Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 03:38:37 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGenerali don't know what to think about this
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: i don't know what to think about this  (Read 6589 times)
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2018, 04:05:33 PM »

ive never been given a satisfactory answer as to why this country needs freedom of speech rather than freedom of speech but you're not allowed to do malicious lies or racial hatred. but damn if THe Angry Phrenologist and Nostalgia Racist get fined £150 for a youtube video they make money plus a series of alex jones appearances on i just might change my mind
Torchkas
Level 10

collects sawdust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2018, 05:50:59 AM »

but ah you see he did say the alt-right was gay. take that leftist establishment shill post-government lizard people funded by soros and the fairly odd parents. how will they argue their way out of this??

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2018, 06:16:13 AM »

I believe strongly in the inalienable right to call people pissers
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2018, 03:39:17 AM »

I have to admit: If that video ended with a bobby breaking down the door and arresting the guy via a powerbomb I would get a certian amount of satisfaction. The right to shitty opinions is a very American one and i know there are limits to the phrase “sticks and stones” since words often lead to actions... IDK, I always have to remember I make entertainment for a living and am not a career politician. Maybe hate speech should be illegal idk. All i know is that youtube is chumps for not powerbombing the “delete account” button.

Torchkas
Level 10

collects sawdust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2018, 01:10:21 PM »

youtube taking account his account is one thing, they should have every right to do that, but it's still boggling my mind that the local police force feels like it needs to intervene in something like this.

eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2018, 01:38:54 PM »

Maybe the political correctness card was played this time?

I don't know, I still believe the guy should be gifted with a few bitchslaps from his folks.

Yeah.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2018, 01:52:43 PM »

It send a no tolerance signal, since racist has been abusing edgy jokes (as marketing and recruiting) to advance their agenda slowly but very effectively.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2018, 02:18:02 AM »

"hate speech is actually good" i chant while performing karate katas in front of my dog, who fucking hates me
this was a good post, imo
Torchkas
Level 10

collects sawdust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2018, 03:55:01 PM »

what the fuck do actual nazis care that some random youtuber got sentenced for teaching his dog to do a salute. you think they're going to stop nazi'ing around?

what this is actually going to do is it's going to make people afraid of making jokes that would be considered "grossly offensive" at court, which for the record nobody's really given a description of. should milk be made illegal because racists have been using it to forward their agenda?

it would be one thing if scotland had a zero tolerance policy against anything a citizen could find offensive. i mean it would only make people terrified to ever say "poopoo peepee", that would certainly offend me. but this thing came totally out of the blue.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 04:14:55 PM by Torchkas » Logged

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2018, 04:30:38 AM »

he was saying "gas the jews", its not about the dog. this would also get him in trouble in germany, and weirdly people havent been complaining about the absolute necessity of not getting in trouble for stuff like that there since about 1945.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2018, 04:41:15 AM »

im sure ive said more offensive things than this guy so im not going to clutch pearls about what he said, but im also much funnier and this fat hairy shithead can fuck off
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2018, 04:46:44 AM »

my man looking like dr frankenstein couldnt afford lab space and had to work out of the staff toilet at a supercuts and people wanna talk about the fucking dog. look at the guy. look at him. he looks like that and has the mind of a particularly stupid 12 year old and hes fucking 30.
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2018, 05:20:21 AM »

it would be one thing if scotland had a zero tolerance policy against anything a citizen could find offensive. i mean it would only make people terrified to ever say "poopoo peepee", that would certainly offend me. but this thing came totally out of the blue.
there's a huge difference between "poopoo peepee" and "gas the jews".

He probably wouldn't have been arrested if instead he taught his dog to react to "jews" or "find the jews". Or he just limited himself to the "heil sieg" gesture.
ViktorTheBoar
Level 3

Hello :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2018, 07:18:00 AM »

has the mind of a particularly stupid 12 year old and hes fucking 30.

I disagree with this specific thing. There's nothing wrong with acting like a 12yo on youtube.

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2018, 07:21:21 AM »

what the fuck do actual nazis care that some random youtuber got sentenced for teaching his dog to do a salute. you think they're going to stop nazi'ing around?

what this is actually going to do is it's going to make people afraid of making jokes that would be considered "grossly offensive" at court, which for the record nobody's really given a description of. should milk be made illegal because racists have been using it to forward their agenda?

Can you be persecuted under this act? I also dont think you can offend some local sheriff that gonna take you to prolonged court hearing.
Youtube has general non-law rules of conduct and is a private enterprice, so they have right to ban and silence anyone. I dont think there is any legal protection on stuff you put on international corporate websites.

I glanced over this guy twitter and there is some compeling evidence of concious agenda that may have played a role in trial.
Torchkas
Level 10

collects sawdust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2018, 07:22:55 AM »

i was half-joking about that bakkusa. i wouldn't actually mind if scotland had hard laws against making fun of the holocaust, but this trial seemed to have derived from something else. putting offense to the jewish people, i believe. that's a different camp in my eyes, and sounds much less reasonable to me than forbidding to make fun of a mass-slaughter. i know that in this case it's the same thing, but it doesn't sit right with me.

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2018, 07:38:45 AM »

imo the problem is that this case might give some voice to Anti-Zionists.  Might be interesting to compare this case with the french comedian Dieudonné.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/dieudonn-mbala-mbala-an-act-of-cruelty-9089178.html
ViktorTheBoar
Level 3

Hello :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2018, 08:22:26 AM »

What I hate the most about the right is that they ruined "tells it like it is" for me Sad

filbs111
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2018, 03:01:42 PM »

Apparently an unpopular opinion around here, but I like Dankula, and feel the law goes too far here.
This isn't the same as saying there should be no legal limits on expression.
The communications act he was charged under was intended to address things like malicious phonecalls. It seems relatively reasonable to me that someone saying really rude or menacing things to someone who doesn't want to hear them over a phone line, or in person, might be a legal matter. Similarly for inciting violence.

If rude things are said in private, or to an audience who has prior warning as to the nature of the content, then it should be OK. The question is where we draw the line, and on which side this falls.

If he'd sent this video directly to, say, a holocaust facebook group, then that seem like something unreasonable. If this was sent to his followers, and someone then forwarded it on to someone who would take offense at it, the person guilty of causing the offense, would be the person who forwarded it. What exactly went on here I don't know. Perhaps we'll find out after sentencing.

This guy is much better at words than i am: http://barristerblogger.com/2018/03/24/its-time-to-change-the-bad-law-used-to-prosecute-count-dankula/
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2018, 03:35:50 PM »

This isn't unpopular opinion when the leader of the free world back them after it was put in position through the use of literal meme ...

Racit had weaponized jokes since forever.

And it tells about the character of someone when they are more troubled about instance punishment of expression of racism, REPEATEDLY, rather than the numerous instance of racism. I guess everyone has their priority straights.

Especially when there is literally an army of different person making similar claim in many forums, is this coordinate PR?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic