Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 05:17:47 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsChromosome Evil - RTS & Horror
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29
Print
Author Topic: Chromosome Evil - RTS & Horror  (Read 113787 times)
Ramos
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #360 on: July 29, 2021, 01:07:37 AM »

I can't really help you with the itch.io question. I could just theory-craft that there is the danger of splitting your audience and making a smaller splash on Steam as a result. But maybe the itch.io community is quite isolated from the Steam community, so this might not be an issue.

I understand exactly what you mean and I agree.

The page looks v good, the layout defnetly stands out in compare with most of itch pages, unfortunatley i am more of a steam user so for me steam will be the main purchase store, but i am pozitive you will have good results on steam, the game just looks to good

Thank you, I hope we will not disapoint.

This also comes with a question, what do you guys think of an itch.io exclusive title 1 month before it gets released on Steam?

Do you mean some sort of preview of the game, or the game itself?

For the above context, I meant the game itself, for demo I will use Itchio as part of the secondary marketing strategy no matter what.

I have taken my decision based on these 2 main pro-cons:
- Pro release on Itch 30 days exclusive before steam: your hardcore fans will buy the game and you won't pay the 30% fee
- Cons release on Itch 30 days exclusive before steam: your hardcore fans already bought the game on itch that means lesser sales on Steam on release which results in lower chances of getting any spotlight on steam and lesser reviews taken into consideration than the steam player base is by far larger than Itch.io

Based on this I will drop my exclusivity on the ITch.io strategy.
Still, I will release the game on Itch.io as well and I will use the Demo marketing strategy for Itch.

Thank you for all your feedback !

sambloom
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 29, 2021, 07:49:47 AM »

Reminds me of custom zombie survival Warcraft 3 maps back in the day Kiss
It's looking good!
Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 01, 2021, 01:02:44 AM »

Been some time, is this game still in active development? I hope its not abandoned
Ramos
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #363 on: September 12, 2021, 04:55:52 AM »

Reminds me of custom zombie survival Warcraft 3 maps back in the day Kiss
It's looking good!

I did not play Warcraft but I will do some research into it. Thank you!

Been some time, is this game still in active development? I hope its not abandoned

No, it is not abandoned, we had a vacation and some offline work, do not worry

Ramos
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #364 on: September 14, 2021, 07:28:22 AM »

I think the best way to display our progress is to show our dev map from a few weeks ago along with the current status.

----------------------------------------------------------------

And the current state of development:

As you can see part 1 out of 3 is done.

Mainly part 1 was the hardest because it included:
- all core game mechanics
- 95% of artwork & animation
- tutorial/ learning curve
- introduction to the game lore
- sensitive content

Part 2 will represent the core content of the game and part 3 will be game endings, which will include some simple cutscenes and story.
Although they are not as hard to make as part 1, they will take time as well. For example, during a week time I was able to make around 3-4 maps for random content exploration but for the remaining 15 scenarios it is more complicated, a scenario can take up to an entire week maybe 2.
Our aim is to release the game on 15 February, and the worst-case scenario on 15 March, and if we miss those release dates we will need to wait one more year

Gentleman

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #365 on: September 14, 2021, 10:12:30 PM »

Great progress and it is exciting to hear you have a release date planned!

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 17, 2021, 01:08:48 PM »

Thats good, i can clearly see the progress, you are almost done
Ramos
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #367 on: September 21, 2021, 03:01:05 PM »

Thank you for the encouragement guys!

My Word!

Ramos
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #368 on: September 25, 2021, 02:22:51 AM »

UPDATE

GAME STATUS

The demo is finished, we only got around one week of small adjustments left for it, and after we are going to send it to some YouTubers with exclusivity. And overall part 1 out of 3 is done(you can see the full scope of the game with the 3 parts in my previous post). According to the Demo results we decided upon 2 actions: 1. if the demo gets positive received by the YouTubers we are going to invest even more into the project and maybe we are going to do a Kickstarter for voice acting and custom music 2. if the Demo gets a negative reception or no reception at all, we will make some more adjustments and consider making the Demo public and going on the standard path.

TEAM STATUS

We are both tired af. I feel like I am down on my last battery, My personal life is hard and all my hopes are in this project, 4 years I invested into this, whenever I had a hard time the thought of making this game would motivate me to go on and kept me on the floating line. Now I am approaching the end of this journey and I struggle to milk the last strength from my veins. I am both excited and scared about the upcoming results, And with this said I also want to thank you all for the support, all your feedback was good additional fuel for my motivation.

WHAT IS LEFT

In addition to the previous list, we also made a tasks list based on time requirements.

15 story scenarios - 500 hours of work

4 endings - 40 hours of work

Achievements - 10 hours of work

Heavy marketing - 1 month before release

That is around 3 months of full-time work, impossible for us since we both have a day job, I can only allocate between 10-20 hours per week and our main deadline is 15 February, and worst-case scenario 15 March.

This being said I hope you had a good read from this small sneak peek behind the curtain.

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #369 on: September 26, 2021, 04:40:49 AM »

TEAM STATUS

We are both tired af. I feel like I am down on my last battery, My personal life is hard and all my hopes are in this project, 4 years I invested into this, whenever I had a hard time the thought of making this game would motivate me to go on and kept me on the floating line. Now I am approaching the end of this journey and I struggle to milk the last strength from my veins. I am both excited and scared about the upcoming results, And with this said I also want to thank you all for the support, all your feedback was good additional fuel for my motivation.

It is amazing that you share the hardship so honestly with us. I know you and your programmer have been working like crazy. It is so understandable that after 4 years it is tough to squeeze out the workhours. It is obvious that you love gamedev and Chromosome Evil, but nothing is always fun. But I know that you will get it done, this is the finishing line!

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 05, 2021, 10:16:35 AM »

Thats a lot of work.
How many houres of gameplay will there be?
bryku
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #371 on: October 07, 2021, 11:58:36 AM »

Oh, I'd love to play the demo of it.

Busy working on xcom-like, steampunk/vermintide pixel art strategy game called "Shardpunk".

Devlog | Twitter | Webpage
Ramos
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #372 on: October 15, 2021, 01:59:36 AM »

It is amazing that you share the hardship so honestly with us. I know you and your programmer have been working like crazy. It is so understandable that after 4 years it is tough to squeeze out the workhours. It is obvious that you love gamedev and Chromosome Evil, but nothing is always fun. But I know that you will get it done, this is the finishing line!

Thank you for the encouragement, Alain!

Thats a lot of work.
How many houres of gameplay will there be?

Depends a lot on how you play the game, we aim for minimum of 3 hours and max-content up to 15 hours.
The key is high replayability with multiple paths and endings.

Oh, I'd love to play the demo of it.

Sure Bryku, I gave you lvl 4 acces on our Discord, you can now download the game from the demo room

bryku
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #373 on: October 15, 2021, 04:56:27 AM »

Sure Bryku, I gave you lvl 4 acces on our Discord, you can now download the game from the demo room

Thank you, Dear Sir! Gonna flood you with feedback!

Busy working on xcom-like, steampunk/vermintide pixel art strategy game called "Shardpunk".

Devlog | Twitter | Webpage
Ramos
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #374 on: October 15, 2021, 10:17:03 AM »

Thank you, Dear Sir! Gonna flood you with feedback!

My pleasure, I hope you will have a bit of fun playing it  My Word!

UPDATE TIME:

Development map status. Done: means the scenario and content is already implemented. WIP: art + design + text + editor map done just requires implementation on scenario path.  Part 1 represents the demo, learning curve, and lore introduction. Part 2 is the core gameplay and part 3 is the endings and final scenarios for the 3 paths.

I want each scenario to have its own atmospheric mood and mechanics and for one of them, I was thinking to make this small experiment for one of the final scenarios and mix top-down with side view to be more dramatic. I hope you enjoy it

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: October 18, 2021, 01:12:24 AM »

Amazing work Beer!

Is there any other way to test the demo if we are not part of your discord room ?
Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #376 on: October 18, 2021, 07:51:19 AM »

That is an interesting idea to have a mix of top-down / side view for special missions. I think it works visually and I'm looking forward to see if you stick with it!

Ramos
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #377 on: October 24, 2021, 03:05:08 AM »

Amazing work Beer!

Is there any other way to test the demo if we are not part of your discord room ?

Thank you!
Unfortunately no, for now, I try to keep the Beta/Demo testing very private and I only allow access to a small hand of people, even on my Discord I think only 30% of the people there have access to the Beta room.

That is an interesting idea to have a mix of top-down / side view for special missions. I think it works visually and I'm looking forward to see if you stick with it!

Thank you for the encouragement, next month the programmer will start implementing the final scenarios. Right now he is still busy with some bugs and polish on the beta/demo version.

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 26, 2021, 05:04:38 PM »

I understand, I am still looking forward to see the final results
logophil
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #379 on: October 28, 2021, 12:14:02 PM »

Great to see your progress!

Yes, mixing top-down with side view is interesting, I find it a bit confusing to look at, but it certainly makes an impact.

I see that the parts in your roadmap that have changed from WIP to DONE are mainly the sections with randomised missions (if I've understood that correctly) I'm curious if there is a reason for that, have you ever envisaged the game as being playable with only randomised missions? Could that be a different game mode when you finish the main storyline?

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic