Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 07:37:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSadmoons: Clouds of Melancholy
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Sadmoons: Clouds of Melancholy  (Read 2577 times)
Kaworu Nagisa
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 26, 2009, 01:03:41 PM »

Game menu.

Albion's street.

Mr. Censor's apartment.

Mr. Censor chara designs.

Game's music excerpt: http://sadmoons.com/players/Clouds-of-Melancholy.mp3 (right click and "Save As..." to download)

"Clouds of Melancholy" will be something between visual novel and art game, I believe. In about 4-5 minutes you will be able to experience one hour from life of Mr. Censor. Experience his long-awaited reflections, his pain, regret and suffering. As he walks home, enters his apartment, faces his past he gets deeper and deeper inside himself. Until he admits who he really is, who he has became and asks for help. And then... something mysterious happens. (can't spoil it for you Smiley)

"Clouds of Melancholy" is going to be first of at least couple of games set in Sadmoons world that I work on. World of Sadmoons (or World of Naya) is absolutely fictional and I dare to say unique. It is inhabited by at least four nations (industrial Gothia, spiritual and animistic Shamans, mysterious Darklings and ever-changing Pirates). "Clouds of Melancholy" is a little story about one single man living in Albion -- the capitol of Gothia. Censorship is his profession. His purpose, his cross to bear.

If you would like to know more about Sadmoons please visit our website: http://www.sadmoons.com

I especially recommend reading "Naya Archives": http://sadmoons.com/naya/
It is a great place to start and solid fulfillment to "Clouds".

Thanks for reading  Gentleman
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 07:24:36 AM by Kaworu Nagisa » Logged

Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 01:10:30 PM »

First things first: Introduce yourself in the proper thread. Second, if you're looking for feedback, this is the wrong place; we have a designated Feedback area- Devlogs are for WIP projects.
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 01:45:48 PM »

Looks like it's in the right place, Theo...? I don't know why he'd post a game with no public release in feedback. Droop

Hi Kaworu. Game looks cool so far. Lots of style, and it's interesting to see black with light outlines that isn't a boring attempt to make things look electronic.
There's not much to say about it yet though, basic style, no obvious problems, no real description of what the game is going to be like.

Keep us posted, man.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 02:02:52 PM »

Ah, my bad; I thought it was complete, but the link proved me wrong. The project does look interesting, and I'll be eager to see how it turns out.
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 05:12:46 PM »

That's a mighty fine first post. I really dig the colour scheme. However: Whilst the buildings look good, they don't exactly fit the player sprite/indoor background. Is this a deliberate technique? You know, separation of inside/outside worlds and such. Anyways, looks really cool! Short game huh? Hope to play it soon.
Kaworu Nagisa
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 12:12:28 AM »

Thanks for the feedback  Gentleman

I will write something more soon (definitely).
Short track that I wrote and that inspired me to write a story that I have eventually converted into "Clouds of Melancholy" game is what I want to give you now.

Track: http://sadmoons.com/players/Clouds-of-Melancholy.mp3
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 01:18:58 AM by Kaworu Nagisa » Logged

Kaworu Nagisa
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 07:29:37 AM »

So I found some time and I feel better today (sun, sun!!). I have updated the main post, hopefully it tells a bit more about the story now.

@Gainsworthy
Hm. I did the buildings the way I felt is the best to create the desirable atmosphere (I'm a poor draughtsman, unfortunately). One thing will change for sure because once I have spot it I cannot stand the lack of realism. building is not tall enough unless main character would be 2-2,5m tall and that's not what I had in my mind.
Definitely, I wanted to show a bit hollow place because everything player will experience in "Clouds" will be from Mr. Censor's point of view. The world he sees is what player should see and (hopefully) be able to feel.
And yes, very short game, much more work that I have expected, though Smiley

Kaworu Nagisa
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 08:36:41 AM »

Painting.

Introduction.

Two more screenshots before the release  Coffee (hopefully in next week)

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic