Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 03:23:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingDepths of Peril - action RPG
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Depths of Peril - action RPG  (Read 2341 times)
StevenPeeler
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: October 23, 2007, 12:38:52 PM »

Depths of Peril is already on sale, but feedback is always welcome.
Download the demo here (~67MB).

Depths of Peril is a single player action role-playing game (rpg) with strong strategy elements. You play as a faction leader protecting the barbarian city, Jorvik, by destroying threatening monsters and completing quests. At the same time, you compete with rival factions to see who will rule the city. Barbarians choose their leaders by fighting to the death!

As a faction leader, you must deal with rival factions through diplomacy, trade, and in time, war. Between battles and raids against other barbarian factions, you build the most powerful faction possible, to withstand your enemies. Building the power of a faction involves exploring a fantasy world, slaying dangerous monsters, solving quests for the city, avoiding deadly traps, and plundering loot to share within your faction.

But in this world, actions actually have consequences, so take care. Annoying the powerful and aggressive Legion of Fear faction will cause them to declare war and destroy you. Ignored Orc uprisings in the Black Forest will cause even more trouble. Protect ally covenants that are being raided, because friends are hard to come by.

Here's a couple screenshots, click to see the full sized screenshot.  You can see more screenshots here.

Minimum specs:
  Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista
  1.2 GHz Pentium 4 (or other equivalent)
  128MB RAM
  GeForce 2 (or other equivalent)
  150MB of hard drive space

Recommended specs:
  2.0 GHz Pentium 4 (or other equivalent)
  256MB RAM
  GeForce 3 or better (or other equivalent)

Specs are always subjective, so try the demo. Smiley

Steven Peeler
Drox Operative, Din's Curse, Depths of Peril, Kivi's Underworld
Soldak Entertainment
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 08:53:53 AM »

I don't mind giving your game feedback but I'll wait till you got a couple of post going before I do...

The game looks interesting tho!

Since the game is already for sale, what kind of feedback are you looking for? Are you still going to work on this title?

Later!

StevenPeeler
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 11:25:25 AM »

I'm not looking for anything specific at the moment, so anything is fair game.

I do plan on supporting the game for a good while, through patches and hopefully later expansion packs.  So far I've done 3 patches for the game based on user feedback.  I do listen and try to act on feedback.

Steven Peeler
Drox Operative, Din's Curse, Depths of Peril, Kivi's Underworld
Soldak Entertainment
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic