Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 05:32:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGrave Complex - Mobile Survival / Tower Defense Fusion
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: Grave Complex - Mobile Survival / Tower Defense Fusion  (Read 18809 times)
BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2018, 01:46:33 PM »

I don't tend to think about all the back-end work required to bring a game like this together... however putting these videos out has really shown me how much of the work that I do is strictly in behind the scenes lol.

I try to show something new off each week but it should be very interesting when I get the back-end work wrapped up.  Content should be added very quickly at that point Smiley

Anyway, enjoy my meager offerings while you can  Wink :

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2018, 08:38:18 AM »

New pathing indicators and updated barricades.  Sorry about the mic.  I need to get a new one :S.

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2018, 03:07:07 PM »

Updated build UI, plus the start of events!  You may also be happy to know I have a new mic as well Smiley

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2018, 04:21:58 PM »

Tower Defense #1 is in!  Protect the meteor to get the opportunity to mine the resources from it. 

Only a little bit of work left to do on this and the event system in general then on to a character / skill system. 

ARF Initiative
Level 0

ARF Initiative

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2018, 02:44:43 AM »

This game reminds me of Seven days to day video game. Are you inspired by that game?

Let's join the ARF Initiative Discord: https://discord.gg/PPAed7Z

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2018, 09:08:06 AM »

Yes I've taken some inspiration from 7 Days among others  Smiley.  There are quite a few in the genre to draw inspiration from.  I'm finding difficult to distance myself from every aspect of each but I feel I have managed to find enough unique ideas to set Grave Complex apart Smiley.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 09:25:32 AM by BeardLogic » Logged
BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2018, 09:32:18 AM »

Busy week this week.  Added in the skill system (actually skills yet to come), added in armor based skill buffs (shoes make you run faster).  Fixed zombie pathing near barricades and through angled barricades. 

My TODO list is shrinking.  The launch of Grave Complex Alpha is fast approaching.  Be sure to send me your emails if you want to test the game out!  First test will be for android devices.

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2018, 10:50:31 AM »

Mostly UI work this week (I'm not fast at making UI... Shrug),  also added chickens, fixed a number of bugs (no more infinite zombie spawns). 

Larger tasks left:
Still need to add the 'quest giver'
Skills / leveling need to be hooked up and tuned

The rest of the tasks on my list should be quick, bug fixes, small additions or tasks left for another version. 

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2018, 11:18:43 AM »

A lot on the go.  Several bugs fixed, several bugs introduced :S.  Most of those introduced are because of the new skills system which is coming along very nicely as this video suggests.

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2018, 03:00:07 PM »

Lots on the go.  All of the major systems are in place.   Basically just  bug fixes and adding content before the Android alpha test.  If you want to be an alpha tester (On Android) PM me, I'll make sure to add you to the list.

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2018, 10:28:25 AM »

Added a number of new features this week.  Still self-testing the game at this point, the game needs some more 'towers' to make it a tower defense game but it's progressing well.

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2018, 03:06:33 PM »

Alpha soooon!  Seriously though, It's pretty much ready to go.  I'm going to wait to release until after Christmas in the hopes that it will get me more feedback :D. 

If you would like to be part of the private alpha (and you haven't already) let me know.  I'll add you to the list!

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2018, 07:29:55 PM »

I brief look at the Grave Complex game-play in Alpha 1.0.0.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 07:43:52 PM by BeardLogic » Logged
BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2019, 10:42:03 AM »

Implemented a better camera rotation scheme, and an easier to read interface.

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2019, 10:02:12 AM »

Average draw calls down 52%, overfill 2-3 times lower.  It was a good week.

What does this mean?  Better performance on all around but it will be most noticeable on lower end devices.

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2019, 10:23:11 PM »

Added armor to the character system which required some mucking about with blender and the mesh swapping code I'm using.  I've also created the first version of a key element in the game the crystals.  More to come on those later.

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2019, 08:19:46 AM »

- Added the large zombies back in. 
- Fixed some pathing issues (though some remain)
- Added difficulty level based on player level and days in game

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2019, 05:05:04 PM »

New this week:
- Created the primary NPC's vehicle. 
- Improved Zombie Pathing (Especially the large zombies)
- Added directional lighting during the night

I guess I should call the charging zombies something other than "Large Zombies"... Any suggestions?

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2019, 10:35:48 AM »

Added another zombie: the wraith!

BeardLogic
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2019, 01:19:43 PM »

Lots of tweaks in the background this week.  On small visual update was the collection and damage UI.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic