Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 09:48:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsChromosome Evil - RTS & Horror
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29
Print
Author Topic: Chromosome Evil - RTS & Horror  (Read 115000 times)
Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #540 on: June 17, 2022, 07:40:51 AM »

It's amazing you are publishing a map editor! Back in the day I played around with every editor I could lay my hands on, I think the one for Age of Empires was the first Smiley

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 19, 2022, 12:49:29 PM »

Wow, a Map Editor is an amazing idea for a DLC and a huge project! You guys are really killing it. Love that you're sticking with your DLC plan and churning out content on a regular basis. I've seen that be really successful for devs in the past and I'm sure you two will find success with it as well. Hope you're managing to squeeze in some down-time in all this as well to recharge your own batteries.

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #542 on: August 08, 2022, 12:38:58 PM »

It's amazing you are publishing a map editor! Back in the day I played around with every editor I could lay my hands on, I think the one for Age of Empires was the first Smiley

Thank you Alain, lots of work still ahead

Wow, a Map Editor is an amazing idea for a DLC and a huge project! You guys are really killing it. Love that you're sticking with your DLC plan and churning out content on a regular basis. I've seen that be really successful for devs in the past and I'm sure you two will find success with it as well. Hope you're managing to squeeze in some down-time in all this as well to recharge your own batteries.

Hope is dangerous hope is dangerous hope is dangerous  Cheesy don't forget that
Thank you for the support oldblood, things are going in the right direction now!

I also meet my partner for the first time in Serbia after 12 years of working with him, I will probably make a post regarding that a bit later since it was a HUGE milestone for me

Just minor related news: I just had the first interview regarding Chromosome Evil if anyone is interested in such things

I salute you  Gentleman

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #543 on: August 09, 2022, 12:54:07 AM »

Nice, I'm looking forward to hearing you on the podcast Smiley

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: August 10, 2022, 06:42:58 AM »

I enjoyed listening to the interview! Congrats on finally getting to meet up with your partner. Definitely share a blog post about that when the time comes.

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #545 on: August 15, 2022, 11:34:55 AM »

Nice, I'm looking forward to hearing you on the podcast Smiley

Thank you! I am waiting for yours too  Well, hello there!

I enjoyed listening to the interview! Congrats on finally getting to meet up with your partner. Definitely share a blog post about that when the time comes.

Thank you and glad to hear that you enjoyed it

I will probably post about the journey in Serbia a bit later since I still have many tasks

Also, we got contacted to join Fear fest powered by Feardemi(I posted details about this fest here:
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=73569.0

Glad to see that some of the tiles here will also be there such as Shardpunk and BattleJuice Alchemist + some of my content creator's friends also joined.

And for those of you that are from Romania, Serbia, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Belarus, Hungary, Slovakia, Republic of Moldova and Poland don't forget that the Devplay Steam festival is coming, you can register here:
https://dev-play.ro/call-for-indies/

Let this new week be full of awesomeness Gentlemen  Gentleman

« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 05:16:24 PM by Ramos » Logged

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #546 on: August 17, 2022, 01:16:44 AM »

Looking forward to have a great Fear Fest with you Smiley

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #547 on: September 07, 2022, 01:10:37 PM »

Looking forward to have a great Fear Fest with you Smiley

Thank you!

Fearfest interview just got published(it was a part of the main Fearfest broadcast)

also ... ahhh they wrote "Christian" instead of "Cristian" brrrr

also @Alain, I also found yours  Gentleman

PS: we look creepy AHAHAHAHAHAA  Cheesy

oh and lets not forget Shardpunk

https://youtu.be/UxYqJF5hYRg

(sry, Tigsource only makes preview of the first 2 vide links, you will need to trust me on the third one)

bryku
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #548 on: September 08, 2022, 01:08:29 AM »

Aah, three men on their gamedev journey gathered in one place... great stuff.

At least your mugshots are there :D Mine got replaced with my studio logo Smiley

[edit: oh, they did fix it after we asked them about it]
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 11:12:32 PM by bryku » Logged

Busy working on xcom-like, steampunk/vermintide pixel art strategy game called "Shardpunk".

Devlog | Twitter | Webpage
Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #549 on: September 09, 2022, 04:23:56 AM »

Hahaha, nice, thanks for collecting the mugshots Cristian! I had watched both of your interviews already Smiley

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #550 on: December 04, 2022, 03:58:32 PM »

@bryku
Nice, I see they updated the thumbnail  Wink

@Alain
Yea I like to collect things like people's souls  Durr...?

So I am writing on this dev blog now because we are working on a very short DLC that I hope to release this week(more information soon) + we also work on some adjustments for a new store page that we got accepted with Chromosome Evil(more information later) and we also work on a possible sequel(more information much more later).

Other than this the sales are still alive and I also opened my marketing consultant services to gain a bit more experience & networking.
My personal life is a total mess, not the brightest period but I have some hope left in my magical jar.

Gentlemen, until the next update ...  Gentleman

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: December 04, 2022, 06:08:39 PM »

Glad to see you're moving forward with the DLC despite the personal challenges. I'm excited to hear more about the new content and (potential) sequel! Keep hanging in there with all the life stuff. Feel free to hit me up on Discord if you ever need to vent or talk.

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #552 on: December 04, 2022, 09:29:18 PM »

So I am writing on this dev blog now because we are working on a very short DLC that I hope to release this week(more information soon) + we also work on some adjustments for a new store page that we got accepted with Chromosome Evil(more information later) and we also work on a possible sequel(more information much more later).

Other than this the sales are still alive and I also opened my marketing consultant services to gain a bit more experience & networking.
My personal life is a total mess, not the brightest period but I have some hope left in my magical jar.

That's great to hear you are working on the next DLC. I hope you will find many good things in your magical 2023 jar. And you are approaching 200 reviews on Steam, that's amazing!

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #553 on: December 10, 2022, 06:36:26 AM »

Glad to see you're moving forward with the DLC despite the personal challenges. I'm excited to hear more about the new content and (potential) sequel! Keep hanging in there with all the life stuff. Feel free to hit me up on Discord if you ever need to vent or talk.

Thank you for the kind words and support!
I will try not to abuse your kindness by vampirizing you with my personal problems but I appreciate the gesture Oldblood  Coffee

That's great to hear you are working on the next DLC. I hope you will find many good things in your magical 2023 jar. And you are approaching 200 reviews on Steam, that's amazing!

Thank you, Alain! Yes we just hit 200 reviews
 Wizard (PS: I see what your alchemist did to those poor turtles)

So ... UPDATE TIME

We did not reach the Milestone for a third big content DLC but we are still happy with the results so our third DLC will contain a cheat mode

Why ?
- We noticed that some of the players downloaded trainers from third-party sites that can harm computers
- we noticed that some people are just not skilled enough to finish the game but they do invest a lot of time in it and they enjoy it
- for fun
- as an extra bonus for us we can now activate another Steam visibility round

Cost of the third DLC will be ... FREE again
Why?
- We hit 200 reviews and we want to give back something to the players
- Holidays are near and that's the best gift we can provide for the supporters
- We are happy with the money we made so now we prefer not to be greedy and just concentrate our efforts on branding and having a solid reputation as a game developer company

The cheat trainer contains all that a normal trainer does + an extra feature to manually spawn enemy types for fun.
WARNING: using the cheat mode will not unlock any achievements.

STATUS

We published the DLC 2 days ago https://store.steampowered.com/app/2240370/Chromosome_Evil__Cheat_Trainer/
But we are experiencing some problems meaning the DLC does not start from Steam, the player must manually open the game folder and run cheat.exe. Also, the DLC cheat mode does not appear yet on the main Chromosome Evil Steam page.
My partner contacted Steam support in order to find a solution for this.
After it will be fixed I will also post an announcement on Steam.

Good day gentlemen!
 Gentleman

bryku
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #554 on: December 11, 2022, 06:07:24 AM »

You have more than one released game in your portfolio, and you just passed 200 reviews - congratulations to you, dear sir! I believe you're one of the few that made it that far.

Busy working on xcom-like, steampunk/vermintide pixel art strategy game called "Shardpunk".

Devlog | Twitter | Webpage
Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #555 on: December 12, 2022, 12:00:11 AM »

I think it's a nice choice to release the cheat mode. It is always fun to play around with tools like this Smiley I assume you made a lot of use of this during development and QA yourself Wink

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #556 on: December 14, 2022, 08:44:57 AM »

You have more than one released game in your portfolio, and you just passed 200 reviews - congratulations to you, dear sir! I believe you're one of the few that made it that far.

Thank you bryku, you are too kind to say that
Also some good news for you: the Shardpunk steam page has now 1664 followers and when I released my game I had around 1400 so this means your game has a very high chance to perform better than Chromosome Evil.

I think it's a nice choice to release the cheat mode. It is always fun to play around with tools like this Smiley I assume you made a lot of use of this during development and QA yourself Wink

True, we used some of them for some specific testing but because the engine was custom made some bugs would not appear if we used cheats and vice-versa so we ended up doing most of the testing without cheat mod.
Still, so far the players seem to enjoy the cheat mode DLC we released and we just fixed the problem of DLC not launching directly from Steam.

Other news

1. Marketing
As I stated a few posts before, I opened my marketing consultant services and just letting you guys know that for everyone who posted on my Chromosome Evil blog this service is 100% free: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=73901.0
So if you want to talk about marketing hit me up on discord.

2. GOG
The other news I want to share with you is that Chromosome Evil got approved by GOG and will hit the GOG store on 22 December.
I am very happy about this achievement because we managed to get approved without having any publisher or middleman/third-party involvement + this is totally a bonus for us, we have no financier expectations but the branding reward is wonderful.

I have just one more piece of news about the current project that we work on but that one I am keeping it for 2023.(and will probably have to start a separate blog for it)

Good day Gentlemen
 Gentleman

« Last Edit: December 14, 2022, 08:54:04 AM by Ramos » Logged

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #557 on: December 15, 2022, 08:48:33 AM »

It is great you were able to get approved for GOG. Because you did not launch there at the same time as on Steam, you won't steal your own audience and this should just be additional sales. So cool this worked out  Coffee

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: December 17, 2022, 09:42:07 AM »

Congratulations!  Beer!
cepnox
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: December 17, 2022, 10:19:37 AM »

Huge congrats for being approved on GOG!

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic