Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:16:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessNeed help regarding when (and if) to release to steam's Early Access.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Need help regarding when (and if) to release to steam's Early Access.  (Read 649 times)
keehu
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2018, 04:23:30 PM »

So, I've been working for the past month and a half on this game here and I'm just wondering if you guys have any advice as to when it would be wisest to release on EA.

https://i.imgur.com/hSC52S8.gifv

So far, the game only has 1 level, 2 playable characters, 5 enemies and a boss. I've had several people test it and they take anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour to reach the boss, and then take 31 minutes to 1:40 hours trying to kill the boss.

I plan to sell the game for $5 because I believe it is expensive enough that people won't think it's some card/achievement scam game, but also cheap enough to perhaps be an impulse buy to some.

I've read that the game should be worth the money it's asking the second it comes on to EA and not what it promises to be, so i'm wondering if asking for $5 for roughly 2 hours of content at the time of EA release is acceptable.

I'm getting an artist to finish touching up several place holder art and I'm also getting a composer to create music and sound effects.

I've also done a poor job at marketing because I don't know if one and half months of development is too early, so I have no twitter, no landing page, nothing.

This is my first solo project and I would really appreciate any and all feedback, i am for sure in need I think!

Cheers!!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic