Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 07:01:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerTable TalkInkscape extension for the layout of sheets of cards, tiles, or counters
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Inkscape extension for the layout of sheets of cards, tiles, or counters  (Read 6638 times)
pelle
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: March 03, 2018, 07:13:27 AM »

Today I posted a first pre-release of my free Inkscape extension version 2.1 (almost to the day 10 years since I posted the very first version) for the layout of sheets of cards, tiles, or counters for boardgames (although you can use it or abuse it as just another boring mail-merge tool as well). Would love to get some feedback and I realised I do not think I have spammed this forum (much?) about it in the past, so maybe there is someone here into designing card or boardgames (or making paper prototypes for their digital games) that could find this tool useful. Always good to get some new eyes on it (issues and pull requests on GitHub are very welcome).

https://github.com/lifelike/countersheetsextension

https://github.com/lifelike/countersheetsextension/releases

Data in CSV, templates in SVG, generates SVG+PNG+PDF sheets of whatever the things are that you want. Adds registration marks to make it easy to cut out the things and all sorts of convenient features added over the years. One important feature has always been the stuff that helps position things properly for two-sided things, so when you want cardboard tokens/markers/counters/tiles with different things on each side that lines up correctly without having to manually position things, that is a big time-saver.

(For production use at the moment it is probably safer to go with the old 2.0.2 release, even if 2.1pre1 fixes some bugs and might be more stable, but it has not been very extensively tested yet so it might have some stupid problems.)

« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 09:03:25 AM by pelle » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic