Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 04:47:29 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsChromosome Evil - RTS & Horror
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29
Print
Author Topic: Chromosome Evil - RTS & Horror  (Read 113785 times)
NajibSG
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2018, 10:35:02 AM »

I saw that your game in "deviant art" was great, this is 200% amazing and addictive  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Ramos
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2019, 12:42:53 PM »

Happy new year !!!

@Dinomaniak
Thank you!
Minimap we already have but will only be available if player upgrades vehicle equipment or got radar item for the engineer

@sbeast
Thank you!

@
NajibSG
Thank you so much! I am glad you like it

Meantime not much to say, very little time for communication, day job and so on, we prefer concentrating on making the actual game but I will try to be more active online.

And ofc I did not come here without cookies

Having some fun with zombies, testing basic stuff like changing weapons, building barricades, looting, weapon mechanics and so on

Note :
I am sorry for the poor gif quality and I am sorry that I can only make them like 20% off the screen (the game is actually fullscreen)

Also if any of you guys want to chat live, we are a bit more active on our Discord room: https://discord.gg/J2E2YWK (bring some cookies if you come)

Thank you! Cool

AdrianMI
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2019, 07:40:10 AM »

Happy new year!!!

Love how this game is progressing
Fan of the old (but gold) "XCom Apocalypse" so, can't wait to play it.

Gali
Level 0

Software and Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2019, 07:42:27 AM »

Looking forward to playing this!
Ramos
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2019, 12:26:28 PM »

@AdrianMI
Thank you! Long live XCOM!

@Gali
Thank you!

I have a bit of free time so I want to explain a bit the basic gameplay interactions.

This is a room from the building, each room have certain interaction objects and possible strategies to adopt

Now, I want each one to be able to develop his own playstyle, either going slow and solid, either fast hit & run, either smart and balanced so most of what is in-game is optional to a certain extent.

And here is an action preview of what can the room from above offer:

Also if you guys have any suggestions or opinions let me know, they always motivate me

Dinomaniak
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2019, 11:39:25 AM »

Specific character abilities are always nice ! will some of these abilities be all-round ? for example, will the engineer be able to build a turret anywhere, and if so, what's the advantage of placing it near a window ? is it unidirectional ?

VGHDR
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2019, 11:41:57 AM »

Hey I really like the look of your game so far. Do you have music for it yet?
Ramos
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2019, 04:25:18 PM »

@Dinomaniak
TURRETS: can only be built by engineer class yes and will also require for that engineer to have turret build kit, turrets can also be placed in predefined spots especially for them and each map will have such key spots more or less.
These spots will only be visible by the class which can use them, so each class will have own pro-cons and will be as unique as possible.

@VGHDR
Thank you!
We don't have any music yet but there is time

Now a bit of sneak preview for inventory, each character got his own equipment which can be upgraded and each level of upgrade will offer 2 possible choices for an upgrade

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2019, 01:41:38 PM »

I got a bad opinion about top down games in general, I find them lazy but this one seems realy good made, will follow
Ramos
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2019, 01:03:08 PM »

@beastboy
Thank you!

Started work on encounter menus.
Available options for these random events will be generated according to what kind of people you have in your squad

Also, I want to start work on a short teaser/trailer for steam coming soon page, if you guys have any suggestions for the script I am listening

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2019, 03:50:51 AM »

Nice, so tbs part is 3d or isometric?
Ramos
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2019, 01:49:28 AM »

Thank you!
On TBS management part the view is isometric

Ramos
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2019, 12:31:15 PM »

Testing out how many egg spammers and worms can have on screen in 1 corridor, we also enlarged map maximum size to 40x40 tiles
Also, I think next weekend we going to pause development a bit to work on a trailer, I think its time to have a coming soon page on Steam
As things are now I think we are going to go for self publish if we cannot find a big publisher

Ramos
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2019, 12:59:11 PM »

I am trying to make 5 screenshots for coming soon page on Steam but I got this problem if I make a screenshot in window mode all is ok, but If I make a screenshot in fullscreen mode the screenshot turns out black, anyone knows what this happens?

Dinomaniak
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2019, 05:12:59 AM »

you can use any screenshot program like : "snipping tool" ( in windows ) or "fraps" ( multiplatform ).

What type of publisher are you looking for ? You could try TinyBuild, their niche is mainly made of pixel art games.

Ramos
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2019, 03:04:13 AM »

Thank you, I will try
I found out why I cannot make screenshots in fullscreen, engine limits

TinyBuild, yes that is a good publisher, I will send email

Ramos
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2019, 12:03:24 PM »

I am making preparations for Steam cooming soon page, was wondering if you guys have any sugestions for the description text and the main header image

Story
This is not your classical zombie outbreak, no, this story is much darker inspired by Lovecraft works, an ancient evil has returned from below the earth bringing with him creatures of nightmare, abominations of unspeakable terror and if that was not enough, the dead humans are brought back to life as animated flesh to fight alongside this evil.

Main Quest
You are part of what remains of army forces, your brother, the one who took care of you when your parents died was also part of the army and went missing during a mission a few miles from where you are stationed with the objective to gather information about these underground holes from were these creatures are coming from. You decide that if the world is going to end at least to do one last journey of redemption to see your brother one more time.

TBS management
During this stage, you choose which location you want to send your squad to search for supplies and information, you choose how you want to equip your survivors and what skills you want them to get stronger at, you choose your route and you decide the best course of action for the random events that will present before you.

RTS action
Multiple possibilities according to the way you build your team, soldiers are good killers, engineers can establish defense perimeter by building turrets, barricades or using special key points from the environment to build traps and medics can keep your team alive on a long run

Ramos
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2019, 09:29:10 AM »

So many capsules required but work is almost done, good news: all main features and mechanics are done, the bad news is BUGZZZZZZZzzzzz so now we go on a bug hunt and we test so that everything works as intended, after this, we can start building maps and main campaign and polish and balance and ... still, a lot of work ahead but the hard part is almost finished.

Time is a killer, our team is very small, just 2 people working active on game + 1 sound designer on standby, so I must put many hats.

Here is one small capsule that was fun for me to make

I hope to be able to release the game before summer sales but since this game is so complex it may take more time

Here are some rough estimations:
- 1 month bug hunt and tests that all features work as intended
- 1 month to do extra polish
- 1-2 maximum of 3 months for building campaign maps and random events scripts
- 1 month for achievements, making a game trailer
and parallel with this marketing and all others

My hopes are to reduce these times on half but to be realistic it is possible that they will take double this amount so I am also planning for a worst case scenario to release game close to Halloween but then again maybe il be lucky and il get a good publisher that will take care of all what does not include game develop, good part is I don't think I need money to finish the game, I already used my own time and money for this development .

Until next time

Ramos
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2019, 05:12:19 AM »

We added a layer of retro lines to increase the vibe of the game, still not sure if it should be on top of the interface as well or under it

Sample:

Ramos
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2019, 10:00:00 AM »

Added main menus, it somehow gives me a feeling of satisfaction after adding this

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic