Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 10:49:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGenerali don't know what to think about this
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Author Topic: i don't know what to think about this  (Read 6588 times)
Torchkas
Level 10

collects sawdust

View Profile WWW
« on: March 20, 2018, 06:23:56 PM »

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/youtuber-count-dankula-found-guilty-of-hate-crime-for-teaching-pet-pug-nazi-salute-a3794926.html

this dude has a channel where he makes frequent nazi jokes about his pug

i didn't know the UK had hard laws on nazi representations. i mean i think it doesn't? because the article says he got sentenced for grossly offending, maybe a brit can explain.

i do think comedy shouldn't have bounds, anyone should be allowed to joke about anything. consequences can be real, but for the government to intervene seems quite extreme to me.

the video in question
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 02:13:22 PM by Silbereisen » Logged

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 12:27:46 AM »

its not easy to teach pug to respond to nazi stuff and dude was possibly involved with Tomy Robinson, which kinda changes perspective a bit.
There may have been some juicy stuff on that hearing that pointed at concious agenda.
ViktorTheBoar
Level 3

Hello :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 05:33:18 AM »

When I saw the video, I didn't find it very funny, but I also didn't find it very problematic

and dude was possibly involved with Tomy Robinson

Who is... Okay, I googled, now I find it problematic D:

doghouse
Level 0

VR dev

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 06:02:49 AM »

i didn't know the UK had hard laws on nazi representations. i mean i think it doesn't? because the article says he got sentenced for grossly offending, maybe a brit can explain.

Considering it was supposed to be a video just for his girlfriend - to wind her up.  It's a joke, nothing more.

We're (in the UK) seeing more and more attacks on our right for freedom of speech.  It's absolutely crazy what is happening in this country nowadays.  No-one reported to be offended, no-one!

Erm, Tommy Robinson makes it's problematic?  How so, that dude isn't even racist and supports freedom of speech (check out speaker's corner at Hyde park 18th March this year).  Don't tell me you get facts from mainstream media...

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 06:16:51 AM »

english defence league and pegida are only made out to be racist by the jewish controlled mainstream cultural marxist media open your eyes sheeple it's a grand cospiracy gamergate 2016 support r troops

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Torchkas
Level 10

collects sawdust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 01:27:04 PM »

yeah i also wonder what the specifics on the case are. i doubt the guy is some darling who just made one joke on his dog, but even then, that tommy robinson guy isn't in jail for being an actual dickhead and yet this guy is. are we going to see more jail sentences like this? i just wonder what the precedent being set is.

eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 06:27:56 AM »

I think that political correctness is sometimes abused.

Now: the dude teached the dog to raise it's paw when the nazi salute was spoken witch by itself amounts to nothing. The "gas the jews" part is completely tasteles but the guy just deserves a few bitch slaps to get his ideas straight.

Nowadays, most of the problems arise from lack of proper schooling at home. Daddy maybe missed a few chances to slap him around and the guy is now a retarded adult.

Yeah.
Andrew Salamander
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2018, 12:01:38 PM »

that dude isn't even racist

AHHHHHHHHH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

In Retrospect, a console style runner where your decisions affect the story and gameplay: http://www.inretrospectgame.com
doghouse
Level 0

VR dev

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2018, 12:14:10 AM »

that dude isn't even racist

AHHHHHHHHH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

It's okay, fella.  I take it you take your facts from the msm.  Explains the manic laughing.   Roll Eyes
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2018, 01:50:02 AM »

if only there were some court hearing to find out whether this dude is a scottish nationalist putting questionable stuff on mass display without age gatekeeping, but alas
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2018, 04:20:55 AM »

Jew here: I find this to be unfunny and if I ran youtube I would delete the video because I don’t want my brand associated with shitty and offensive tasteless crap like this video.

However, I am a firm believer in free speech and would be unhappy if the government interviened or labeled it a crime. Sadly, the right to free speech means people much more offensive than this stupid piece of trash are alowed to say their bit if they want. Youtube is a private company that doesn’t have to allow the video on its platform but I would not be ok with making profoundly bad taste a crime.

eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2018, 09:57:33 AM »

I would not be ok with making profoundly bad taste a crime.
Well, apparently, the courts are against you on that one, it seems.

Yeah.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2018, 12:27:50 PM »

the uk doesnt have freedom of speech and to me if a guy teaches his dog to do hitler dance moves its because theyre either so racist or so stupid that they deserve the long arm of the law powerbombing them through a table
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2018, 12:30:00 PM »

clicked the first link and it was a ginger guy with a bunch of face piercings and sanwa arcade buttons in his ears laughing out loud at his own "joke" which was saying "the great meme war" out loud so imo the man should be forced into a jail cell in order to keep him away from the internet and try and make him into a normal person
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2018, 12:31:24 PM »

i scrolled down in the article and saw the phrase "Comedian Ricky Gervais rallied to Meecham's defence" so lets make it life in prison
doghouse
Level 0

VR dev

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2018, 01:16:55 PM »

the uk doesnt have freedom of speech and to me if a guy teaches his dog to do hitler dance moves its because theyre either so racist or so stupid that they deserve the long arm of the law powerbombing them through a table

I know it's hard to understand, but it's called satire.

Even comedy is being attacked.

People are forgetting how to have a sense of humour.  It's those that lack it that need life-long prison sentences!  :p
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2018, 01:20:09 PM »

things that pass as comedy on 4chan isn't actually comedy or satire just a heads up
also nobody else would notice or care if everyone who thinks so is sent to jail so I dunno what the big deal is

doghouse
Level 0

VR dev

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2018, 01:24:21 PM »

That's it, no-one really cares - we should be able to joke away...

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2018, 01:24:42 PM »

you seem fucked up. you should work on that
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2018, 01:30:51 PM »

nobody needs to have patience with nazis either sublimating their opinions as "jokes" or consciously presenting their dogwhistles as jokes for plausible deniability. what a shitty hill to die on for shitty people

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic