Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 04:59:12 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessA Translation Worth it?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: A Translation Worth it?  (Read 510 times)
alphabetagammadelta
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2018, 09:18:40 AM »

Hey all,

I’m searching for some honest answers on how “worthy” a translation for a game might be. For me personally, the question is if it’s worth putting effort into translating game content aiming for a little extra income. That’s why want to ask you as developers/publishers for some honest feedback based on your own experience.

I know this is a subject heavily depending on the project and the person(s) behind it. So feel free to give some context! Some random questions to hit the discussion… :)

• Is money the criterion you dropped language support?
  • Where did you look for translators (and maybe their rates)?
  • How much are you willing to pay for a translation for your game in $? - If it depends on the language/region, feel free to differentiate! Let’s say it had 5.000 words.
  • Are there significantly more sales in a certain region where you have language-support?
  • How attractive are community-translations to you in comparison to “paid individuals”?
  • What are your criteria whether you entrust someone with translating your game?

If you have questions on your own - add them! Hope we will get an interesting thread! :)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic