Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 07:59:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFlufftopia - Idle Game with Story [Released]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Flufftopia - Idle Game with Story [Released]  (Read 2372 times)
smokesomefrogs
Level 1

Small German Indie Game Studio

View Profile WWW
« on: February 09, 2018, 04:47:28 AM »

It's done :D Finally: https://smokesomefrogs.itch.io/flufftopia

Hey :D
We, MadameYavi and I, Moaning_Clock, are working on a new project - Flufftopia for our little Indie Studio SmokeSomeFrogs Smiley It's an Idle Game but it has a story and some more complex mechanics. At the moment we are halfway through development. The story needs still to be implemented but most of the underlying mechanics are working. The graphical assets are also nearly done. For a better impression - here's a screenshot of the game :D

We think that we will be able to release the game in the end of February or maybe in the beginning of March. The main idea behind the game is that you need to transform Flufftown – the town you are managing - into a even larger eponymous Flufftopia. And a bit more but I won't spoil you! The game will be available in German and English :D Next week I will post more Smiley
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:41:22 AM by smokesomefrogs » Logged

smokesomefrogs
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 10:04:50 AM »

Hey Smiley

Flufftopia will be released soon, I think we will manage to release it in the end of February on Itch.io. Other platforms will follow maybe. At the moment we still didn't implement the story and some other features but Angela worked a lot on the UI to make sure that the foundation works fine. We implemented some cute graphics for the workers (one of the main gameplay mechanics).

Stay tuned Blink
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 03:18:41 PM by smokesomefrogs » Logged

smokesomefrogs
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 12:13:58 PM »

Hey :D

At the moment we have finished the work approximiatly to 80% and we can announce that Flufftopia will be released at Itch.io on 6th of March.

Next week we will start testing. If you want to participate, write an email to [email protected] Smiley
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 03:19:14 PM by smokesomefrogs » Logged

Josh Bossie
Level 3

Fly Safe, Pup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 02:40:33 PM »

This is a very cute looking game, but I'm having trouble understanding how the gameplay works. Do you have any in-game shots or clips?

Jesse Ko
Level 1

L7 Dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 09:28:35 AM »

This game has a very adorable aesthetic, and I can always dig having a story with my idle game (the thought never occurred to me to combine the two!).

Are you still planning on releasing some time in March?

SchriefFighter
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 11:43:39 AM »

Definitely agree about the aesthetic.
smokesomefrogs
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 11:52:24 PM »

Thank you for the compliments :D

Yes, the game will be released at the 6th of March Smiley

smokesomefrogs
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 11:14:16 AM »

Today the release is a little bit sooner and we started testing :D We wanted to start the testing phase yesterday but we needed a little bit more time because the savesystem had some hiccups. The localization is also a problem but we will fix it :D

Music is more or less complete.

In the next days MadameYavi will cut a trailer for the game and I'm going to work on stuff like descriptions for Itch.io etc.

In the next days we will focus on bugs and polish.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 03:20:34 PM by smokesomefrogs » Logged

smokesomefrogs
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2018, 11:35:26 AM »

It's released :D After some hiccups it's finally done!
You can download it here: https://smokesomefrogs.itch.io/flufftopia

It's free :D

smokesomefrogs
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2018, 01:42:52 PM »

Hey!

A little update on the release of Flufftopia! At the moment we have over 100 Downloads and Leafo from Itch.io was so kind to put us in the fresh releases section so we are on the frontpage which is absolutely awesome! :D

We are really happy and at the moment we don't have many bug reports and they are only minor issues which will be fixed in the next update! We will try to make a Linux build and test it on our Linux machine but we don't know if it will work and we don't want to put something out which just doesn't work!

https://smokesomefrogs.itch.io/flufftopia

« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 03:20:58 PM by smokesomefrogs » Logged

smokesomefrogs
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2018, 10:20:58 AM »

Another quick update - at the end of the weekend we will release a little update (fixing an error in the English localization and a tiny content update (there is a concept for one of the workers which absolutely needs to be in the game)) before the bigger update (where we will try to make a working Linux build) and try to make it playable on x86 systems Smiley

At the moment we hit 300 downloads and are really happy and grateful :D We really didn't expected so much downloads in the short time frame Smiley Thank you!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:43:10 AM by smokesomefrogs » Logged

Penguinoccio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2018, 03:12:00 PM »

I had a fun time
smokesomefrogs
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2018, 03:05:03 AM »

Thank you for the feedback Smiley

smokesomefrogs
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2018, 09:57:49 AM »

Hey! Daniel here Smiley

This week was really exciting for us and we are extremely happy with the numbers – if we are lucky we will hit 500 downloads today (we never expected this).

We made only small changes to the game itself because we wanted to focus on porting and testing the ports. First of all, the Windows version is now 32 bit instead of 64 bit because the game won't need more than 4 GB of ram. Also we made a Linux build and actually we didn't want to do this yet (it was planned for the 1.2 version) but we thought: why not? And the 64 bit version worked great on our little Linux machine. The 64 bit build was tested under Lubuntu. The PC for the Lubuntu is also our weakest machine and it worked pretty well (the highest resolution was a little bit too much and the animations had a slight stutter but 1600x900 worked great), so we have system requirements! Minimum is a J3060 (1.6 ghz (but it should also work on weaker systems)) and recommended is an astonishingly powerful G3900 (the two cores with 2.8 ghz rock the blocks!) We don't have a machine with under 2 gb of ram but it should work great because it never used more than 300 mb ram.

Yada yada yada… technical stuff aside we also changed other stuff. There was one button in the English localisation which was still in German (it read 'Arbeiter einstellen' instead of 'Hire worker') and some typos in both languages. We also changed some phrases because I didn't like the wording and in some cases adjusted the speed of the text changes.

And now we're finished with Flufftopia! Just kidding, we are thinking of lots of things which we can change and there is still a second game mode which we want to introduce and a lot of other things (some graphical options for example) but it will take us some time to make it as good as possible. For the moment we just wanted to fix some little problems. We also made a new trailer. The old one was made in about 30 minutes because we wanted to release the game on the 6th of March and had some weird bugs in the end which took way too much time fixing. The whole launch was a little bit rushed unfortunately so … yeah, here is the new trailer!

There are two bugs which we are aware of which aren't fixed (yet) but they are not gamebreaking and only minor things. Sometimes the fluffcoins per second display reads something like 46,000001 but if you hire a new worker for a building it goes away and it doesn't have any impact whatsoever.

The other bug happens only on rare occasions. This bug could also be interpreted as intended and you can finish the game without any problems nevertheless. It only showed up sometimes when we were testing internally and we don't have any reports about it yet, so we think it's fine if we fix it in the next update. Please be a little bit patient when we can't figure the problems out on the spot – Angela is using Unity for about two months now and has no programming background at all. We are still learning :D

Nevertheless if you run into any problems write us an email! [email protected]

We will work on new projects but the 1.2 of Flufftopia will arrive in a few weeks! :D

https://smokesomefrogs.itch.io/flufftopia

Changelog:

- New worker!

- A little fix for an upgrade (the second mine upgrade)

- A graphical fix (one of the clouds had outlines?)

- Some text edits (pacing, typos, wording)

- Windows is now 'only' x86 for better compability

- Linux build (x86 and x86_x64)

- The credits music is now a little bit louder
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:52:12 AM by smokesomefrogs » Logged

smokesomefrogs
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2018, 01:01:10 AM »

Hey folks!

First of all thank you so much for the support and the nice feedback :D

We were incredibly lucky and got featured by a YouTuber from Brazil, Felps. He has over two million subscribers and he made a video about Flufftopia! Even though my mom is from Portugal my Portuguese is really bad but I did understand what he said more or less :D

Also we got featured on the Twitter account of Itch.io which was very nice and unexpected since the game has been released two weeks ago Smiley We thought only new games are featured on Twitter so it was a nice surprise :D
Due to the Let's Play many people visited our page on Itch.io. It's incredible to have so many downloads. Our secret dream was to get 1000 downloads in the first month – at the moment we have over 2000 which is crazy. Our last game Intra-System: Trust Issues has around 1500 downloads after a year now and the numbers of Flufftopia were great for our standards even before the Let's Play. Honestly, it's fucking bananas and came from nowhere. Especially after our horrible launch.

We got asked if we could make an Android version but at the moment we don't want to. It's always kind of a balancing act – when we are porting and testing the ports we can't expand our games/create new ones etc. If we wanted to make a good port for mobile platforms we would need to redesign a lot of the game and we don't think that it fits the platform; also iOS won't happen and Mac isn't very probable in the near future since we don't have one. At the moment, we focus on Devastated and after that we want to work on a new and bigger game and also release the 1.2 of Flufftopia which will contain an Idle Mode, additions to the story and many little tweaks. We also want to expand the list of random facts about Flufftopia because it seems that this is a major part of the experience for many players.

Do YOU have any suggestions for Flufftopia for the major update? It will still need some time and we would appreciate any ideas :D If you want to say something about the story please make sure to write a spoiler warning or something like that Smiley

RizeoftheSummonds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2018, 01:32:04 AM »

Not my style of game. Sorry

smokesomefrogs
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2018, 04:54:02 AM »

No problem Smiley At the moment we continue working on a Point & Click Adventure after a break - maybe this is more your kind of game Smiley https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=63374.msg1365150#msg1365150

smokesomefrogs
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2018, 02:03:41 PM »

Hello! I thought I would write the next post for this devlog when the 1.2 is out which will be in a few weeks/months but it seems that I was mistaken. Anyway, a new update for Flufftopia is out now! Sorry, it's not an April Fools' joke, just a little update. We only wanted to change something in the credits and just push it out silently but then we thought about adding a tiny bit of content to the game. There's one typo in the German version which is fixed now and a new random fact! We also added a new worker Smiley

We call it the 1.1.1 and it's exactly 1 percent better than ever before! At the moment, we are working on Devastated and make steady progress. In regards to Linux we multibooted an old PC (which I recently bought from a friend) with Solus and Ubuntu (and Windows 8.1) so we have another testing machine (Flufftopia runs nicely on Solus and Ubuntu!) and aren't only relying on my little Lubuntu machine. Still we only tested the 64 bit versions but it seems this is the absolute majority of Linux users today. As we were testing we also found a little error which we fixed (nobody noticed it before). We also changed the compress format for the Linux versions from .zip to .tar.gz because it seems to fit more and afaik the permissions are saved in the .tar.gz file but not in a .zip file.

We had a bug on Ubuntu regarding a part of the story where you need to type something and every input was taken twice even if you would just press one time. This seems to be a problem for Ubuntu (in other distros it runs fine) with our particular version of Unity and we simply changed the text that needs to be typed instead of fixing it (workarounds ftw :D). We could have updated Unity but this could lead to horrible outcomes so we just went the safe route. There was also another minor bug which only one person pointed out and we also fixed that.

If you haven't downloaded it yet, you can get the game here: https://smokesomefrogs.itch.io/flufftopia

Changelog:

- Fixed error with the second mine upgrade
- Changed the credits
- A new random fact
- A new worker
- Fixed typo in the German version
- The Linux version is now a .tar.gz file and not a .zip file anymore
- Bug fixes/workarounds
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 05:41:13 AM by smokesomefrogs » Logged

smokesomefrogs
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2018, 07:11:43 AM »

Hey, we wrote a Postmortem about Flufftopia :D We also hit the 2700 download mark on Itch.io which is absolutely crazy - tomorrow, the game will be one month old Smiley Thank you for your support!

https://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/DanielDaSilva/20180405/316163/Flufftopia_Postmortem_An_Itchio_game_by_the_numbers.php

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic