Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:07:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGrave Complex - Mobile Survival / Tower Defense Fusion
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: Grave Complex - Mobile Survival / Tower Defense Fusion  (Read 18810 times)
BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2018, 04:13:06 PM »

Adding a large feature like an endless map has it's drawbacks when developing such a game like Grave Complex.  It means I have to handle a lot of extra 'what if' scenarios.  Like what if the base goes off the loaded chunks?  Will it load back correctly?  Guess we'll find out!

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2018, 03:31:02 PM »

Bit of a short week, but here's a quick video showing off day and night cycles in addition to adding zombie pathing back in!

Jesse Ko
Level 1

L7 Dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2018, 03:28:35 AM »

Looks intriguing. Are you the "tower" in the tower defense gameplay? From what I have seen so far, it seems primarily building a maze to force enemies into choke points rather than building a whole bunch of structures that shoot things.

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2018, 08:18:51 AM »

Yes, certainly the player will be like a tower; the primary towers are going to be trap based.  Other towers could potentially be other survivors (npc's) that will hold a location for you for a short period of time; I haven't decided if that ruins the mood of the game yet though  Smiley.  I don't imagine there will be a lot of "tower's" in any given defense but time/testing will tell I think.  I need to see what each platform can handle.
BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2018, 09:10:51 AM »

What's a survival game without water?  Quite dry... ba dum cha....

Seriously though happy to have this roughed in.  Looking at getting zombie swarms back in again, going to have them attack at night.  It's been done before but it does seem like the logical thing to do.  *shrug*

Music: http://www.purple-planet.com

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2018, 02:35:28 PM »

Last time water, this time food!  Except for the vegetarians among you... you'll have to wait for another update.

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2018, 02:13:20 PM »

Still a work in progress but here's a sneak peak at the new interface I'm working on Smiley

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2018, 09:37:50 AM »

Exciting stuff, a few bugs yet but most of the HUD is up now.  Still some work to do on it but it's coming along.

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2018, 01:52:44 PM »

I updated the build system to allow for some more sophisticated buildings.  Additionally swiping left or right will now rotate the camera!  The minimap still needs to take the rotation into account.

A few more features yet and I'll be starting the alpha tests.  Seeing as I had to re-write a number of subsystems a lot of the core functionality had to be revamped as well.  That's mostly done now!  Whew!

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2018, 10:24:26 AM »

Testing out lights and started work on zombies swarming at night!  

The lights will play a fairly major roll in the game so they are kind of important Smiley.

I'm a little concerned about having too many point light in a scene at a given time on mobile.  Anyone have experience with this?

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2018, 03:23:39 PM »

Zombies are still a little stupid... for zombies that's saying something!  Starting to really shape up though.  The zombies will first seek out doors now.

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2018, 01:46:41 PM »

Updated swarm mechanics, definitely smarter now.  Can now loot zombies after they are dead.

Alpha Status: I have a few more minor features to add, then a few general fixes and it will be up and ready for testing.

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2018, 02:50:25 PM »

Better keep those lights on.  How else will the zombies know where to go?

Seems to give a good idea of where the zombies will path.  Anyone know how I might improve it?  I would like it to be a bit less cluttered.

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2018, 04:58:31 PM »

Added some variation to the ground plane just to see how it would work... result?  I like it!

Also got the compass tracking up and running.  Wizard

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2018, 02:13:14 PM »

Quick clip showing progress over the last couple months.  Pretty cool how far it's progressed.

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2018, 10:54:55 AM »

I've been working on the animation system lately.  Trying to get it streamlined... and to be honest make some sweet jumps.  Enjoy!

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2018, 10:27:15 AM »

A couple new animations to show off.  Lots of bug fixes... that you can't see!

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2018, 02:32:12 PM »

WIP: A quick video showing off the cleaner build UI.

Devilkay
Level 2

Hi! First game-dev experience!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2018, 12:26:49 AM »

you have to improve the assets Wizard
BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2018, 06:48:39 AM »

Indeed  Smiley, all things improve with time Wizard
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8