Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 05:02:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsChromosome Evil - RTS & Horror
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29
Print
Author Topic: Chromosome Evil - RTS & Horror  (Read 114996 times)
cavalierro
Level 0

Gentle Coder

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2019, 03:05:53 AM »

UPDATE

Evacuation zone

Nice progress, I like the features. Keep up the good work!

I'm having a quarantine party this weekend and none of you are invited.

(/r/oneliners)
Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2019, 07:06:29 AM »

Oh yes, that apc is defnetly inspired from aliens, good job on seting the mood of the game theme
NajibSG
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2019, 09:59:49 AM »

What I like most about your games is the option to customize your soldier, clothes, weapons, etc Smiley

In other games they always forget that option   Cry

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2019, 06:43:37 AM »

@cavaliero
Thank you so much!

@Beastboy
Thank you, glad you like it!

@NajibSG
Thank you, yes we want character avatars customizations to be similar with map action view according to what armor, helmet, and the weapon they use

AdrianMI
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2019, 12:55:45 AM »

At first glance i thought of the movie "Aliens" from '86.

You definitely need a female character named Ripley and a private Hudson that yells "Game over man!! Game ovver" :D

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2019, 12:10:28 AM »

At first glance i thought of the movie "Aliens" from '86.

You definitely need a female character named Ripley and a private Hudson that yells "Game over man!! Game ovver" :D

YES !!! We will, I added the comic popups as a mockup in the screenshot, we will do the text lines system after we finish some of the main tasks.

The editor is working now at 90% capacity, could use some small fixes and polish but it does the job.

and here is the actual screenshot after I hit play straight from the editor(as I said above the only mockup are the comic text lines which we will implement a bit later, rest is all actual in-game footage)

We are a few weeks away from Beta, we have lots of small fixes we must do... and we hope we will find some serious testers among our fans

AdrianMI
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2019, 03:55:13 AM »

Hey you actually implemented that?! So awesome Tongue

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2019, 12:37:40 PM »

OK week is over, we made a lot of small bug fixes and we added some more small polish, still much work ahead but the results are now coming solid.

We also did a gif while we were testing zombies and turret building
*turret building is not conditioned by environment, an engineer can deploy his turret anywhere he wants

Have a great weekend!

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2019, 03:27:24 AM »

That is amazing, i like what I see, those interaction lines bring some personality to the characters, i just hope that each character will have his own reaction not a clone text to all

I am stil waiting for that beta, from what I see you allready have a lot of good content so my question is do you have an estimated date for beta yet?

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2019, 12:05:40 PM »

That is amazing, i like what I see, those interaction lines bring some personality to the characters, i just hope that each character will have his own reaction not a clone text to all

I am stil waiting for that beta, from what I see you allready have a lot of good content so my question is do you have an estimated date for beta yet?

Thank you!
Yes, some lines will be custom for each character and some lines will be generic.

As for beta, regarding content, we have features/mechanics but the actual content of maps, balance or gameplay is still under wip. Good news is that we are not very far from beta

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2019, 11:54:57 AM »

Can you make an early alpha with just the features then ? I think feedback on features will help to
Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2019, 10:56:08 AM »

Can you make an early alpha with just the features then ? I think feedback on features will help to

We want to hold up until we have something more solid and cut out all obvious bugs and problems but just so you know, your interest in our game helps our motivation, thank you!

Meantime ...
We had a major update, we finish the AGGRO/Difficulty design and spanners in the editor

*6 levels of difficulty/aggro and they are based on player choices from random events, map travel decisions options and exploration/combat strategies
*6 types of monster spanners (we can create modes with just clasical zombies outbreaks or going full dark and turn it into a nightmare Lovecraft theme)
*level up system main balance
*level up popups and menus all work now
*Xp rewards

Alexandru Nechita
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2019, 03:53:54 AM »

OK week is over, we made a lot of small bug fixes and we added some more small polish, still much work ahead but the results are now coming solid.

We also did a gif while we were testing zombies and turret building
*turret building is not conditioned by environment, an engineer can deploy his turret anywhere he wants

Have a great weekend!

Cool lighting improvement, can tell the actors from the environment easier <3  Beer!

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2019, 02:23:04 PM »

@Alexandru Nechita
Thank you!

We wanted to do a trailer this month but we will put it on hold a bit because we want to make the game installer and hopefully those  text comic popups to, its a lot of work on those not only text but some lines are only for certain characters, some lines must trigger on certain events and so on. With these lines, we want to consolidate the personality of each character.

If you guys have any suggestions for lines and triggers let us know

I will probably post a list of lines soon

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2019, 01:16:07 PM »

Anymore news of updates?
Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2019, 07:52:32 AM »

Anymore news of updates?

Sure, we are very busy with the day job and working on the game and we disappeared a bit from social media but the game is growing solid, we also just finished the development plan for this year and by our worst-case scenario calculation we should start building the campaigning maps from December, and no promises but if all goes according to plan we should have a Trailer release next month and a first beta build on Halloween.

As for this exact moment, Programmer is fighting to bring the trailer to life and I just finished the design for the New Game options, there will be 4 questions at beginning of each new game which will let you choose the starting bonuses, staring team and resources.

Also, I am working on achievement, each achievement will give New Game some more starting bonus resources and unlock more gaming modes, so we aim for achievement with rewards

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2019, 11:59:16 AM »

Nice to see you guys still work on it, for a moment i tought that because game seems complex you will burnout and abandon it, also nice to see this new feature, good luck , I am still following you
AdrianMI
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2019, 11:42:26 PM »

Nice to hear!!

Regarding the launch are you planing multiple platforms? Mobile? Switch? Maybe HTML5?

Just an idea maybe local multiplayer? A death match room where my squad would fight my friends squad?
Or even better coop campaign!! That would be so awesome Smiley

Give me a shout when the new trailer is out! Tongue

Alexandru Nechita
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: July 25, 2019, 06:28:35 AM »

Nice to see you guys still work on it, for a moment i tought that because game seems complex you will burnout and abandon it, also nice to see this new feature, good luck , I am still following you

They made Tauronos, they prolly got a tempo going by now <3

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2019, 09:35:52 AM »

Thank you, each Wednesday coder does code update and each Sunday I do art update and Friday usually I must also post in discord group and update dev blogs but sometimes I am so tired from my day job that I don't have the strength to go social  Cool

Nice to hear!!

Regarding the launch are you planing multiple platforms? Mobile? Switch? Maybe HTML5?

Just an idea maybe local multiplayer? A death match room where my squad would fight my friends squad?
Or even better coop campaign!! That would be so awesome Smiley

Give me a shout when the new trailer is out! Tongue

We currently got planned only PC market, we still haven't decided if we are going to do an exclusive store approach or regular release.
MP involves a lot of work, we may think about it after we see release results but no promises

And sure, we currently work on the trailer, almost finished all scenes, hopefully by middle or end of next month we shall release the trailer

They made Tauronos, they prolly got a tempo going by now <3

Thank you so much, and yes, half of our team worked on TAURONOS to

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic