Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 02:01:08 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGrave Complex - Mobile Survival / Tower Defense Fusion
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Print
Author Topic: Grave Complex - Mobile Survival / Tower Defense Fusion  (Read 18808 times)
BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: December 21, 2019, 12:28:41 PM »

Hey all, I've got a few things to show off in this video, the first being changes to the aim mechanics which really help with hitting what you want to hit.  The second is further advancement to the UI with respect to modifiers.  Let me know what you think :D Cheers!

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2020, 10:13:54 AM »

I've been working on this for the last couple weeks.  It should really bring the game together.

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: January 18, 2020, 08:53:47 AM »

I've started adding the story mechanics to the game!  Monologue system will likely be coming soon. 

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: January 25, 2020, 09:08:50 AM »

Working on a new enraged zombie variant.  Not sure what to call it.  Any ideas? 

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: February 01, 2020, 08:32:36 AM »

Tasks keep getting checked off.  I was working on a lot of background stuff this week but check out the hordes!  Optimizations this week now allows for a lot of zombies active at once.

Also any other programmers have some advice for fast object serialization and file IO?  Seems to be my slowest point right now.  Currently using JSON.  It gives the advantage that when I change class/structures file IO still works.

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: February 08, 2020, 10:32:31 AM »

Working on getting the story integrated with the questing system.

Questions I'm currently grappling with:

Should we get rid of food / water and replace with single value?
How does the nomadic nature of the game placing barricades / buildings (Are buildings the player builds necessary)?
How does the nomadic nature of the game effect growing food?

please feel free to share any ideas or suggestions regarding these or anything else Smiley

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: February 15, 2020, 11:39:31 AM »

Working on various polishing tasks this week but I also added a small feature that has quite the impact.  Enjoy!

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2020, 07:29:52 AM »

I've been working on a number of things in the background.  I've got a new mode I'm calling 'Corruption'.  I should have that ready to play before the story mode.  I want to get something out so you can start playing.  The story can come later as it will require more testing for me to be happy with it :D.

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: February 29, 2020, 09:32:32 AM »

Working on getting the first playable mode completed (Corruption Mode).  Part of this mode will involve finding various points of interest and defending something within it while you research it.

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: March 14, 2020, 11:19:12 AM »

More work on corruption mode this week.  The final stage has been planned!  Just need to implement it.

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: March 21, 2020, 08:05:19 AM »

Working on zombie difficulties and corruption visuals!  The higher the corruption level the more difficult the zombies.

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: March 28, 2020, 10:51:04 AM »

Lots of the go behind the scenes this week.  Updates to the quest system, Dialogue and UI planning.  Not much to show of that, but check out this new zombie mechanic :D

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: April 03, 2020, 11:09:35 PM »

Added an important feature to the 'boss' zombie mode.  The ability to boss around other zombies!  Seems important anyway...

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: April 11, 2020, 10:27:54 AM »

Small visual update this week.  Added a quest tracker to keep track of the current objectives.  That said, there has been plenty of work in the background fixing bugs and handling various loose ends :D

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: April 18, 2020, 09:57:35 AM »

Working on a mechanics to support the quests in the game.  One of which is factions for the towers.  Generally there are only two factions, 1) You built it and 2) You die from it.

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: April 25, 2020, 08:48:20 AM »

Although I got a little sidetracked this week, I feel it was time well spent.  The terrain is looking great, although I have a few more tweaks in mind.  Additionally I may be able to remove my custom shadow solution entirely!

This is a great platform to be able to see the difference between the terrains.  Just look at the post above and you'll see the difference.  Crazy.  Glad there are people out there so willing to help.

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2020, 09:57:42 AM »

I accomplished a lot this week.  I couldn't even fit it all in the video... suppose I could have made it longer...

Anyway, other than what's in the video: I've reduced the impact of the physics system while fixing a number of the bugs causes by terrain collision.  I've also illuminated physics driven difficulties when climbing hill.  I may consider adding difficulty manually (Like I do in water). 

Climbing/falling was also fixed while I was working with character movement.  They both had some minor issues. 

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: May 09, 2020, 02:41:28 PM »

More quest related work done this week.  One of the more exciting features is the addition of TNT (Dinomite!).  It's going to work a little differently than shown in the video, however I definitely want to keep the ability to blow up zombies with it!

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: May 15, 2020, 06:16:15 PM »

Work continues on quest mechanics.  Only one left to go!  I've also added some cool zombie transitions.

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: May 23, 2020, 08:54:48 AM »

Working on the final level of corruption mode.  The path and points of interest are now being procedurally generated!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic