Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 10:15:43 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsChromosome Evil - RTS & Horror
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29
Print
Author Topic: Chromosome Evil - RTS & Horror  (Read 115234 times)
Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #440 on: December 27, 2021, 09:01:25 PM »

It will be an honor for me! Gentleman I plan to invest several months (after game will be near 100%), just to marketing/promotion. I don't plan to rush Steam release even if game will be finished. I have several ideas, albeit very little practical experience in that aspect.

You are too kind!
And yes, starting marketing with a few months before release is a very good aproach

Tnx for the transparency in wishlist amount and congratulations, those are good numbers!

Np and thank you!

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #441 on: December 28, 2021, 01:05:10 AM »

Thanks to all of you for sharing your data!

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #442 on: December 30, 2021, 10:38:47 AM »

Thanks to all of you for sharing your data!

Indeed, that was a very constructive chat, I salute you gentleman Gentleman

And now the end of the year is coming and I am summing up our current status.

My partner Sergey managed to implement all the game content I made including all scenarios.

What does this mean?
We are leaving 2021 with 90% game complete. Took us the entire year of 2021 to jump from 80% to 90%, an insane, insane situation.

What's left?
- testing all the content
- bug fixing
- loose ends
- ballance
- polish
- marketing, marketing, marketing

This may seem like a small list but all points are critical
MY partner hopes to have all finished and release the game by March 2022 but I am not so optimistic about it, I mean just the loose ends and polish I estimate around 3 months of hard, hard work but on the worst-case scenario basis, the game will be finished in 2022.
I am so tired but I must stay strong just a bit more.

I wish you all a happy new year!  Coffee

AcroGamesFin
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #443 on: January 01, 2022, 04:41:52 AM »

Looks great, absolutely, very captivating. Seems like we both hit 90% by the end of -21! Go us. Happy new Year!!
vdapps
Level 5

Head against wall since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #444 on: January 01, 2022, 02:11:02 PM »

Happy New Year and keeping my fingers with those final steps! Beer!

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 02, 2022, 04:26:45 AM »

Happy new year!
Maybe last 10% will go down faster
If you finish the game this year will you also release it or the release will be delayed for 2023?
Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #446 on: January 02, 2022, 12:44:02 PM »

Looks great, absolutely, very captivating. Seems like we both hit 90% by the end of -21! Go us. Happy new Year!!

Glad to hear that

Happy New Year and keeping my fingers with those final steps! Beer!

Thank you for the positive motivation boost vdapps!  Beer!

Happy new year!
Maybe last 10% will go down faster
If you finish the game this year will you also release it or the release will be delayed for 2023?

I am not sure, It depends on some factors, for example, if we are also to release this year we must:
- have minimum 1 month before release to deal ONLY with marketing/PR(I would like to have around 3 months for this but considering I already made background marketing during development time, 1 month before release is acceptable in my situation, although the marketing promotional material & plan for the marketing campaign before release it is not finished yet so I will need 1 extra month for that)
- release date must be in our favor, for example, I think that beyond April it is not a good time for releasing indie games(not sure but that`s how I see it) so if we can finish before March we can consider releasing it this year but if April starts then the 2022 release will be under heavy question mark even if we finish the game just 1-2 months later

Cool

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #447 on: January 03, 2022, 03:58:27 PM »

I had a bit of free time today so I made this post about Publisher evaluation:

https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=72871.0

Please feel free to disagree and share your own opinions

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #448 on: January 04, 2022, 12:52:54 AM »

Thank you for sharing, I'll have a read right away!

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #449 on: January 04, 2022, 02:13:56 PM »

Thank you for sharing, I'll have a read right away!

Glad to hear that, I truly hope it will help other devs
Thank you for your constant support Alain!

vdapps
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #450 on: January 05, 2022, 02:05:20 PM »

Very nice article, I chewed through it immediately after seeing your post here. Very thanks for sharing! Gentleman

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: January 07, 2022, 11:34:49 AM »

Very informative post.
Have you decided on a publisher for Chromosome evil?
Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #452 on: January 10, 2022, 05:44:55 AM »

Very nice article, I chewed through it immediately after seeing your post here. Very thanks for sharing! Gentleman

That`s nice to hear, Thank you! I hope it helps

Very informative post.
Have you decided on a publisher for Chromosome evil?

Thank you!
Nop, we were contacted by a fair amount of publishers but so far none of the offers are appealing. As it stands I think we will go with self-publish and keep our independence

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #453 on: January 16, 2022, 01:00:43 PM »

UPDATE

getting close to the end of development.

Working on achievements

We want to release in 2, max 3 months so you will need to excuse the basic icons for achievements since my time is required on the marketing plan and marketing execution after this.

We also make each achievement with extra rewards for example:

- destroy 100 zombies: gives + 2 bullets on each new game

- upgrade rifle to max LVL: gives + 2 weapon components each new game

and so on... to increase the re-playability factor, along with the multiple paths, multiple choices, and the randomly generated content.

NEXT:

I will work on the release marketing plan, I will also make posts about that too in the hope that it won't be too boring since it's not actually game dev material

Gentleman

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 16, 2022, 02:56:53 PM »

We also make each achievement with extra rewards for example:

- destroy 100 zombies: gives + 2 bullets on each new game

- upgrade rifle to max LVL: gives + 2 weapon components each new game

and so on... to increase the re-playability factor, along with the multiple paths, multiple choices, and the randomly generated content.

I think this is a great idea. I like when games do things like this, it really does encourage the player to come back. I might suggest trying to find options that don't necessarily just add X benefit, but that give you something while taking something else away. A trade-off. An increase in defensive X and the cost of offensive Y or vice versa. Those are the types of equipables or unlockables that I think work the best because they're not just making the game easier, but encouraging you to play a different way the next time around. Not saying to not use your ideas, just throwing out another suggestion.

I'll be rooting for you as you head into this final stage of development.

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #455 on: January 17, 2022, 01:29:55 AM »

It is exciting to hear that you are releasing in a couple of month. Keep hanging in there!

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #456 on: January 17, 2022, 03:27:55 AM »

I think this is a great idea. I like when games do things like this, it really does encourage the player to come back. I might suggest trying to find options that don't necessarily just add X benefit, but that give you something while taking something else away. A trade-off. An increase in defensive X and the cost of offensive Y or vice versa. Those are the types of equipables or unlockables that I think work the best because they're not just making the game easier, but encouraging you to play a different way the next time around. Not saying to not use your ideas, just throwing out another suggestion.

I'll be rooting for you as you head into this final stage of development.

Glad to hear this because I already made such a system a long time ago, it is also the main core pillar of the game, you can never have it all and it all got cons/pros.
Here is an example:
When you add the mobile laboratory to your convoy you are presented with a choice:
A. ram the mobile lab through the city until it reaches convoy (you have all tec lab prices x2 but you gain a permanent 1 Action point)
B. guide mobile lab to randevu with the convoy in a safe route (all research prices are normal but you won't get the permanent Action Point)

It is exciting to hear that you are releasing in a couple of month. Keep hanging in there!

Thank you Alain!
 I have no idea what to expect regarding the outcome at this point

vdapps
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #457 on: January 17, 2022, 07:34:09 AM »

Congrats! I'm getting quite excited about your release. I'm here for almost 2 years but this will be the first Steam release of the game which I'm actively following and observing from closer distance.

I'd like also pay tribute that you're sharing such info and experience, not just about development but also about marketing. For me, this is TIGForums essence. Apart from writing devlog (which itself is useful for game presentation / for investors etc..), it's about contribution to indie dev community. Gentleman

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 19, 2022, 08:37:46 AM »

I like the reward system from achievement, it gives that extra attention to details.

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #459 on: January 23, 2022, 12:42:26 AM »

Congrats! I'm getting quite excited about your release. I'm here for almost 2 years but this will be the first Steam release of the game which I'm actively following and observing from closer distance.

I'd like also pay tribute that you're sharing such info and experience, not just about development but also about marketing. For me, this is TIGForums essence. Apart from writing devlog (which itself is useful for game presentation / for investors etc..), it's about contribution to indie dev community. Gentleman

Thank you for the kind words vdapps! I am happy if someone finds the shared information useful
I am now down on 50% of marketing content progress, I will probably start sharing stuff during the coming week

I like the reward system from achievement, it gives that extra attention to details.

Thank you Beastboy!

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic