Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 02:44:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work[POSITION FILLED} Seeking 2D pixel artist (32x32) for established Steam game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [POSITION FILLED} Seeking 2D pixel artist (32x32) for established Steam game  (Read 1011 times)
zircon
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: March 26, 2018, 08:38:20 PM »

Hey folks! Back in 2016 I made a post on this very forum about a little roguelike project that needed a pixel artist. I found someone amazing right here on TIGSource, recruited a couple other artists, and went on to make Tangledeep which launched on Steam last month. The game is still getting regular content updates and I have DLC planned as well!

However, after about 18 continuous months of awesome collaboration, our excellent monster & character artist is stepping back to work on his own game. After so much time, I can't blame him! So, I'm looking for a new artist to step up and help me create some additional monsters for the game in our established style and palette.

For clarity:

I'm looking for a pixel artist to MATCH our existing monster art / animation style as closely as possible!

As a freelance composer myself I know it's not easy to imitate the art of someone else, but in this case, it's what we need. Please keep this in mind as you read on.

TYPE OF WORK: Ongoing contract. Fairly relaxed deadlines. Work with us on Discord!

COMPENSATION: Baseline $150 per animated monster sprite. Depending on complexity we can adjust as needed / negotiable.

SPRITE SIZE: Base size 32x32.

ANIMATIONS: All monsters have an 'idle' animation and a 'hit' animation. 'Idle' can be any number of frames but usually at least 3-4 with small amounts of movement to breathe life into the sprite. 'Hit' is 4 frames and is typically a single state with just a bit of movement.

REFERENCES: There are over 60 monsters in the game already. Here is a sprite sheet with a bunch of them so you can get a clear idea of *exactly* what I'm looking for. Please look at this very carefully! This shows the sort of color palettes, outlines, shapes, silhouettes, etc we're using.

If that is still not enough, just search "Tangledeep" on YouTube and take a look at the various gameplay videos out there to see stuff in motion.

--

If you think you can match this style and you want to work with us to create some awesome new monsters, please send an email to [email protected] with relevant pixel art samples. Thank you in advance!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 10:43:13 AM by zircon » Logged
Captain Boomcake
Level 0

Captain Boomcake

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 01:24:52 PM »

Hi there, I would love to work with you on this going forward! I can add you on discord nice and easily,

my link to my website is right here: www.odovedesign.com

I notice the content here doesn't precisely match but I am flexible as you can see, I would love to stretch my hands and work on some fresh content like you have shown! let's get talking.

Thanks,
Oscar - ODOVEDESIGN
emedg
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 11:28:29 AM »

Look likes a good game. I'm interesting!
I'll send you an e-mail.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic