Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 04:17:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsLet's Go Somewhere New! [Atmospheric 2d Exploration]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Let's Go Somewhere New! [Atmospheric 2d Exploration]  (Read 1872 times)
dspencer
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« on: March 06, 2018, 04:14:26 PM »

Let's Go Somewhere New!

"A wanderer stuck in our strange world. I see. Well, let's find a way for you to continue your journey, shall we?"
Check out the demo here: http://indspenceable.com/lets_go_somewhere_new/ (WASD + Space + Enter)

Let's Go Somewhere New is a short game about exploration set in a quirky watercolor world inspired by the likes of the 2d Zelda games, Banjo-Kazooie, and Earthbound, with a focus on atmosphere. Solve puzzles and riddles, talk to the locals, and hope across pits to make your way across the land. Discover the differences that come with the setting sun - you'll need to explore both during the day and at nighttime to progress.

Some inhabitants only come out at day or night! What else has changed?

We're aiming for a release around the beginning of May, 2018. Let's Go Somewhere New will be totally free Smiley

~~~~~ Characters ~~~~~

This is the protagonist. Not too much is known about them...

Reilly the dog is another traveler. He's a bit more acquainted with the land than you are, though, and is always glad to share what he's learned. If you ever need a bit of company and a quick rundown of the area, Reilly's your best bet. You'll usually be able to find him near the entrance to a new area.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 07:54:56 AM by dspencer » Logged

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 04:56:36 PM »

YES YES YES KEEP IT UP ALL I SAW WAS THE ARE BUT BOY HOWDY IM IN TIME TO READ THE POST ACTUALLY

edit: yep

i played graveyard birds btw. youre good. stay good

cynicalsandel
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 08:05:26 PM »

sign me the heck up

edit: am i supposed to automatically walk right in the demo?

was a problem with my controller sorry
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 08:34:02 PM by cynicalsandel » Logged

lyon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 11:36:29 AM »

Following this thread to the ends of the earth
dspencer
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 03:10:07 PM »

Thank ya'll so much for the kind words Smiley We're working hard on having something new to show soon  Wink

JonKelliher
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 01:18:07 PM »

Really like the aesthetic for this! Looks kinda like if Oracle of Seasons and Yoshi's Island had a child.

archgame
Level 2

I program architecture and build video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2018, 09:46:27 PM »

The atmosphere you've created looks really unique. What kind of puzzles are you designing? Do you have any examples you can show?

bynine
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 12:09:23 PM »

hi everyone - bynine here, the artist for Let's Go Somewhere New! we really appreciate your kind words toward our game.

The atmosphere you've created looks really unique. What kind of puzzles are you designing? Do you have any examples you can show?

since this is a fairly cozy, relaxing game, the puzzles are fairly simple. however, they will require some clever thinking! you'll be experiencing a variety of different kinds of brainteasers, like block puzzles, mazes, riddles, and more. we'll be showing off examples in the future.

this next area seems rather chilly. hopefully whoever lives in that igloo can help you out!

https://bynine.itch.io/ - check out my games here!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic