Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 06:48:23 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGrave Complex - Mobile Survival / Tower Defense Fusion
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: Grave Complex - Mobile Survival / Tower Defense Fusion  (Read 18870 times)
BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: February 02, 2018, 10:47:30 AM »

Taking a break from my other project, I've been thinking about doing this game for a while.  

Grave Complex is a mobile survival / tower defense fusion game.  Explore to find resources, build your base, set up defenses, await the amassed hordes!

« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 01:08:14 PM by BeardLogic » Logged
BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 01:05:40 PM »

Construction and inventories are a go.  Zombies try to find the easiest path to your base.  You will be able to block the zombies from entering, however they will start to attack whatever is in their way.

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 01:09:26 PM »

Swarm mechanics, path-finding and zombie combat are now working.  I haven't given the zombie attacks any teeth yet as I imagine that could get annoying. 

Base building / build system are high on the priority list next!

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 05:07:27 PM »

Zombies are attacking!  Check out the destructive swarm behavior.

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 03:06:11 PM »

Stealth mechanics and climbing are roughed in.  This gives a good idea of what will be possible as I flush out some of the more complicated problems.

I'm quite happy with how this is progressing.  Thoughts?

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 04:35:04 PM »

Swapped the FOV indicators for a more mobile friendly auto-aim feature.  Just aim in the roughly the right direction and it will do the rest.  Additionally I added a roll action for more mobility.

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 12:58:41 PM »

Zombie waves incoming!  Looks like the base might be in trouble... the lack of door might be a problem.

Either way, waves are working.  Well on the way to getting the core of the game working!

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2018, 07:50:34 AM »

Lots added this week.  Minimap, spikes (first tower), wall update and what was sorely missing last week... doors!

Starting to realized that hexagons may not be a good fit for this particular game.  They are a little more awkward than I was hoping for.  Might have to swap them out for squares...

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2018, 08:50:35 AM »

Changed to square tiles, seems far more natural now.  I think this change is a keeper.

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2018, 08:48:25 AM »

What's that strange rock?  Seems like something you'd want to collect... oh cripes.

Tower defense mechanics are very nearly ready to play.  Really hoping to have something working in the next couple weeks. 

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2018, 02:05:16 PM »

Still a work in progress but the UI is starting to come together.  This should give a flavor of what I am going for.

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2018, 10:17:02 AM »

Demonstration of the equipment UI in Grave Complex, seems to be working pretty well.

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2018, 01:49:34 PM »

Gather some resources and turn them into something useful.

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2018, 09:55:56 AM »

I updated the tower placement scheme, now it's done in real time.  Also added new lighting and updated assets (as per suggestions).  I really like the new lighting, it adds a lot of needed contrast.  Thoughts?

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2018, 10:33:46 AM »

Work In Progress: Demonstration of stealth and weapon degradation.

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2018, 11:22:10 AM »

Mostly back-end work this week but I've added searchable objects to the game.  This ultimately will mean being able to have storage chests in your base as well.

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2018, 02:58:45 PM »

It's dangerous to go too far... but what if you randomly find a battleaxe?

Anyway, looting is now easier.  Weapons break well.  Getting very close to starting an pre-alpha test.  The first test is going to be limited to a small set of people.  Please let me know if you would like to help shape the way the game is going and I'll get you in on the test.  Thanks!

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2018, 08:24:22 AM »

The second enemy type has been introduced to the game.  He's not so hard, maybe I should beef him up... Anyway, the first test build will be up in very short order.  Contact me and help shape the game's direction.  Cheers!

Just looking back to the first post of this game... sure has changed.  Lots of changes to come though!  I've been getting a lot of feedback suggestion I should try to differentiate myself from games like Last Day On Earth.  Anyone have suggestions on how I could go about doing that?  Cheers.

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2018, 10:16:28 AM »

Couple of quality updates: Zombies swarm better and animations are more fluid.  I was supposed to take time off this week... as you can see that happened hah.

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2018, 03:44:27 PM »

Added in an endless map.  I'm still debating it's merits but I think it's a better than having transitions.  I'm a little concerned about what it will do to the gameplay.  I do hope it will be a viable feature.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic