Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 11:17:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallDASH: One Month Since Reveal
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: DASH: One Month Since Reveal  (Read 426 times)
Baby Duka
Level 0

Baby Duka

View Profile WWW
« on: March 03, 2018, 05:26:34 AM »

DASH stands for Danger Action Speed Heroes and is a new low-res, 2D platformer creation tool created by Copenhagen-based production studio Baby Duka:

• Hero Customization: Choose your Hero's powers, strength and weaknesses
  • Set up a story: Who is your Hero, who is the nemesis?
  • Shape the atmosphere: What are the graphics? Greyscale foggy forest? Narita Boy-like RGB offsetting? Commodore 64 palette? VGA mood? Or the ancient and powerful world of the CGA
  • Audio flexibility: What does your Hero sound like? What is the song that plays when you break the record?
  • Wrap your best levels in a 'World' and share it with the world

Today I want to show you the progress from the first pitch with the prototype here in the Townhall one month ago to now where slowly the game is being shaped into a vertical slice.

My name is Jakob Overgaard and I'm the designer and programmer on DASH. Twice every week, plus some more, since 1st of February 2018 I've streamed the development on Twitch and uploaded the significant updates to our IndieDB blog.

Last Friday I had platformer master and level design expert Jeppe Carlsen (140, THOTH) come by the Baby Duka studio and after half an hour of Jeppe playing DASH I had lots of precious, wild feedback-notes on my whiteboard.

where the player mechanics have been refined and tweaked after Jeppe broke the game  Evil

On the Baby Duka YouTube channel there's hours of development streams.

Every Wednesday (8pm GMT) and Saturday (6pm GMT) I live stream the development and chat about ideas we want to put in the machine!

So lots of good stuff has happened and if you're an expert platformer or devine level designer, join the chat for some discussion and development of a new low-res 2D platformer creation tool. Drop by today  Coffee

Twitch
Twitter
Newsletter & Baby Duka's home
IndieDB

Baby Duka Studio, Copenhagen
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic