Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 04:16:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting[Android] Dance Disaster
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Android] Dance Disaster  (Read 533 times)
PasqualeBoi
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2018, 07:52:18 PM »

Hello all!

I have created and released my first game for Android phones, Dance Disaster!

I have been working on it during my spare time for around a year and im looking for all sorts of feedback!

Any sort of criticism is welcome, harsh or nice!

The main complaint I have heard amongst friends is that there are no instructions/tutorial on how to play. Please look at the game description in the Google Play Store listing if you need any details on how to play the game!

Games like Flappy bird and Jetpack Joyride were major inspirations for the game, as they both get harder/faster overtime and dont explain much to the player. I kind of want people to figure the game out on their own, but I may have gone too far with that.

Please let me know what you think!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.PatrickTedesco.DanceDisaster
AlexGK
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 01:40:13 PM »

Hi there:

Ok, here' my take on this game:

Good:
  • Camera shake effect mixes up well with the music, which itself has nice rythm.
  • Game over fade/slow-mo transition looks cool.
  • The swipe gesture works like a charm!
  • The concept of rule changing is interesting.

Bad:
  • Ok, I don't mean to be rude. The biggest issue with the game is that the art style is just horrendous. Everything: logo, main menu background, even the icon on the store, it's all repulsive.
  • Gameplay elements are too abstract. Probably the main reason why players don't understand what's going on. Maybe if instead of icons, the graphics would show real people dancing: a drug dealer, a girl with big lips, etc., and you're dancing all goofy while trying to avoid hitting those other people.
  • Even if the rule changing concept sound cool, it's not well executed. At least in my case, once I get hit with a projectile, it's basically game over, because there are too many projectiles coming from all directions from the very beginning, and it won't give me time to get used to the change of rules. It's supposed to be one of the game's main features, but the design doesn't give it a chance to shine. Maybe if those side effects were temporary, and you could get hit multiple times, then it'd be a nice and funny mechanic.
PasqualeBoi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 07:43:32 PM »

Hi there:

Ok, here' my take on this game:

Good:
  • Camera shake effect mixes up well with the music, which itself has nice rythm.
  • Game over fade/slow-mo transition looks cool.
  • The swipe gesture works like a charm!
  • The concept of rule changing is interesting.

Bad:
  • Ok, I don't mean to be rude. The biggest issue with the game is that the art style is just horrendous. Everything: logo, main menu background, even the icon on the store, it's all repulsive.
  • Gameplay elements are too abstract. Probably the main reason why players don't understand what's going on. Maybe if instead of icons, the graphics would show real people dancing: a drug dealer, a girl with big lips, etc., and you're dancing all goofy while trying to avoid hitting those other people.
  • Even if the rule changing concept sound cool, it's not well executed. At least in my case, once I get hit with a projectile, it's basically game over, because there are too many projectiles coming from all directions from the very beginning, and it won't give me time to get used to the change of rules. It's supposed to be one of the game's main features, but the design doesn't give it a chance to shine. Maybe if those side effects were temporary, and you could get hit multiple times, then it'd be a nice and funny mechanic.

Hey there,
Thanks for the great feedback! Alot of the people that have talked to me about the game are all friends/family, so its great to heat an outside perspective. Thanks for taking the time to play my game!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic