Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411476 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 05:12:52 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessGbR partnership / Steam advice request
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: GbR partnership / Steam advice request  (Read 914 times)
marcuz
Level 0

I draw stuff

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2018, 02:15:59 PM »

Hi, I’m Marco the artist of “Aeon of Sand" https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=24705.0, in partnership with programmer SiENcE.
We are currently at the final stage of development and aim to release the game this year.

Our company is GbR society of 2 people, and in reading the instruction for Steam partnership we stumble on a statement on Steamwork declaring:

“due to the complexity of obtaining proper tax documentation we cannot enter into a Steam Distribution Agreement with partnerships that exist outside the US, if that partnership is taxed at the individual partner(s) versus the partnership level.”

Which apparently a GbR is.

I would like to know whether someone here at TIG has been in the same or similar situation and has some advice on what to do.

We live in different countries and for various reasons we could not convert the GbR into a UG (or GmbH) at the moment, mainly because we are employed by other companies.

I understand that a solution could also be to look for a publisher who works as an intermediary: Do you have experience working with a publisher or are there routes you can recommend?

Thank you very much!

SamSerious
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 07:26:37 AM »

from https://partner.steamgames.com/steamdirect/

Tax information
You’ll be directed through a brief tax questionnaire to determine your tax status and withholding rate. The information you need in order to complete the questionnaire will depend on whether you are signing up as an individual or as a company, and where you or your company is located. US citizens and corporations will need information similar to that found on form W-9. Citizens and corporations in a country with US tax treaty status will need information similar to that found on form W-8BEN.
there are some embeded links, so check out the website. But in general, it sounds like German companies should be able to sell games on Steam.
marcuz
Level 0

I draw stuff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 08:41:56 AM »

Thanks; at this point, we're probably going to try the registration normally, and adjust if rejected.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic