Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 02:13:35 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTHADDEUS AND THE ORPHANAGE - [Action-Adventure]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: THADDEUS AND THE ORPHANAGE - [Action-Adventure]  (Read 1822 times)
JonKelliher
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: March 11, 2018, 02:08:36 PM »

WHAT IS THADDEUS AND THE ORPHANAGE?

Thaddeus and the Orphanage (Note: I will be offended if this doesn’t get abbreviated to "TATO") is a story driven top-down action-adventure game about an Orphanage, The Bible, Demons, and an Orphan struggling to attain any credibility whatsoever.

----------

STORY

Picture a world where children are born with parents that are unfit to be having kids in the first place, who somehow feel that burdening other people with their own poor life choices will solve all their problems. - Of course, you can’t - that would be really messed up! But let’s just use our imaginations just for a second.

In said world you play as Thaddeus, an orphan at St. Mary’s Orphanage, in his attempt to unravel the mystery behind the disappearances of his fellow orphans.
Discover the secrets of the nuns and their relation to the Demonic Conspiracy. Most importantly, however, learn to become an obedient child through the exemplary teachings of the Holy Bible - which has been kindly (and inconspicuously) scattered around the orphanage for your moral development!

Featuring: Thaddeus, generic-looking Orphans with common biblical names, Demonic Nuns, the Bible, Holy Crosses... more Holy Crosses...
...Seriously! There are so many Holy Crosses it will make your hands bleed…probably.

----------

GAMEPLAY

Explore and Interact with the environment.

Solve puzzles in a demonic parallel dimension.

Adventure with a mysterious & sassy narrator.

Flip stuff upside-down like a boss.

And try not to die in the process!

----------

MINIMALISM

Minimalism is a concept that has inspired TATO on many levels. Things such as:

- Being set solely within the orphanage, if you include an alternate demon dimension in that as well;

- Having a minimal colour palette consisting predominantly of reds and browns, as well as well as the exaggerated use of black;

- Limiting the game to few and simple core mechanics to make you feel much like how you would if you were a powerless orphan being oppressed by begrudging old nuns, and just how harsh other children can make you feel in general;

- Developing the whole game entirely by myself.

----------

YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS NEXT PART!

Good, That got your attention!
I just want to make it clear that the concept of this game is by no means original, nor ground-breaking - no it is not a rogue-like, no the map isn’t a lightyear long, no you cannot play as a furry, and no you cannot compose music for my game!

Instead, it serves as a way to express a personal love for storytelling, a desire to develop in all fields of game development and general creativity, and to find any possible opportunity to provoke thought about our world and/or general existence that we oh so very much take for granted.

Thaddeus thanks for taking the time to check this out!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 08:57:32 AM by JonKelliher » Logged

JonKelliher
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 01:14:03 PM »

Got some music on the way out soon!

Chris MacAdam
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 08:00:32 AM »

Hey this looks awesome, I really like the art style you have, and I am a sucker for dark undertones and themes. Looking forward to this music! Wink

JonKelliher
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 12:56:30 AM »

Hey this looks awesome, I really like the art style you have, and I am a sucker for dark undertones and themes. Looking forward to this music! Wink

Thanks! I appreciate it Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic