Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1347599 Posts in 61900 Topics- by 53550 Members - Latest Member: arianapham

September 22, 2018, 02:00:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDEATH CROWN — 1bit RTS
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: DEATH CROWN — 1bit RTS  (Read 717 times)
CO5MONAUT
Level 0

Death Crown developer

View Profile WWW
« on: March 10, 2018, 01:49:01 AM »

Who am I
Hello, my name is CO5MONAUT. I'm indie developer and I'd like to show you what I'm working on right now.
What game is this
DEATH CROWN is a fast 1-bit strategy with local multiplayer. There are only 4 buttons in the game: all you need to do is build barracks for recruiting troops, build farms to receive money and build towers for protection, as well as one pin to guide troops. The goal of the game is to break the enemy's fortress before the enemy breaks yours.

Game Lore
There are 2 factions in the game: live and dead. I came up with a little background of the conflict:

At the end of the millennial war, when all the cemeteries were overcrowded with the bodies of the dead warriors, came the one who was called The King. Thanks to his unyielding will, King managed to subdue and unite all the lands. The Kingdom appeared, and the era of the Human began.
The King ruled wisely and fairly, but his time on this land ran out: Death came after him. But the will of the King was so strong that he could deny Death.
He was so proud that he humiliated Death itself. The idea of the overwhelming power and immortality didn't leave his mind. The King realized that power over the living was not enough for him.
The King decided to get the powerful artefact known as the Death Crown. Thus begins the War of the Death Crown.

Development
At the moment the BATLLE part of the game is ready for ~70%. Also I plan to add:
  • Small company to the game for one player with global map
  • Some gameplay features
  • New playable race?
I plan to finish the game in 2018.

Can I play?
Now you can play in the DEATH CROWN alpha. Unfortunately I have not finished the bot yet, but there is a possibility of playing with one keyboard. But two gamepad is strongly recommended!
https://co5monaut.itch.io/death-crown

Can I subscribe?
You can also subscribe to the page in the STEAM, so as not to miss the release with:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/814530/Death_Crown/
and my twitter:
https://twitter.com/CO5MONAUT

and sorry for my English :c

« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 02:14:16 AM by CO5MONAUT » Logged

jg.camarasa
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 04:21:26 AM »

Damn, the style is sooo clean!

Also really loving the idea man. Were you inspired by Tooth & Tail in some way?

Please keep working on this, I want to see more!

CO5MONAUT
Level 0

Death Crown developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 04:34:37 AM »

I was inspired by retro games like Beyond Dark Castle and others
Do not worry, the game will be released c:

IndieGameFiend
Level 0

IndieGameFiend.Net

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 04:12:49 PM »

just added this to my wishlist a little while ago. looks original!

CO5MONAUT
Level 0

Death Crown developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 08:35:35 AM »

Hello, TIG!
I want to show you a new feature - black crystals:
grab black crystals to improve your warriors

for undead side: skeleton—lich—twins—death lord

for knight side: pikeman—archer—paladin— knight of light

version will be soon
I hope

Pixelologist
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2018, 09:21:42 AM »

Just a head's up about the music in your steam page trailer. That's Grieg - In the Hall of the Mountain King, a copyrighted song. If you don't own the rights to the song, and use it as you have, then legal action can be taken against you for copyright infringement. If you really want the song that bad then you'll have to purchase the rights to the song through way of licensed agreement with the original rights holder. Which is a very expensive process.

This is why you see AAA games using songs from a band like Led Zeppelin in their game trailers. They can afford to buy the rights to that song.

CO5MONAUT
Level 0

Death Crown developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2018, 09:34:52 AM »

Just a head's up about the music in your steam page trailer. That's Grieg - In the Hall of the Mountain King, a copyrighted song. If you don't own the rights to the song, and use it as you have, then legal action can be taken against you for copyright infringement. If you really want the song that bad then you'll have to purchase the rights to the song through way of licensed agreement with the original rights holder. Which is a very expensive process.

This is why you see AAA games using songs from a band like Led Zeppelin in their game trailers. They can afford to buy the rights to that song.

Specifically this version of music is distributed by a free license, do not worry c:

SLiV
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2018, 01:36:13 AM »

I am in absolute awe of what you managed to achieve with a 1-bit palette!

@sanderintveld -- Currently working on Epicinium.
LyricalReverie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2018, 06:56:10 AM »

I adore 1bit art. Consider me hooked.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic