Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411506 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 10:29:12 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralWhat's your ultimate idea for a game?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: What's your ultimate idea for a game?  (Read 4125 times)
diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2018, 05:00:05 AM »

If I had a lot of money I would do my pet project and I would do it right. However, the question asks what I would do if I had unlimited money, and that's a different story. With unlimited money I wouldn't resist doing something weird and dumb that could never exist unless someone with unlimited money came along.

I'm thinking a game that only runs on a super computer only built to run it. Yeah, that's a good start. Story would be put together by random children. There would be cutscenes with mocap of the most famous actors, Industrial Light and Magic would have to be involved somehow. The music would be composed by an ensemble of musicians locked in a studio for a night. But not any musician. This studio would have a bunch of underground heavy metal bands all playing guitar or drums and John Williams on the bass. Maybe we could have more bass and get other hollywood composer to play bass too.

I could go on but you get the picture.

eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2018, 06:21:14 AM »

A game about a dog chasing it's tail.

Yeah.
Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2018, 11:54:16 PM »

Anyway I strongly believe that even with all the money in the world, quantity will never beat quality!  Smiley

Games:

alvarop
Level 9

ignorant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2018, 07:44:53 AM »

Anyway I strongly believe that even with all the money in the world, quantity will never beat quality!  Smiley

buy some quality you dummy

i make games that can only ever be played once on http://throwaway.fun
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2018, 08:01:35 AM »

Anyway I would rather have a budget of a single quality dollar than a sloppy million dollars  Smiley

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
ViktorTheBoar
Level 3

Hello :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2018, 12:59:33 PM »

Urban fantasy cyberpunk action MMO about fantasy races in our world, but without leveling and the whole game revolves around stealth Ninja

CodeLobe
Level 0

Decide to Act Sensibly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2018, 09:22:03 PM »

Urban fantasy cyberpunk action MMO about fantasy races in our world, but without leveling and the whole game revolves around stealth Ninja

Stealth is implied in the very name of "Shadowrun" (the RPG not the FPS of the same universe).  It has fantasy races in a modern world...

... I guess you could set a level cap at 1?  Would need a good GM and a sense of humor.

Poor franchise, it deserved so much better than the video game treatments it's had.

My ultimate idea for a game?  Fall in love with a Goddess without destroying the world.  It's harder than you think!
Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2018, 12:20:37 AM »

Shadowrun Returns wasn't too bad, no?

Games:

ViktorTheBoar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2018, 01:09:58 AM »

"Shadowrun"

In Shadowrun, magic and fantasy races are a part of everyday world and people are like "it's probably gonna rain, wizards are flying low today". I was thinking more like fantasy elements being hidden from everyday people, so you constantly need to hide from everyone Smiley

Shadowrun Returns wasn't too bad, no?

It was awesome!

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2018, 01:50:04 AM »

a game about piss and pissing
phantaminum
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2018, 08:16:08 AM »

I'm just looking for a good-to-honest MMO game, one that doesn't have subscriptions or a pay-to-win model, one that has a fully interactive environment, one with its own time/aging system....

One can only dream, I guess..

Tusky
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2018, 08:44:51 AM »

I think I would like a game about bowling.

Maybe a bowling based MOBA?
J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2018, 04:15:56 PM »

There is one problem with the idea (but only if you are interested in good games): even when money/budget is unlimited, talent and skill is always limited. And since it is easier to master something with a smaller scope than a larger one, designing a game around more limited hardware will likely result in a better game than shooting for the stars.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
CodeLobe
Level 0

Decide to Act Sensibly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2018, 02:43:02 PM »

designing a game around more limited hardware will likely result in a better game than shooting for the stars.

^- THIS!

Whoo wouldn't want an Actual Retro Game for old platforms ABOUT shooting celebrities?!

Basically, "I'm O.K. -- A Murder Simulator" 90210 edition.
Bonus if it has "on disk" Day1 DLC: "D.C. vs Govenator" expansion pack.
ViktorTheBoar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2018, 08:38:11 AM »

Basically, "I'm O.K. -- A Murder Simulator" 90210 edition.

That sounds a lot like Starship Troopers.

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2018, 09:06:10 AM »

like witcher 3 but with god of war graphics
Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2018, 06:22:55 AM »

There is one problem with the idea (but only if you are interested in good games): even when money/budget is unlimited, talent and skill is always limited. And since it is easier to master something with a smaller scope than a larger one, designing a game around more limited hardware will likely result in a better game than shooting for the stars.

It depends, someone could be unskilled in any field but have a lot of money to buy a lot of assets on a store, or pay other developers to realise the game. Probably it is better to be skilled and have less money than viceversa, but AAA teaches a lesson, even with big budget games and amazing graphics + a great market campaign, a game that is bad can sell millions of copy. So my opinion is that unfortunately money wins most of the time.

Games:

J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2018, 02:00:32 PM »

So my opinion is that unfortunately money wins most of the time.
Well possible, but your point is orthogonal to mine.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
alvarop
Level 9

ignorant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2018, 07:16:42 AM »

A game about a dog chasing it's tail.

legit the only good idea in this thread  Noir

i make games that can only ever be played once on http://throwaway.fun
Razz
Level 6

subtle shitposter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2018, 01:42:20 AM »

So I've been following Ocarina of Time / A Link to the Past randomizers lately, and I keep wondering how that format would work applied to a completely original game world. For people who don't know, essentially what randomizers do is shuffle all the items in a game logically so it's still possible to beat. This leads to some really crazy playthroughs where you're going through like half the game without a sword and entering all the dungeons out of order. It's actually really fun once you get into it and I think people should give it a shot if it sounds like something you would enjoy. OoT randomizer removes like 90% of the cutscenes so it's possible to beat it in 6-10 hours.

But, imagine that same concept applied to an original setting / world. The story could be presented the same way as Dark Souls, minimal cutscenes and vital information instead explained through item descriptions and level design. Additionally, designing a world specifically around randomizer could possibly create even more possibilities than what is possible in these rom hacks. I was talking to a friend about this recently and he mentioned how the worlds in roguelikes are randomly generated, but the difference here is that the world would still be hand-crafted.

I would really like to see some talented devs tackle this idea, because I'm lazy as shit and nowhere near ready to tackle a project of that magnitude. So if anybody wants to steal this idea, consider it a free pass.  Ninja

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic