Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 02:16:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsChromosome Evil - RTS & Horror
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29
Print
Author Topic: Chromosome Evil - RTS & Horror  (Read 113770 times)
Ramos
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #340 on: June 10, 2021, 01:38:07 PM »

Thank you all for the feedback.

So far we decided to split the game into 3 parts

part 1(all this will also be in the demo version)
- tutorial/learning curve
- 20% random generated content
- fixed path
- plot/story/lore introduction
- 8 unique scenarios
- 5 days of travel map

part 2 (this will be the core of the game)
- more flexibility, allow the player to explore
- 60% random generated content
- multiple paths
- 15 unique scenarios
- 30 travel map days

part 3
- multiple game endings
- 40% random generated content
- 6 unique scenarios
- 15 travel map days

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #341 on: June 10, 2021, 11:04:39 PM »

Thanks for the update! It makes a lot of sense to split the game itself up. Will part 2 be early access or will part 1 be the demo and go directly into part 2 and 3 for the release to master?

Ramos
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #342 on: June 12, 2021, 12:29:57 AM »

Thanks for the update! It makes a lot of sense to split the game itself up. Will part 2 be early access or will part 1 be the demo and go directly into part 2 and 3 for the release to master?

Hey Alain,

part 2 and 3 are for the final game version, I am seriously thinking to skip early access.

Here is the detailed schematic :

logophil
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #343 on: June 12, 2021, 08:00:43 AM »

Cool to see this laid out like this, really make me want to play the game! My game will have a somewhat similar structure in terms of being a mix of procedural and scripted missions, with multiple endings, so it's really interesting to see an example of how I might plan it out in detail. Do you have a rough timeline associated with these stages, or do you prefer to keep it flexible?

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #344 on: June 13, 2021, 10:29:49 PM »

The schematic really helps to understand your game and plans for it. Can you tell us more about the evolution boss(es)?

Ramos
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #345 on: June 15, 2021, 11:02:50 AM »

Cool to see this laid out like this, really make me want to play the game! My game will have a somewhat similar structure in terms of being a mix of procedural and scripted missions, with multiple endings, so it's really interesting to see an example of how I might plan it out in detail. Do you have a rough timeline associated with these stages, or do you prefer to keep it flexible?

Nice to hear that, I am sure you will do a great job
Regarding your question, are you referring to the development time for these tasks? If so, we only planned and hope to finish part 1 by 1 st August

The schematic really helps to understand your game and plans for it. Can you tell us more about the evolution boss(es)?

Sure, mainly the Evo bosses are stages that can be won by the player multiple ways with the main penalty for an easy win (if the player does not kill the Brain creature) to increase the evolution meeter.
The game got 3 difficulties:
Aggro: based on player choices on event ​/ it affects the span time of monsters and the categories of monsters that get spaned
Morale: based on player choices on event ​/ it affects the penalty-bonus outcome amount from random encounters
Evolution: based on this evolution boss mission mentioned above / it affects the monsters health
Mainly the game difficulty adjusts according to how the player plays the game

Hope this info helps

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #346 on: June 15, 2021, 11:29:26 PM »

Sure, mainly the Evo bosses are stages that can be won by the player multiple ways with the main penalty for an easy win (if the player does not kill the Brain creature) to increase the evolution meeter.

I see, that clears things up. I also like the aggro/morale/evolution mechanic you outlined! The difficulty adjustment sounds complex, but I guess balancing is always a bit scary Wink

Ramos
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #347 on: June 23, 2021, 05:15:06 AM »

I see, that clears things up. I also like the aggro/morale/evolution mechanic you outlined! The difficulty adjustment sounds complex, but I guess balancing is always a bit scary Wink

Flexible Difficulty is one of the game's core pillars but yes, it will require a lot of testing in order to adjust it perfectly.

meantime...

​Minor update.
Convoy:

To add a bit more plot logic and mix it better with the tutorial I decided to unlock:
- Trojan APC by default (skilldex and inventory)
- Car upgrade screen unlocks after the player finds, repairs, and adds to his convoy the mobile repair truck.
- Research & Development screen unlocks after the player finds, repairs, and adds to his convoy the mobile Lab vehicle.

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #348 on: June 23, 2021, 11:09:41 PM »

Cool, I like the segmented look. I think the middle one is my favorite because it reminds me of an Unimog somehow.

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 25, 2021, 10:53:08 AM »

I did not read all the design notes but you seem to know what you are doing and I like the art style for the vehicles, simple but with deepth.

Ramos
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #350 on: June 27, 2021, 07:40:07 AM »

Cool, I like the segmented look. I think the middle one is my favorite because it reminds me of an Unimog somehow.

Niceeeee, I actually use some of those pics as referrals

I did not read all the design notes but you seem to know what you are doing and I like the art style for the vehicles, simple but with deepth.

Thank you and unfortunately, I have no idea what I am doing  Durr...?

------------------------

UPDATE

All assets for scenario 06 are done.

I aimed for simple gameplay here, also by this point the player will be familiar with all basic mechanics.

Mainly you must fix the vehicle(doing so you will unlock the workshop menu) by looting components from the map(or if you already have components from the previous exploration even better)and during this time you must also protect the perimeter against the undead. After the vehicle is fixed and you have the key, the exit grid will appear

And a small twist at the end, the player will have a choice. increase Action points permanent + 1 during travel map but get permanent x2 prices in the workshop or do not get the bonus AP and have normal prices in the workshop.

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #351 on: June 28, 2021, 12:39:37 AM »

Mainly you must fix the vehicle(doing so you will unlock the workshop menu) by looting components from the map(or if you already have components from the previous exploration even better)and during this time you must also protect the perimeter against the undead. After the vehicle is fixed and you have the key, the exit grid will appear

When I hear you describing the mission like this, I get a good feeling of the world and the story and player's experience. This makes me think of when I was at a board game night with Zombicide. Have you ever played it by any chance? I am sure you would love it.

Ramos
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #352 on: June 30, 2021, 07:06:04 AM »

When I hear you describing the mission like this, I get a good feeling of the world and the story and player's experience. This makes me think of when I was at a board game night with Zombicide. Have you ever played it by any chance? I am sure you would love it.

I did not have the possibility to get board games when I was little but I created my own tabletop games.
I am familiar with Zombicide and also a tiny zombies board game for a few years or so, and yes, I like them and I enjoyed seeing other people playing them on youtube.

Ramos
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #353 on: July 08, 2021, 11:00:00 AM »

Minor news

We finished all art, design, and maps(in editor) content for part 1 of the game plan, out of a total of 3.

This part 1 represents the introduction to lore, mechanics, and feels of the game and we also consider this to be the demo/vertical slice.

So until 20 July, the programmer works hard on implementing them in the game, so far he managed to implement around 70%. After that, we will have 10 days to do testing and final fixes because in August the programmer will take a vacation for 1 month while I will deal with marketing for the demo(mostly a private Youtuber strategy)

I hope we will have the version done by end of the month otherwise we will have one dead month of development in August

Have a great day

deadlines,deadlines....deadlines

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #354 on: July 08, 2021, 10:34:45 PM »

We finished all art, design, and maps(in editor) content for part 1 of the game plan, out of a total of 3.

That is great, congratulations!

This all sounds like a lot of work, but I am sure you will handle it. I'm looking forward to hopefully playing Chromosome Evil at the end of July Smiley

Ramos
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #355 on: July 14, 2021, 01:40:12 AM »

That is great, congratulations!

This all sounds like a lot of work, but I am sure you will handle it. I'm looking forward to hopefully playing Chromosome Evil at the end of July Smiley

Thank you for all your support Alain!

Just a few more content to add until the 1/3 milestone

Ramos
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #356 on: July 20, 2021, 02:13:23 AM »

While my partner works hard to implement my art, design, and maps, I managed to make a coming soon page on Itch.io.

https://16bitnights.itch.io/chromosome-evil

This also comes with a question, what do you guys think of an itch.io exclusive title 1 month before it gets released on Steam?

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #357 on: July 21, 2021, 11:07:30 PM »

I can't really help you with the itch.io question. I could just theory-craft that there is the danger of splitting your audience and making a smaller splash on Steam as a result. But maybe the itch.io community is quite isolated from the Steam community, so this might not be an issue.

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 24, 2021, 06:34:10 AM »

The page looks v good, the layout defnetly stands out in compare with most of itch pages, unfortunatley i am more of a steam user so for me steam will be the main purchase store, but i am pozitive you will have good results on steam, the game just looks to good
Bedehess
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 26, 2021, 11:33:07 PM »

This also comes with a question, what do you guys think of an itch.io exclusive title 1 month before it gets released on Steam?

Do you mean some sort of preview of the game, or the game itself?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic