Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 03:12:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAztec Empire - City Sim Inspired by Impressions games
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Aztec Empire - City Sim Inspired by Impressions games  (Read 27679 times)
Frece
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2019, 03:44:36 PM »

Hey fellow Aztecs Wink

we made some progress since our last post and I wanted to present you our new UI. Here's a video:

We also found some potential musitian and he made a nice first soundtrack for our game. I may show you this later.
But yeah. Most of the things from our last todo is done. Still it requires polishing but yeah. At the moment we are developing a lot of things simultaniously since we are adjusting a lot of factors which will influence the overall picture of the game.

Here is one of out latest buildings addet to the game. The Pottery and the Clay pit.

So our to do now is:
- Still Loading + Saving
- More Buildings, Houses and Resources
- Some polishing
- Desasters
- First real Balancing

I'll send you another update soon.
Regards
donovk2
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2019, 03:45:33 PM »

it looks pretty neat , that old style isometric view and artstyle are excellent design choices, so if it will have of course a temple building i hope you include some kind of ritual sacrifice  for the population to stay in good mood.
good job folks.
Terminus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2019, 07:07:28 AM »

I love that kind of games, great visuals there !

Have you heard of/played Lethis - Path of Progession?

I did, it is ok really, i bought it day one and found it nice to play. It has a campaign mode that is really nice to play. However there is some problems with crops management (you get seasonal unemployment and that can get tricky to manage)

Ad augusta per angusta
Frece
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2019, 06:37:52 AM »

GUYS!! A lot happened since our last update.
First we have this here:

A video which shows the different functions of Aztec Empire and some of our plans. This is just a first-look so I am planing another video in the future.

You can also see that we decided on a Company name. Growing Seeds

Next - A cool youtuber called GamerZakh talked about Aztec Empire in one of his videos check it out

After this video a lot of people came to our Discord Server and followed us on Twitter. We already recieved a lot of cool feedback and some neat gamedesign-ideas.
When you read this - We invite you as well!

----

How about the game itself?

We created a lot of new buildings since this is the main part of the game right? Coffee So now we have all shrines for the 4 planed gods + a brand new Temple. Check it out.

In the meantime Nelvin (The Coder) worked hard to implement Loading+Saving!! Kiss
And plenty of fixing and refining. Next aim are the catastrophies (Fire, Desease Crime)

----

One more thing. We made our decision of doing Kickstarter. Aiming for a kampagne in early 2020.
So when is the best time to start preparing it as a developer? Right! Now. Cheesy

Jokes aside, but on my (Artist-Side) Todo I have:
- The 2 unfinished temples
- Some more Residence Houses
- Some new City Decoration details
- Testing with Cutscene-Images for the campagne
I also would love to create Portraits for the Gods but I need to think about this some more.

If you want to see me working on graphics of just want to have a live Q&A come to our new Twitch (https://www.twitch.tv/aztec_empire_game)

Well well My Word! until next time we wish you a nice time. See you!
Frece
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2019, 06:43:17 AM »

it looks pretty neat , that old style isometric view and artstyle are excellent design choices, so if it will have of course a temple building i hope you include some kind of ritual sacrifice for the population to stay in good mood.
good job folks.

Thank you so much! As an artist it is always great to hear when someone likes the visuals.
And yes. Sacrifices are a sure thing!  Cheesy

I love that kind of games, great visuals there !

Have you heard of/played Lethis - Path of Progession?

I did, it is ok really, i bought it day one and found it nice to play. It has a campaign mode that is really nice to play. However there is some problems with crops management (you get seasonal unemployment and that can get tricky to manage)

Thank you and - We try our best!  Hand Thumbs Up Right
POTUS2028
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2019, 04:27:32 PM »

So excited for this! Love city builders and have always wanted to see one for the Aztecs?

Any chance there will be chinampas for farming?
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic