Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 03:46:29 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsLamentum - Pixel art survival horror game
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Lamentum - Pixel art survival horror game  (Read 7412 times)
ObscureTales
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2019, 09:49:16 AM »

Hello,

I just discovered this topic; I'm not really that into pixel-art style games, but I like what I'm seeing here Smiley

I just watched the trailer, and the only thing that bothered me is that I find the pixel-art, handwritten title of the game a bit hard to read, especially with this font where "m" and "n" can easily be mistaken for an "u".

Keep up the good work,

Hi!

Thank you, we are glad that you like Lamentum Smiley and thanks for your opinion on the title in pixel art, we have been working on a new version:

ObscureTales
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2019, 09:55:18 AM »

Wow, any news of release? Its 2019, also, if puzzle got multiple ways of resolve then its 100% awsome game but if puzzles are to linear il pass for the reason i dont want to get stuck on a puzzle half way

Hi!

We are working hard to have it ready by the end of 2019. Some puzzles can be solved in different ways because the player can make a decision that is not correct but can still continue ... It is difficult to explain without doing spoliers xD
Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2019, 03:31:35 PM »

Bump, any news of this project? Is it stil going?
Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2019, 08:10:50 PM »

Wow, any news of release? Its 2019, also, if puzzle got multiple ways of resolve then its 100% awsome game but if puzzles are to linear il pass for the reason i dont want to get stuck on a puzzle half way

Hi!

We are working hard to have it ready by the end of 2019. Some puzzles can be solved in different ways because the player can make a decision that is not correct but can still continue ... It is difficult to explain without doing spoliers xD

Ah sorry i did not saw the page reply. Thank you
ObscureTales
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2019, 10:11:36 AM »

Lamentum, let's talk about the AI | Dev Log

Hi!

We have not been able to upload a dev log for a while, but it is not because we have frozen but, on the contrary, we are advancing and improving Lamentum day after day.

In the devlog of today we are going to talk about AI in depth since last week we have been very focused on improving and expanding this topic.

The AI ​​of our enemies has been programmed as a state machine and we have developed it through independent modules so that we can create different patterns of behavior following some basic rules.

The states on which our AI is based are:

- Inactivated: The AI ​​is not active in the scene, it needs an external factor to start.
- Rest: The AI ​​is active but has no objective.
- Alert: AI can move between routes with points of interest.
- Attack: AI in action fighting.

They may seem like basic states but these allow us to have different types of AI depending on the type of enemy, for example, some enemies in the Attack state will seek to reach the target according to their range of action while other enemies will maintain distance because their role is to spawn new enemies.

We previously showed how our AI was behaving in motion and explained that we had programmed a raycast system that would allow it to detect if the direction of movement was adequate or if it had an obstacle and needed to reposition itself to move forward. This in theory worked fine but not as well as we would have liked, in some cases with several enemies simultaneously strange situations were generated and some corridors with enough obstacles did not take a clear route and could lead to loops, so we have discarded that part and we have implemented a pathfinding algorithm that in turn takes into account the size that we want to define our enemies.

We have simulated a quite rare situation with several equal enemies in the same room, although we really doubt that such a case is in Lamentum, we wanted to put this algorithm to the test and we liked the results:

The good thing about having structured the AI ​​into independent modules is that by discarding a part of the work that we had before with the raycast movement system, we did not have to redo the entire AI since it was only the module that we used for the movement. In fact the previous system we have left to some enemy that we want to look more "dumb".
ObscureTales
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2019, 07:37:35 AM »

Hey everybody!

We are glad to announce that we have launched a Kickstarter campaign!

You can secure your early bird price and other fantastic rewards here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/828792638/lamentum-survival-horror-in-an-endless-nightmare

If you like the game share and spread the word. We will thank you very much!

Obscure Tales.
ObscureTales
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2019, 01:36:20 AM »

We are at 89% and we have 7 hours left!

We have come a long way, but we still need one last push to get it!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/828792638/lamentum-survival-horror-in-an-endless-nightmare

Any help or support would be great!

P.S.
When the Kickstarter campaign is over we will have learned a lot and we want to make an entry in our blog ... uff, a lot of stress this month! XD
Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2021, 02:25:49 PM »

Congratulations on your ks!

Any news of release? The demo was good
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic