Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411471 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58423 Members - Latest Member: antkind

April 23, 2024, 09:34:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignAre you interested in noir-style game?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Are you interested in noir-style game?  (Read 1111 times)
Noparadise
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2018, 04:19:32 AM »

Hi! I am new here, so if I made some mistakes tell me about it. Also English is not my native language.

Let’s start. I am part of a young gamedev team. Now we don`t even have a title.

Shortly about a game. Our project is a T-RPG in the style of a bright noir (the closest example is L.A. Noir), where the story revolves around the misadventures of a private detective and his mixed team of comrades-in-arms. The main rivals are not only gangsters who have entangled the city with criminal networks, but also policemen who disagree fundamentally with the methods of the main characters. But at the beginning we faced with a lack of statistic information.

So, I want to ask you to tell your opinion about this conception. And, maybe, answer some questions from this Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdZXkOV_D_NrwzgYBnW7LswU1XSMtY8V2VxW47QNk1z4hZPIQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 01:43:42 AM by Noparadise » Logged
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 07:05:22 AM »

Hello, you didn't introduce yourself in the introduce yourself thread please do that
and the rules of Design forum is DO NOT POST YOUR OWN GAMES HERE

Try again, manbaby!

Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 12:32:01 AM »

Nice idea, you should take examples from other media too. The Noor golden age in filming use a lot of "chiaro-scuro" (black and white), do you intend to use that?
You said the player is a detective against gangster, in the film Chinatown the detective is against politics also  Is your game very story-intensive?

Games:

gregklein
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 08:27:29 AM »

Make the game you wanna make. Don't design your game to be liked by people and worry about whether noir or the genre or the graphics will be liked.

If you game something that is an expression of your love for a certain type of game, people who love that game will buy it and tell their friends about it. If you make something that is intended to please a mass audience, people might buy and like it, but they won't love it.
Lorenze
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 07:03:49 AM »

Make the game you wanna make. Don't design your game to be liked by people and worry about whether noir or the genre or the graphics will be liked.
This. Mark Brown (or at least the person he was quoting) said it best - "Don't make a game a lot of people will like, make a game a few people will love."

With that being said, I'd definitely be down for this. There's certainly a lack of noir/detective type games and I think it'd be a breath of fresh air, especially with a sequel to L.A. Noire looking pretty unlikely. Good luck!

I'm just here so I don't get fined, man.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic