe you could make another one focussing on an individual character really highlighting your animations and the individual UI (the grey cicles and flying numbers, text etc.).

Although I'm a noob in this forum, I'd like to make a suggestion: Your signature here is quite huge and when I read your post and wanted to look at the gif, my eyes ended up on your signature because of its size, not on the gif. It also breaks the flow when reading threads quite a bit. In my eyes, a signature like that even takes away the focus from the pictures within your own devlog, because of the repetition of the same signature image. Please don't take this the wrong way, there is nothing wrong with promoting your game (which you know I am a fan of already) in your signature. And maybe it is just me who feels that way and there is no reason to change it then, if you see it differently.

I was about to say the same, I mean the old signature was ok but while scroling via posts was very anoyng. The new sig art and size is better.

And just saw the Tendril fan art, gj.
2021 is going to be aliens : the indie version
Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: January 19, 2021, 12:31:24 PM »

Thank you Beastboy!

We now took a break from main tasks to try to add a zoom-in function, dunno, if we manage to develop it all the way, but surely a zoom-in function of the battlefield would be a good addition for big screens resolutions

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: January 20, 2021, 12:34:48 AM »

We now took a break from main tasks to try to add a zoom-in function, dunno, if we manage to develop it all the way, but surely a zoom-in function of the battlefield would be a good addition for big screens resolutions

When you say zoom-in function, do you plan it to be player controlled or an automatic "vanity cam" like in the newer X-Coms?

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: January 20, 2021, 08:16:42 AM »

When you say zoom-in function, do you plan it to be player controlled or an automatic "vanity cam" like in the newer X-Coms?

Nothing fancy, literally exactly as it sounds, a zoom-in function that will enlarge only battlefield art x2 otherwise on the big screen resolution you got a lot of black/un-used space on some screen edges for some maps. Will be an on/off option for it if we manage to make it. We did something similar for TAURONOS

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: January 20, 2021, 11:27:30 PM »

Nothing fancy, literally exactly as it sounds, a zoom-in function that will enlarge only battlefield art x2 otherwise on the big screen resolution you got a lot of black/un-used space on some screen edges for some maps. Will be an on/off option for it if we manage to make it. We did something similar for TAURONOS

I see, that makes sense!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic