Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411506 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 09:51:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGenerali don't know what to think about this
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: i don't know what to think about this  (Read 6591 times)
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2018, 04:18:11 PM »

Apparently an unpopular opinion around here, but I like Dankula
i would like to ask in a respectful and non judgmental way if you could elaborate on why? thank you
filbs111
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2018, 05:03:49 PM »

i would like to ask in a respectful and non judgmental way if you could elaborate on why? thank you

I follow his youtube channel. His videos are relatively to the point and fun, and his remaining upbeat throughout the trial that's dragged on for years is admirable. I also agree with much of what he says, at which point you might be forming an opinion of me, which leads neatly into the next paragraph.

I feel people put him in their "alt right" bucket, and assume that his set of beliefs, goals etc coincide with those of the most extreme individuals they've also applied that label to. Some of his videos take the piss out of the alt right etc. I don't think this is simple misdirection. I don't think he wants to bring about the gassing of jews.

I do suspect the video in question may have been made with a view to testing, or drawing attention to offence legislation in the UK, but see this as a positive goal.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2018, 11:26:52 PM »

It's just that all people I knew doing mild jokes about it (ie punching down rather than up) end up revealing themselves as pretty deep seated racist, my experience is not in isolation. I mean the Charleston shooter had black "friends" and did mild racist antisemitic jokes ironically being pretty sympathetic to anyone, character is not an indication of extreme views, plenty seemingly good people are plenty extreme in their deep mind, and they count on the confusion to gaslight everyone.

IF anything they understand how to manipulate the overton windows, it's like good cop bad cop, racist jokes looks acceptable, people come to defend it, because there is more extreme actions, and thus they move the normal in between the extreme action and the normal, which is an increase normalization of prejudice thought. That's why people answer by always punch a nazi, it push back the windows in the other direction, though racist use that as false equivalence with them.

The understanding is that mild jokes and sympathic character is pretty good documented and proselytize tactics among racist, you can just read them sharing it on racist gathering site, it's not like its hidden.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overton_window

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2018, 02:36:12 AM »

always punch a nazi btw

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2018, 02:38:59 AM »

what about local european nationalists that use ww2 victories and hardships in national superiority rhetorics?
ViktorTheBoar
Level 3

Hello :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2018, 03:55:45 AM »

always punch a nazi btw

Should I punch him down or up?

filbs111
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2018, 05:39:32 AM »

It's just that all people I knew doing mild jokes about it (ie punching down rather than up) end up revealing themselves as pretty deep seated racist, my experience is not in isolation.
I suspect that's because in the places you spend your time, such jokes aren't within the local Overton window, and when you do see a reference to edgy jokes, it's in relation to something that's made the news for another reason, like someone shooting up a school. There may be many of same jokes being made by people who don't end up shooting up their school.

The result of the filter that shows only the most "extreme" examples of "the other" is that people end up thinking that anyone sharing a Pepe meme is a Nazi, and that not cracking down on edgy jokes will inevitably lead to the fourth Reich.

Elsewhere, you have echo chambers where people come to believe that anyone with a LGBT rainbow on their twitter believes that the difference in average male and female (sex) height is a social construct, because one idiot, who may or not be a Poe, wrote a tumblr article about it. They might believe that any permissiveness in sexuality should be resisted because the slippery slope logically leads to kids shagging horses.

Sure Richard Spencer, NAMBLA etc might celebrate any movement of acceptable discourse towards their direction as one step closer to world domination, but does it really?

Oh and don't punch anyone without their sane consent.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2018, 12:25:10 PM »

I suspect that's because in the places you spend your time
Given I'm in the caraibean IRL and these were IRL person and interactions

The result of the filter that shows only the most "extreme" examples of "the other" is that people end up thinking that anyone sharing a Pepe meme is a Nazi, and that not cracking down on edgy jokes will inevitably lead to the fourth Reich.
also given that bannon has reach the white house, and palmer lucky is a fan of him, and given that pinned down racist person were kept in an all white company board for "diversity". Remember palmer lucky financed alt right action using meme as political tools to spread their rhetoric. And every single comment section of black people or black organisation is filled with concern troll

https://twitter.com/tomscocca/status/896564322029142016
This is a pretty good time to remember that Donald Trump's own father was arrested after a violent Ku Klux Klan march in Queens

Ignorance is bliss I guess? until it's not?

My hypothesis is that any advance knowledge of a subject makes you so remove from common sense that it looks like magic. The conclusion after surveying racist culture are some time so insane and apart from common narrative that people think it's all made up, fortunately the evidence has pilled recently that we can swing back that pendulum.

http://melanoidnation.org/how-white-supremacists-use-trolling-and-racialized-jokes-as-weapons/

Also the white supremacists use  racialized jokes as a way to lower the defenses of their victims. When the white supremacists pass off their behavior as just “jokes” and “clowning around”, this causes people to dismiss their behavior and not take it as seriously as they should. This has proven to be a major mistake on behalf of the victims of white supremacy. Because most white supremacist policies and institutions started off a “jokes” at first.

The Ku Klux Klan started off as a joke and a prank. A few former Confederate officers in Pulaski, TN. thought it would be a funny prank to dress up as ghosts and scare the Black people in town.  In 1907, author Albert Stevens wrote this about the Ku Klux Klan: “ludicrous initiations, the baffling of public curiosity, and the amusement for members were the only objects of the Klan”.  And now the KKK is one of the mosts dangerous terroristic organizations in the United States.

In the 1800’s a white actor named Thomas D. Rice used to perform a derogatory African American caricature in blackface. He would perform around the country doing the Jim Crow dance in this comedy routine. His Jim Crow character was a “joke” at first. And then states all over the country started to create Jim Crow laws that terrorized the lives of Black Americans openly until the 1960’s.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 12:35:03 PM by gimymblert » Logged

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2018, 09:02:24 AM »

what about local european nationalists that use ww2 victories and hardships in national superiority rhetorics?
nationalism is exclusively the domain of diseased minds
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2018, 09:53:19 AM »

nationalism is exclusively the domain of diseased minds

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2018, 05:13:15 PM »

he was saying "gas the jews", its not about the dog. this would also get him in trouble in germany, and weirdly people havent been complaining about the absolute necessity of not getting in trouble for stuff like that there since about 1945.

yep there was a very similar case in germany a few years ago (youtuber makes "edgy" holocaust joke, gets fined a few hundred euros). the general reaction was "piece of shit had it coming".

also id like to add that its really gross how this dude plays up his "victim" status by claiming hes "going to jail" which, you know, he won't
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2018, 09:10:24 PM »

The Alt-Right Playbook: Mainstreaming

Penguinoccio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2018, 10:05:12 AM »

I like this thread

good thread everyone

or most people
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2018, 02:25:02 AM »

he got fined, the sky is falling
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2018, 02:39:04 AM »

First they came for the unfunny shit youtubers

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2018, 08:02:42 AM »

how can you even be such a dumass
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2018, 08:21:23 AM »

He is a self-described "professional shitposter", what do you expect.

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2018, 01:03:24 AM »

4chan is lame people banned from something awful.
the entire thing is like dudes who took lolcow thing too far and moderator was "im ok with that"
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2018, 04:59:43 PM »

They are so horrible the founder of the site fled away, and that was after culling the worse element who fled to 8chan

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2018, 01:02:23 AM »

i think there is interview with him about suicide encouragment, and he was like "its freedom of speech" or some shit
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic