Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411414 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 12:52:03 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsChromosome Evil - RTS & Horror
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29
Print
Author Topic: Chromosome Evil - RTS & Horror  (Read 114893 times)
Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 14, 2021, 10:44:23 AM »

I belive it is common sayng that development time is always x3 times as much as you calculate
vdapps
Level 5

Head against wall since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #401 on: November 14, 2021, 12:44:13 PM »

^^^ this :D

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #402 on: November 15, 2021, 05:25:42 AM »

Yes, I agree

last 20%  Durr...?

bartorexplay
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #403 on: November 17, 2021, 12:44:48 AM »

This game remind me of door kickers :D very similar view, great work!! :D

Noble's Life: Kingdom Reborn
Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #404 on: November 17, 2021, 09:37:43 AM »

This game remind me of door kickers :D very similar view, great work!! :D

Thank you & welcome on Tigsource!

Very different gameplay but the top-down view is indeed the same as Door Kickers and Hotline Miami.

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: November 18, 2021, 11:49:23 AM »

Yes, I agree

last 20%  Durr...?

Any estimation on those last 20%
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #406 on: November 20, 2021, 09:44:10 AM »

Any estimation on those last 20%
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I am afraid to make any estimations at this point  Mock Anger

------------

UPDATE

Working on the game endings.

I must warn you by now that I used minimal style for all artwork in cutscenes, to have more time to work on other features + I like it this way (windows paint ftw)

The game got 3 paths, basically, 3 entire different scenarios based on player choices(+ a lot of random content), so each path will have its own ending but also secondary ending screens based on some actions player took trough out his journey.

And this is the example of the vaccine part(fail state and win state) of the ending(I hope I do not spoil to much just in case some of you actually want to play it when it is done)

During this time, my partner Sergey is busy fixing a memory leak in the code

That's it for today

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 22, 2021, 07:44:32 AM »

Seems like you got all planned out.

The only thing that I think it can use some improvement is the font you used but other than that it is nice to see player actions got an impact on the ending.
Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #408 on: November 22, 2021, 08:43:08 AM »

It's cool you are leaving room for a possible DLC. This could work out really nice with the way your game and narration is structured.

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #409 on: November 23, 2021, 03:12:51 PM »

Seems like you got all planned out.

The only thing that I think it can use some improvement is the font you used but other than that it is nice to see player actions got an impact on the ending.

Thank you, I sure Hope so
Regarding the font, that was a hard decision to make, long story short, if we have time we will polish but it is not critical point on our to-do list

It's cool you are leaving room for a possible DLC. This could work out really nice with the way your game and narration is structured.

Thank you, yes I do hope the game will get positive received so that we can expand its content even more but you never know what is going to happen for sure in this market, so I can only hope for the best and be prepared for the worst.

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #410 on: November 30, 2021, 08:17:16 AM »

One of the happiest days of my life, Splattercat just made a video of Chromosome evil.

For me, it is not necessarily the fact that he is a good YouTuber but it's more emotional, I was a big fan of his channel even before I went into game dev and I never would have believed that one day he would play one of my games.

mishe-
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 01, 2021, 03:16:18 AM »

Congratulations on the SplatterCat video hahaha. Hopefully it will also translate into sales which is often hard to, but any popularity is good popularity.

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 02, 2021, 07:50:29 PM »

Congratulations!
I had lots of fun watching your game in action, it is exactly as you prezented it in your blog.
Still no public demo?
Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #413 on: December 03, 2021, 03:35:26 AM »

One of the happiest days of my life, Splattercat just made a video of Chromosome evil.

For me, it is not necessarily the fact that he is a good YouTuber but it's more emotional, I was a big fan of his channel even before I went into game dev and I never would have believed that one day he would play one of my games.

That is amazing news, Chromosome Evil earns that attention!

vdapps
Level 5

Head against wall since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #414 on: December 03, 2021, 01:08:53 PM »

Big congrats on YT video! 64k views and 2.7k likes (at time of writing) are promising numbers! Gentleman

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #415 on: December 04, 2021, 12:50:50 AM »

Congratulations on the SplatterCat video hahaha. Hopefully it will also translate into sales which is often hard to, but any popularity is good popularity.

Thank you!
It is still a loooooong time until we start making any sale

Congratulations!
I had lots of fun watching your game in action, it is exactly as you prezented it in your blog.
Still no public demo?

Thank you!
No public demo yet, we are still experimenting with the exclusivity approach on Marketing

That is amazing news, Chromosome Evil earns that attention!

Thank you, we both have awesome achievements this month it seems.
I was also most surprised to see in the comment that some people remembered my old games since 2011-2016.
And I am also waiting your dev blog entry about part-time/full-time dev compare  Gentleman

Big congrats on YT video! 64k views and 2.7k likes (at time of writing) are promising numbers! Gentleman

Thank you vdapps!
 The views and likes are nice but most critical at this point is their conversion into wishlist/followers

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 05, 2021, 08:40:23 AM »

Will you do a post about marketing exclusivity and how that worked out for you? Would be an interesting read
Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #417 on: December 06, 2021, 01:49:24 AM »

Will you do a post about marketing exclusivity and how that worked out for you? Would be an interesting read

Well, currently I do share my data with a small number of dev friends on Discord, if anyone wants any particular data just ask. As for a detailed post about it maybe I will do one in the future but as it stands right now my time is very limited, I am caught between my day job - game dev - holidays - some personal issues, so my online social engagement is on the minimum basis.

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #418 on: December 07, 2021, 09:26:32 AM »

UPDATE

After this marketing round, we noticed a few issues with our game that were not discovered during testing.
So based on the feedback we now have an extra 1 month of dev time delay because we are implementing these new features:
- The game interface must automatically be zoom in x 2 on large interfaces
- all the text from the game must automatically be zoom in x 2 on large interfaces
- manual reload button on the interface

Also, we noticed some people are a bit skeptical about the save game costing resources, we decided not to remove this feature but we do plan to make it more accessible for example on morale zero the cost of save game will not require food resources just action points and will only cost additional resources when the morale penalty is high.

The difficulty choosing screen is out of the question since we want an exact player experience and by having such difficult options some may choose to go on easy even though the good experience only comes on normal difficulty.
So yes, the game balance will remain at the principle: the game difficulty adjusts according to how you play and what decisions you make.

Cool
« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 09:38:14 AM by Ramos » Logged

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #419 on: December 08, 2021, 12:01:08 AM »

Also, we noticed some people are a bit skeptical about the save game costing resources, we decided not to remove this feature but we do plan to make it more accessible for example on morale zero the cost of save game will not require food resources just action points and will only cost additional resources when the morale penalty is high.

Interesting, the fact that saving cost resources surprised me as well, but I did not question it. I just thought "Okay, this is a tough game". Anyway, the change you describe seems to make sense!

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic