Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 11:26:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsChips Cacaophony Music Contest!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Chips Cacaophony Music Contest!  (Read 2014 times)
johnfn
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2018, 09:52:36 AM »

Hi guys!

I'm running a multi-round music competition called the CACAOPHONY. It starts at the beginning of March. There are no huge awards - it's a competition about getting better and having fun. Oh, and you're invited! Smiley

ROUNDS

Your goal in the CACAOPHONY is to write original music, qualify into the final round, and win!

The way that you qualify is to score over 100 points combined in all the songs you submit to the qualification rounds.

In the qualifications rounds, you’ll write a song. Once the deadline is up, everyone will listen and vote on everyone’s songs. I will announce the results after the deadline is over, and the top 15 or so scorers will receive points based on how well they did.

ROUND TYPES

There are two types of rounds:

1. Normal rounds, where you write any type of song.

2. BONUS ROUNDS, which have stupid or nonsensical requirements and will give you some trivial amount of points for winning.

ROUND ORDER

Main Round 1 (3/3 - 3/11)
Bonus Round! (3/12 - 3/16)
Main Round 2 (3/17 - 3/25)
Bonus Round! 2 (3/26 - 3/30)
Main round 3 (3/31 - 4/8)
Bonus Round! 3 (4/9 - 4/13)

[100 points required from here]

Final (Bonus) Round (4/16-4/19)
FINAL ROUND (4/12-5/5) (two weeks!)

FAQ

Are collabs allowed? YES, up to two people!

Can I submit 500 songs? No.

Can I submit more than 1 song? Still no.

Can I use an old project, or borrow a melody, or... All songs must be original and made from scratch! Evidence of the contrary will be a ban, or maybe a DQ if the judges feel generous!

------------------

Here's the official page, which will fill out as the competition gets underway! https://www.chipscompo.com/cacaophony

I'm working on Dream Harbor, a time-rewriting action-RPG, I run a music competition website, and I do other stuff too sometimes.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic