Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 03:05:14 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)The first book in my 2D Shader Development series is out and for free :)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The first book in my 2D Shader Development series is out and for free :)  (Read 621 times)
Francisco Tufró
Level 0

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« on: March 18, 2018, 08:45:15 AM »

Hi everyone! I'm currently working on a series of books about 2D Shader Development.

The idea is to synthesize a bunch of techniques that are specifically useful for 2D, even if they work on 3D as well.

I released the first book last week. It's 4.99 on Amazon or free on the series website, https://www.2dshaders.com

This is an independent initiative, I don't work for any publisher whatsoever. The contents of the books are the result of a 4-year span where I started teaching this in Argentina and USA, always making the workshop better. Now I'm expanding it to make more sense in book form.

I'd love to hear your opinions on the idea and if you get the book let me know what you think.

By the way, the examples are in Unity, but the concepts from the book should be easily transferable to any graphics api/engine.

Hope you like it!

Check out my current game! <br />Nubarron: The adventure of an unlucky gnome.<br /><br />
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic