Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 01:16:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDEATH CROWN — 1bit RTS
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: DEATH CROWN — 1bit RTS  (Read 5888 times)
CO5MONAUT
Level 0

Death Crown developer

View Profile WWW
« on: March 10, 2018, 01:49:01 AM »

Who am I
Hello, my name is CO5MONAUT. I'm indie developer and I'd like to show you what I'm working on right now.
What game is this
DEATH CROWN is a fast 1-bit strategy with local multiplayer. There are only 4 buttons in the game: all you need to do is build barracks for recruiting troops, build farms to receive money and build towers for protection, as well as one pin to guide troops. The goal of the game is destruction the enemy's citadel before the enemy will destroy yours.

Game Lore
There are 2 fractions in the game: alive and dead. I came up with a little background of the conflict.

At the end of the millennial war, when all the cemeteries were overcrowded with the bodies of the dead warriors, came the one who was called The King. Thanks to his unyielding will, King managed to subdue and unite all the lands. The Kingdom appeared, and the era of the Human began.
The King ruled wisely and fairly, but his time on this land ran out: Death came after him. But the will of the King was so strong that he could deny Death.
He was so proud that he humiliated Death itself. The idea of the overwhelming power and immortality didn't leave his mind. The King realized that power over the living was not enough for him.
The King decided to get the powerful artefact known as the Death Crown. Thus the War of the Death Crown begins.

Development
At the moment the BATLLE part of the game is ready for ~70%. Also I plan to add:
  • Small campaign is for one player with global map
  • Some gameplay features
  • New playable race?
I plan to finish the game in 2018 2019.

Can I play?
Now you can play the DEATH CROWN alpha. Unfortunately, I have not finished the bot yet, but there is a possibility of playing with one keyboard. But two gamepads is strongly recommended!
https://co5monaut.itch.io/death-crown

Can I subscribe?
You can also subscribe to the page in the STEAM, so as not to miss the release with:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/814530/Death_Crown/
and my twitter:
https://twitter.com/CO5MONAUT

and sorry for my English :c

« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 02:57:35 AM by CO5MONAUT » Logged

jg.camarasa
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 04:21:26 AM »

Damn, the style is sooo clean!

Also really loving the idea man. Were you inspired by Tooth & Tail in some way?

Please keep working on this, I want to see more!

CO5MONAUT
Level 0

Death Crown developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 04:34:37 AM »

I was inspired by retro games like Beyond Dark Castle and others
Do not worry, the game will be released c:

IndieGameFiend
Level 0

IndieGameFiend.Net

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 04:12:49 PM »

just added this to my wishlist a little while ago. looks original!

CO5MONAUT
Level 0

Death Crown developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 08:35:35 AM »

Hello, TIG!
I want to show you a new feature - black crystals:
grab black crystals to improve your warriors

for undead side: skeleton—lich—twins—death lord

for knight side: pikeman—archer—paladin— knight of light

version will be soon
I hope
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 04:31:42 AM by CO5MONAUT » Logged

Pixelologist
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2018, 09:21:42 AM »

Just a head's up about the music in your steam page trailer. That's Grieg - In the Hall of the Mountain King, a copyrighted song. If you don't own the rights to the song, and use it as you have, then legal action can be taken against you for copyright infringement. If you really want the song that bad then you'll have to purchase the rights to the song through way of licensed agreement with the original rights holder. Which is a very expensive process.

This is why you see AAA games using songs from a band like Led Zeppelin in their game trailers. They can afford to buy the rights to that song.

CO5MONAUT
Level 0

Death Crown developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2018, 09:34:52 AM »

Just a head's up about the music in your steam page trailer. That's Grieg - In the Hall of the Mountain King, a copyrighted song. If you don't own the rights to the song, and use it as you have, then legal action can be taken against you for copyright infringement. If you really want the song that bad then you'll have to purchase the rights to the song through way of licensed agreement with the original rights holder. Which is a very expensive process.

This is why you see AAA games using songs from a band like Led Zeppelin in their game trailers. They can afford to buy the rights to that song.

Specifically this version of music is distributed by a free license, do not worry c:

SLiV
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2018, 01:36:13 AM »

I am in absolute awe of what you managed to achieve with a 1-bit palette!

@sanderintveld -- Currently working on Epicinium, a turn-based strategy game where nature is a finite resource. Now live on Kickstarter!
LyricalReverie
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2018, 06:56:10 AM »

I adore 1bit art. Consider me hooked.
CO5MONAUT
Level 0

Death Crown developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2019, 04:08:31 AM »

Hi, TIG!
I have not written anything for a long time, because the project was paused.
But recently I found a cool programmer, and we transitioned the project from Construct 2 to Unity3D. And also added a bot, and many minor edits:
  • mouse control
  • opportunity to build difficult roads
  • new fences for the undead
  • new citadels for both factions
  • new barracks undead
  • new Undead Tower
  • the beginnings of a company

In the GIF, two bots fight each other!

And we have already begun to make a campaign that will look something like this:

You will be able to enjoy the updated version of the game soon. Subscribe to the game on the steam
https://store.steampowered.com/app/814530/Death_Crown/ ( ◞・౪・)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 04:31:12 AM by CO5MONAUT » Logged

Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2019, 04:51:58 AM »

I love the look and feel of this!

CO5MONAUT
Level 0

Death Crown developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2019, 01:51:54 AM »

Hey, watch the intro for the Death Crown! I am very interested to know what you think about it?

Yong
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2019, 03:50:09 AM »

Woah, the king is way creepy.

I like it.  Hand Thumbs Up Left

CO5MONAUT
Level 0

Death Crown developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2019, 05:58:28 AM »

Hi, TIG!

Great news! We have a new public demo for you!
We were alone with ourselves for a long time, and did not share the news about the development. Now we are at that stage of development, when we do not understand very well how good our game is. We hope that the gameplay of the game is already over. And we want you to try it out! It will be great if you help us by giving feedback.

In this demo version you will be able to complete a small training mission, as well as two small missions with a bot.
Enjoy!
You can download the demo on itch.io!

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2019, 02:33:29 PM »

i served in the milennial war and wrote passionate love letters for my wife in the notes app which got wiped when i tried to update ios during an air raid and died. glory to my dead brethren who may or may not have been better at communicating with their loved ones in waking life.
Sustrato
Level 1

It's a good day to die.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2019, 12:13:14 PM »

I love the intro! Only thing I would add is a lil poof, just a small tear in reality, when the four minion wizards are exiled. The king's maniacal laughter is so well animated!

Will check out the demo when I have a chance!

mihaipuiucernea
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2019, 08:13:31 PM »

Hiya!

Tried the demo and my first impression is that you have a solid foundation for something special.
The only minus imo, albeit a small one, is that I found the tutorial a bit confusing, despite the on-screen tips.

I got to the part with the black crystals. First, I didn't relaize you need to build under them to 'get' them.
Then I had to destroy some gates, which are actually 3 tower looking buildings. I initially thought about the fence that marks your area and noticed that placing a crypt near the fence (on an adjacent tile) enlrges my area and makes the fence disappear and I thought that's it.
Then I noticed that there are 3 tower looking structures in the Northern part of the map so I realized those are the gates and I enlaregd my area until I got to them and then sent my soldiers to destroy them.

The mechanics so far seem very interesting and intuitive.

I do hope you'll be implementing a campaign for those of us who don't have anyone to play MP with.
Keep up the good work.

CO5MONAUT
Level 0

Death Crown developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2019, 09:37:54 PM »

Hiya!

Tried the demo and my first impression is that you have a solid foundation for something special.
The only minus imo, albeit a small one, is that I found the tutorial a bit confusing, despite the on-screen tips.

I got to the part with the black crystals. First, I didn't relaize you need to build under them to 'get' them.
Then I had to destroy some gates, which are actually 3 tower looking buildings. I initially thought about the fence that marks your area and noticed that placing a crypt near the fence (on an adjacent tile) enlrges my area and makes the fence disappear and I thought that's it.
Then I noticed that there are 3 tower looking structures in the Northern part of the map so I realized those are the gates and I enlaregd my area until I got to them and then sent my soldiers to destroy them.

The mechanics so far seem very interesting and intuitive.

I do hope you'll be implementing a campaign for those of us who don't have anyone to play MP with.
Keep up the good work.

Thank you very much for the informative feedback! It is very useful and important for us! The tutorial turned out not very successful and a bit confusing. We will continue to improve our game and consider all your feedback.

RichSG
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2019, 12:22:16 PM »

Just played the demo - really good fun! I think the concept works really well, and it was very easy to get into and get to grips with what needed to be done. Also the art style, UI and music come together very well.

One thing that wasn't really clear to me is about the strategy for setting waypoints for your troops. The tutorial says they will destroy anything in their way, so is it better to just always send them towards the enemy castle and they will destroy buildings on the way? Or do you want to maybe target specific buildings of the enemy to do things like reduce their territory? But then what happens if you set a waypoint to a building that they then destroy? From the first level it looked like if they reach a hex tile and the target is gone, units just die?

Anyway, really nice demo, looking forward to seeing how this shapes up! Good job  Hand Thumbs Up Left
Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2019, 03:14:55 PM »

I like it, it's unique

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic