Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411431 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 03:58:19 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat makes you decide a new game is worth your time?
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: What makes you decide a new game is worth your time?  (Read 2425 times)
Gameimake
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2018, 05:42:44 AM »

I don't understand about game A and Game B things?
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2018, 07:11:24 AM »

He broke
Heckert
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2018, 02:46:37 AM »

I trust these male enhancement pills and don't understand about game A and Game B things?

Generally, when I'm deciding whether I should play a game or not, I look at the genre, setting, developers and how well it's been received. Also some hype around the game before the release kind of helps. Pathetic, I know lol. Also, if it's a sequel to a game I liked, I automatically want to play it.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 07:38:16 AM by Heckert » Logged
allthegoodideas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2018, 04:26:56 PM »

I was listening to a developer panel recently, I believe it was at Casual Connect in LA. I really liked how one of the big name guys on stage said that he keeps one general rule in mind when creating a new game. It starts with one idea. Could be a theme, hobby, or whatever and he then builds the game around that one idea without making it too complicated. When you start making the game make sure the UI and game mechanics are easy for the user to learn and adapt to. Good art goes a long way with me but I think that's personal preference. Business strategy will have make or break most users as well. I have never paid for an app that I didn't know what I would get out of it ahead of time, same goes for IAP, and ads need to be well placed and noninvasive and I'm good with that.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic