Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 11:45:14 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsChromosome Evil - RTS & Horror
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29
Print
Author Topic: Chromosome Evil - RTS & Horror  (Read 114968 times)
Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2019, 09:30:47 AM »

Nice to see you guys still work on it, for a moment i tought that because game seems complex you will burnout and abandon it, also nice to see this new feature, good luck , I am still following you

Thank you, each Wednesday coder does code update and each Sunday I do art update and Friday usually I must also post in discord group and update dev blogs but sometimes I am so tired from my day job that I don't have the strength to go social  Cool

Nice to hear!!

Regarding the launch are you planing multiple platforms? Mobile? Switch? Maybe HTML5?

Just an idea maybe local multiplayer? A death match room where my squad would fight my friends squad?
Or even better coop campaign!! That would be so awesome Smiley

Give me a shout when the new trailer is out! Tongue

We currently got planned only PC market, we still haven't decided if we are going to do an exclusive store approach or regular release.
MP involves a lot of work, we may think about it after we see release results but no promises

And sure, we currently work on the trailer, almost finished all scenes, hopefully by middle or end of next month we shall release the trailer

Nice to see you guys still work on it, for a moment i tought that because game seems complex you will burnout and abandon it, also nice to see this new feature, good luck , I am still following you

They made Tauronos, they prolly got a tempo going by now <3

Thank you so much, and yes, half of our team worked on TAURONOS to

Good to hear that, i know tauronos but its not my type of game, i am more of an rts fan.

Keep us posted on chromosome evil, looking forward to play it. And i also would sugest some local co op
Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2019, 05:14:26 AM »

Hey guys

@Beastboy
Thank you for the kind words!

UPDATE on trailer

We also would love to hear any suggestions if any regarding the trailer
Trailer script - DONE
Trailer in-between scene screens - NOT DECIDED YET
CHaracters armors in the trailer - PENDING

Content
Scene 1 - in-game animations, the team enters infected zone - DONE
We aimed here for some cheesy retro old style script

Scene 2 - we haven't decided here if we insert studio logo or present game as an RTS - PENDING
Scene 3 - in-game action of the team going forward in the zone(conversations) - DONE
Scene 4 - we haven't decided if we will place here team names aka developed by ... or some more info about the game - PENDING
Scene 5 - in-game action, pushing forward in the zone - DONE
Scene 6 - we haven't decided if we will place here team names aka developed by ... or some more info about the game - PENDING
Scene 7 - in-game max action scene - PENDING
Scene 8 - Game title(or studio logo?) - PENDING

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: August 15, 2019, 12:28:26 PM »

hey guys, new update, trailer scenes are done, we now only must polish them.
Meantime I finished the design for random encounters.

Hope you guys enjoy!

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2019, 03:29:26 PM »

This project is getting very complex, i can feel an xcom vibe from it
Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: August 25, 2019, 06:44:52 AM »

Indeed, Xcom was one of our main inspiration

Meantime trailer visuals are done.
We now work on implementing sound effects made by Alin Enesca(Delysid sounds)

What do you think that the squad will find beyond the door?   Well, hello there!

Alexandru Nechita
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2019, 10:17:41 AM »

Indeed, Xcom was one of our main inspiration

Meantime trailer visuals are done.
We now work on implementing sound effects made by Alin Enesca(Delysid sounds)

What do you think that the squad will find beyond the door?   Well, hello there!

I like the crt monitor effect <3 the inner black glow also gives it a concave monitor vibe

sbeast
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2019, 09:45:27 AM »

This is coming along really well! Have you made any considerations for music by the way? I would be interested in collaborating Smiley

Sbeast - Composer / Cover Artist / Guitarist
http://luxbellator.com/portfolio
Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2019, 01:33:52 PM »

@Alexandru Nechita
Thank you!

@sbeast
Thank you!
We already have a musician, he is listed in the original post

And now... after some moment of silence... Trailer is finally out
 It's been 3 hard years of development and we estimate around 1 more year until the game is finished. Hard development indeed, Real-Time Strategy Horror game is something that sounded easy at beginning but soon we realized that for this type of game we don't have any real patterns to follow so we had to create our own, we took inspiration from "Xcom", "Darkwood", "This war of main" and "Dungeons & Dragons", hard yes, but very satisfying to create it, I must admit that at some points I was a bit selfish in trying to create a game that I want to play but could not find it out there. We hope that in the end, we will give you a unique experience and that the wait will be worth it! Thank you guys for supporting us with likes, shares, and comments, those small actions you take fuel our motivation to go on, THANK YOU!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQZFhRF7lMI&feature=youtu.be

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2019, 04:22:36 AM »

Wow just wow, was hard to imagine how an rts would be horror but now that i see the trailer i become a beliver.

The visuals and the music sets the tone perfect. Only downside is that music becomes to repetitive at times and maybe its a bit to long for a trailer, still, im maximum excited for this game now
Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2019, 12:38:03 PM »

Wow just wow, was hard to imagine how an rts would be horror but now that i see the trailer i become a beliver.

The visuals and the music sets the tone perfect. Only downside is that music becomes to repetitive at times and maybe its a bit to long for a trailer, still, im maximum excited for this game now

Thank you!

We now work on saving the game system.
Here are some general characteristics:
- save game costs food
- the cost of save game is determined by what characters you got in the squad and if they got a certain skill upgraded
- the player starts with 1 save game slot but can unlock 2 more save game slots via achievements
- save game can only be made during travel map

We want to take "save game" in a different direction then what is standard but also we do not want to go fully "perma-death" so I believe this will be a nice in-between mechanics

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2019, 07:20:44 AM »

That seems like a good spin off, kinda have that resident evil vibe were you need ink in order to save, i am curios how it will work
Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 06, 2019, 10:49:39 AM »

Is this project stil alive? I hope so WTF
Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2019, 09:49:13 AM »

Is this project stil alive? I hope so WTF

It is alive do not worry,
We are adding part of content now, NPC`s and random encounters and I also started work on the tutorial, just that our time is very limited with the day job so we prefer to use our extra precious time only for actual developing, we will probably be more public active in a few weeks  Gentleman

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 10, 2019, 10:11:39 PM »

Glad to hear that
Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: January 01, 2020, 08:39:10 AM »

Happy new year !!! Cool

We are tired... its been around 3 years of constant work(2 updates each week), the pressure is getting in our bones and more personal problems occur in our lives but the results are coming and working on this game holds me on a floating line and also makes me happy, this year we want to release "Chromosome Evil", I don't know the exact date but we estimate around 5 months of work left.

With this been said we are now doing final tests for outdoor environments, here is a quick work in progress gif of a cornfield layout made in a hurry:

And also I started working on story art & text, here is a small preview, don`t judge too harsh, all this is work in progress

I hope you guys enjoy it! Coffee
And if you want to support us with suggestions or a kind word you can join our discord room: https://discord.gg/J2E2YWK

Also, we got the coming soon page running on steam if you care to wishlist it: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1035660/Chromosome_Evil/

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 03, 2020, 02:23:21 PM »

Happy new year!
Open beta allready Kiss
Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: April 10, 2020, 09:49:27 AM »

Happy new year!
Open beta allready Kiss

Soon

We now only got left:
- making maps in-game editor(me)
- fixing bugs (Sergey)
- a bit more polish and some balance fixes

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2020, 02:47:17 AM »

That is indeed good news

No screenschots or gifs atlest?
Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: May 03, 2020, 03:13:51 PM »

That is indeed good news

No screenschots or gifs atlest?

Sure, I am a bit late but I hope the wait was worth it

Beer!

andyfromiowa
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 03, 2020, 07:42:43 PM »

This looks solid! Love the pixel art and animations. I feel like I haven't seen a cool top-down shooter in a long time - I especially like the squad-building elements. Good luck with the project!

Hand Thumbs Up Left Grin

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic