Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 02:43:03 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsLudum Dare 41 (Apr 20-23) [COMBINE TWO INCOMPATIBLE GENRES]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Ludum Dare 41 (Apr 20-23) [COMBINE TWO INCOMPATIBLE GENRES]  (Read 17741 times)
SelfTitled
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2018, 07:38:34 AM »

Yay LD games :D
well done to all who made a game

My entry is a realish time-turn based stratedgy game, where you only get to act once every 3 seconds.
Its called R-Trooper Squad and can be found at the link below:
https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/41/r-trooper-squad

@Tifu - Wow you did a lot there, cool the concept brought back memories of Diddy Kong Racing
@Silkworm_sweatshop - You turned me into a child murderer

Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2018, 09:54:58 AM »

Hi, I made a text-based city-building simulation RPG for ld41

https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/41/city
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2018, 01:44:21 AM »

Street Chess
A game by David Williamson

Fed up of waiting for your opponent to move during games of Chess? Well nows your lucky day!

Introducing 'Street Chess'.

A fast paced, no holds barred, game of Chess. Play any* move at any time. But wait, there's more! 'Street Chess' features a fully realised darkly noir story mode. Enter the murky underworld of illegal 'Street Chess' to find out what happened to your missing brother.

Hours of fun for the whole family.

Ludum Dare Page

*All legal Chess moves are available. Including but not restricted to En Passant, Castling, Queening, etc.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 01:54:44 AM by Oddball » Logged

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2018, 09:56:20 AM »

Bit late to post! Had some issues to deal with yesterday and then I basically slept all day today, but here it is!

https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/41/shutin

My Mac still isn't coming on so I'm going to see what I can do about that before I play any of your games. Calling some place to see what it might cost tomorrw. The one I jammed on isn't super suited to it (the web version of my game somehow runs better than the native version, so Unity people clearly still have some stuff to work on in that regard, and there's also no resolution dialogue in the Linux build...).

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2018, 11:56:58 PM »

Street Chess
A game by David Williamson

Fed up of waiting for your opponent to move during games of Chess? Well nows your lucky day!

Introducing 'Street Chess'.

A fast paced, no holds barred, game of Chess. Play any* move at any time. But wait, there's more! 'Street Chess' features a fully realised darkly noir story mode. Enter the murky underworld of illegal 'Street Chess' to find out what happened to your missing brother.

Hours of fun for the whole family.

Ludum Dare Page

*All legal Chess moves are available. Including but not restricted to En Passant, Castling, Queening, etc.

When I was making Street Chess I imagined it being played by 2 or more people on a multitouch tablet lay flat on the table. To help people play it the way I hoped they would I've uploaded the game to the iOS AppStore.

Get it here  Hand Point Right Street Chess on iOS AppStore

Enjoy Beer!

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2018, 11:19:49 AM »

Seems my computer is a gonner and that I won't be getting it back before the rating period is over, so I went on the Windows partition of the same old laptop that I made my entry on and it actually worked just fine for playing games, so I've finally gone through all the games in this thread! c: Great stuff!

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2018, 02:58:48 AM »

How'd y'all do?

I didn't get very impressive scores overall but I did get 25th place in mood. I guess that's kind of my thing at this point. Tongue Another acquaintance from a different online community got 5th in the same category (and decent scores overall), so congratulations to him!

Also has anybody figured out how the smart balance works? I still don't get it... Huh?

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2018, 06:14:54 AM »

Here's mine for Street Chess

Was a bit disappointed with 159th in Fun, and 204th in Graphics, but happy with the rest.

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2018, 07:19:15 AM »

Those are really good scores overall tho! Congrats on making the top 100 in the overall category!

Silkworm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2018, 07:26:23 AM »

Top 50! Best results I've gotten yet. Strange how my overall score is better than any of the individual ones. I guess there is something to the phrase "greater than the sum of its parts". 

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2018, 08:09:11 AM »

Haha. I guess that could be used as an argument both for and against automatically computing the overall score as an average of all the other ones instead...

You got some really nice scores too, so congratulations. c:

Silkworm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2018, 10:18:46 AM »

Haha. I guess that could be used as an argument both for and against automatically computing the overall score as an average of all the other ones instead...

You got some really nice scores too, so congratulations. c:

Thanks! I'm fine with having "overall" separate. In fact, I'd probably be against computing the average as I don't like the idea of any one category bringing down a game if it doesn't make sense for the game to focus on it. What if you make a really awesome game that doesn't use graphics, or a a game without any humor?

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic