Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 01:52:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)My OBS recordings have garbage sound, help me figure out my settings
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: My OBS recordings have garbage sound, help me figure out my settings  (Read 2026 times)
Andrew Salamander
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: March 23, 2018, 06:50:37 AM »

So my laptop isn't amazing and when I first got OBS I messed around with the settings a bit to get the video looking... ok.  Framerate is still iffy at times but that may just be my laptop.  The audio sucks though.  Maybe I have things set up wrong? 

I'm not doing any streaming or anything BTW just recording gameplay videos.

Here are the settings I think are related to sound?

My other settings, in case they help...

Any ideas would be appreciated!

In Retrospect, a console style runner where your decisions affect the story and gameplay: http://www.inretrospectgame.com
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 07:46:15 AM »

What does "the audio sucks" mean, specifically?

You have a microphone input selected, so if you happen to have one plugged in and you're trying to only get game audio, maybe that's what you're hearing. If you mean to record both at once and the microphone quality is worse than you want, that's a different class of problem. I normally leave Mix/Auxiliary Audio Device disabled, and record microphone audio separately with Audacity if I want a voice track.

Andrew Salamander
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 08:17:25 AM »

It comes out feeling very tinny and compressed sounding?  When I get home I can post an example.

I am not trying to record with a mic as well, just the in-game sounds, I didn't even notice a mic was on so I can disable that.  But I don't have a mic anyway so that shouldn't really matter should it?

In Retrospect, a console style runner where your decisions affect the story and gameplay: http://www.inretrospectgame.com
Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 12:59:49 PM »

your laptop webcam probably has a built in mic, most do.

The only other thing I can think of is your sample rate, I've had weird sound glitches when it's different than what my audio card produces.  It could be an issue with the encoder you're using too, I'm not sure what codec that encoder uses, but your bitrate is extremely high if you're broadcasting to twitch, for twitch you want to use 160kbps AAC for audio or twitch will do the "quick" re-encoding of it as you broadcast (and make it sound like garbage)

-Fuzzy Spider
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic