Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 02:38:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesCan't change email because profile settings page says my password is wrong
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Can't change email because profile settings page says my password is wrong  (Read 7231 times)
nickgravelyn
« on: March 27, 2018, 08:47:51 PM »

I'm trying to change the email account for my account but the page says my password is wrong. Except I just used that password to login and it's saved in a password manager so I'm just doing a copy/paste. Is there something about the "current password" field that would have issues with some characters in my randomly generated password that the normal login password box wouldn't?

I just want to change my email address. Tongue
Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 09:36:48 AM »

I've had a similar problem, as described here. A quick check seems to confirm that it's still present in my case. :/

nickgravelyn
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 07:56:57 PM »

So I was able to work around this. I logged out, went to the full login page, and did the password reset link. I then made a new password that only had letters and numbers and was shorter than my normal generated passwords. Then I was able to update my profile info.

Probably some weird issue with that password field compared to the others, but at least there was a way around it.
Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 10:46:28 AM »

Ah, thank you for that--it looks like a useful workaround! ^_^

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic