Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:43:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsWIP - Project Flare: The Cartoony 2D Beat Em Up
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: WIP - Project Flare: The Cartoony 2D Beat Em Up  (Read 1513 times)
slicky-grease
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: March 14, 2018, 01:17:57 PM »

Description:

Project Flare is a hand-drawn 2D beat em up akin to classics like Battle Toads, Streets of Rage, Muramasa but the visual style itself is akin to Saturday Morning Cartoons(Looney Tunes, Popeye, Ren and Stimpy etc).

The play-style will be a mix between Marvel Vs. Capcom, Muramasa, Bayonetta as Flare fights her way to 5 worlds while collecting some gems on the way to get rich. The plot/story is in the works, but we'll have more on that as development is further ahead.

You play as a young dalmatian lass named Flare as she punches, kicks and uses her amazing fire abilities to fight her way through 5 lands in search of the great King Karropt's "Ultimate Treasure". She isn't trying to saved the world or a prince or anything like that. She just wants to get the treasure so she can get rich and get some ganja(and help her grandparents).

But she is not the only one searching for the treasure.The Bugan army, a militia consisting of beetles and various goons, is runned by the fearful Lord Rhino,a rhinoceros beetle, who will stop at nothing to get the treasure for himself.

Progress:

The game is very early in development and we are still working on the basics but here is what we been working on:

The goal is to have 5 worlds/ 5 unique bosses with dozens of objectives for Flare to do in-between (bonus stages included). I want to include 7 worlds, but I will have to see depending on the time I have and the budget.  All of this is a very early WIP so the final art,designs etc will all change Smiley

It's only just 2 people working on Project Flare. I, myself as the artist/animator/background artist etc and Joe Ellis as the programmer. We do not know if we are going to hire anyone else for art,programming, etc because it can get expensive and it takes money, but if we do have some cash, we'll be looking on here and other places.

As you see We still have a long ways to go, but it has been a learning experience for the both of us and I hope to release a quality game when it comes to release.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 07:08:00 PM by slicky-grease » Logged
slicky-grease
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 06:19:59 AM »

More progress on "Project Flare". We fleshed out the air combo a bit(which needs a ton of tweaking), added a few basic enemy types and added a health system. Everything is subject to change Smiley

alyxjones
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 11:27:37 AM »

Ah this is really cool! Nice work! Smiley
slicky-grease
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 05:44:32 AM »

Some More Progress, we added one of those practice backgrounds I been working on as an test. We also added the slide animation. This is coming a long slowly, but surely, but we still have a long way to go
Pixelologist
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 08:13:32 AM »

What's the species of the main character? Tell us about your protagonist! She's important! You didn't do it in your OP.
slicky-grease
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2018, 02:43:45 PM »

Here are some work in process animations I been working on. There apart of Flare's move pool. They are not complete yet and I hope to make some corrections to them in the up coming weeks. Also, I hope to have more info on the plot as well Smiley

slicky-grease
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2018, 05:33:04 AM »

Should have posted this last week, but didn't.

This is starting to come together. This isn't the final art through and everything could change, but there is where the background and art direction is heading to. Composition wise, there needs a lot of work between Flare and the background objects because they need to be bigger.

If anyone has suggestions, please let me know.   

slicky-grease
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2018, 02:59:12 PM »

Some more progress. It is still very early, but we are getting somewhere with it. I hope to add more in the upcoming weeks:)

sbeast
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2018, 11:38:44 AM »

Hey man is this still going ahead? I was following the progress but it seems to have stopped for a while.
Also, I would be interested in helping out with the music if you still need any?

Sbeast - Composer / Cover Artist / Guitarist
http://luxbellator.com/portfolio
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic