Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411502 Posts in 69379 Topics- by 58435 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 30, 2024, 05:01:51 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesThe Thrill of Combat
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Thrill of Combat  (Read 1344 times)
Fuzz
« on: May 24, 2009, 07:41:19 PM »

The Thrill of Combat by messhof

I don't understand the negative response to this game. I bought it, and it is one of the most enjoyable indie games I've played. The graphics were perfect, the music was suitably glitchy and beautiful, the gameplay felt totally right, and even though I haven't managed to do very well in it yet, I still find it fun to fly around, zapping people and extracting their organs. Although death is pretty frequent for me, it doesn't prevent me from liking the game. I hope that with practice I'll be able to reach my organ quotas, but for the moment I'll be happy with simply enjoying the aesthetic. At least Auntie Pixelante gave it a good review.
esc
Level 3

BAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 01:02:23 AM »

I'd buy it. If he would have Paypal.

Fuzz
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 05:35:24 PM »

Google Checkout is pretty much just like Paypal. It's not like you're giving him your credit card number. It goes through Google.
ortoslon
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 07:20:46 PM »

I'd buy it. If he would have Paypal.
I asked messhof for a free copy and received it Tears of Joy. But you shouldn't try this unless you have an invisible highscore in Party Boat. Cool

even though I haven't managed to do very well in it yet, I still find it fun to fly around, zapping people and extracting their organs. Although death is pretty frequent for me, it doesn't prevent me from liking the game.
I'm with you, Fuzz. The whole experience is so psychedelic that I don't mind sucking at game for some time.
Fuzz
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 07:46:47 PM »

I'm finding that with more and more deaths I'm gradually figuring out some strategies for the game. I like how the game requires you to figure out everything, giving you only the controls, with no tutorial. It is by no stretch of the imagination a simple game, but it gets easier every time as I figure out more efficient ways to do things. I wonder what it would be like two player?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic