Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 04:30:50 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessHow much does "good" title art cost?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: How much does "good" title art cost?  (Read 1517 times)
thefoolishbrave
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: February 09, 2018, 11:39:13 AM »

Okay, everyone has their own styles and preferences, so, something that takes weeks might likely cost more than something that takes a few days. But in general, what do you think is an appropriate budget to bring to the table when looking for some art that can really send the message of your game? As someone on a budget, it's often hard for me to feel comfortable shelling out hundreds for title art knowing how far it can go on an actual game but I feel confident about what I'm working on and want to take the risk! I wanna cast a net but I also don't want to be taken advantage of or offer too little!

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 11:41:59 AM »

This should probably go in the business subforum

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 12:25:11 PM »

Topic moved.

-Ross
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 02:58:34 PM »

I would say $300 minimum. $500 would more reliably get you something(someone) good. Look at HEX or Duel of Champions card art for the kind of quality I have in mind. If you really want "cover quality" - nicer rendering, much more detail, more complexity, you may need $700-1000 to tempt someone good.

Hueftenspeck
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 05:35:31 AM »

okay I know this thread is super old, but whatever :D

I'm an illustrator just like -Ross and I can personally say that I'd usually charge around 1000 euros (around 1150 USD right now). This would take me 8-10 days, so I definitely need to charge that much to stay alive.

This is my portfolio for anyone who's interested: https://www.annikamaar.de/

For 300 USD you can hire a student or someone who just started out, but obviously then the risk of getting a piece that is maybe not up to the standards you envisioned is pretty big, just depends on how important this artwork is to you.

The "super pros" who work for AAA stuff like blizzard and riot get something around 5-15k USD for a splash art piece btw, at least from what i've heard
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 05:52:09 AM by Hueftenspeck » Logged

Illustrator & 2D Artist<br />https://www.annikamaar.de
Morse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 04:08:19 PM »

http://neila.game <- something around this quality will cost you $1200 per artwork.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic