Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 02:55:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGalactic Bulwark Strike - NOW RELEASED ON STEAM
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Galactic Bulwark Strike - NOW RELEASED ON STEAM  (Read 5361 times)
jg.camarasa
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2018, 02:37:15 PM »

I'm implementing a really basic progression system where you can upgrade the powerups with the points you gained as a score. So now the player has something to look forward to when playing, besides getting the highest score possible Smiley

jg.camarasa
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2018, 02:33:37 PM »

Steam leaderboards working!

Also achievements Smiley This is getting pretty close to a real game!

If you are interested in playing the game in its current state for a while let me know and I'll hook you up with a key Blink

jg.camarasa
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2018, 04:40:01 AM »

Working on the second Boss.

Right now I'm fairly close to finishing the game, let's hope I can shut this thing off in the following months Smiley

jg.camarasa
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2018, 07:54:33 AM »

Second boss mostly finished, only one to go!

jg.camarasa
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2018, 10:10:36 AM »

Just did the stupidest thing:

jg.camarasa
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2018, 11:01:04 AM »

FINALLY! Galactic Bulwark Strike has it's own Steam Store page!

Check it out (and wishlist it if you like what you see!) here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/803930/Galactic_Bulwark_Strike/

Also check the trailer:

What do you think? Any suggestions regarding the store page? I'm really excited!

jg.camarasa
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2018, 11:57:56 PM »

New music, visuals and gameplay!

jg.camarasa
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2018, 05:16:29 AM »

Game is basically done and has been submitted to Steam for review.

Final features include Daily Challenges, 30 feats/achievements, powerup upgrade progression and roguelite elements that make each run different.

I'm happy with the results despite all the flaws it has. Finishing a game is never easy so here we are Smiley

Please take a look at me playing today's Daily Challenge, release date and trailer soon to come!

tankorsmash
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2018, 06:36:35 AM »

Man, the visual flair on this is great. I tried getting a CRT thing going in my game but I wasn't able to find a good balance between style and text readability, but I think you nailed it with the bloom too.  Bouncing the  ball up and down is a really neat twist on this too.

At one point I even had a system where you'd earn points and unlock the upgrades too. It's really cool you were able to make a game with the same general idea as 'roguelite arkanoid' and take it to a totally different level man, really cool.

Have you tried using a font with an outline? I'm not sure what color would end up outlining well on yellow but I find it adds a little something extra. Basically take a TTF font, pass it through the BMFont tool with an outline attached and use it in the same way you're already using it.

jg.camarasa
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2018, 08:50:05 AM »

@tankorsmash thanks man, I really appreciate the feedback and the kind words. As I said on the other post, loved your take on it, amazing work! I'll sure take into account the font stuff for a futur update  Beer!

jg.camarasa
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2018, 09:01:43 AM »

Aaaand...

Galactic Bulwark Strike has officially released on Steam for PC for $2.99!!

Checkout the launch trailer!

And visit the Steam store page if you guys are interested!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/803930/Galactic_Bulwark_Strike/

Aaaand don't hesitate visit oldfag4's SoundCloud, which made the amazing soundtrack for the game!
https://soundcloud.com/oldfag4

Really excited to finally release this and accomplish the lifelong dream of having a game published, even if it's a small one, thanks for the support everybody!

pelle
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2018, 12:38:54 PM »

Congratulations! Got to ask: Will there be Mac and/or Linux versions?
jg.camarasa
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2018, 01:57:18 PM »

Can't say for sure, because now I'm kind of burnt with the project, but lots of people have asked and I'd really really love to.

pelle
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2018, 06:45:53 AM »

Hopefully it is just a matter of clicking some buttons in the export dialog or something? Let me know if you want someone to test it. Already bought the Windows version though, so unfortunately can't say that I refuse to buy it unless you support my preferred systems.

Have not played it myself yet, but my son played enough to level up all upgrades to 3. He seems to have lost interest a bit in the game after that (but he did go back to play a few more times anyway). He also reported that one time he was fighting the first boss the ball disappeared, lost somewhere in an upper corner of the screen or something, and did not come back. He defeated the boss, but then he could not keep playing because there was no ball, so he had to restart.
jg.camarasa
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2018, 10:14:54 AM »

Hey pelle, thanks for the feedback and for buying the game!

The bug was also reported by another user, so I'll take a look at it for sure  Beer! Hope it didn't cause too much trouble and your son liked the game anyway.

It's a bit more complicated (not a lot though) because I have to recompile also the dynamic library used for steam integration. However, yeah, there's a really high chance that once I rest up a bit (my day work is actually game porting so it's a bit exhausting overall!) I will start porting to Mac and Linux, and even maybe android Smiley

So thanks for the comment man, appreciate it

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic